• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lionel Mandrake

Prophetic Lionel Mandrake
Oct 26, 2017
Like, do I have symptoms of coronavirus, or merely the usual seasonal allergies?

Oh, and it's all fine and good to tell the public "Avoid touching your face," when your eyes and nose aren't itching and burning with the intensity of an anthill in a beehive on the surface of the sun during solar hive-dwelling ant mating season (don't know how ants work, don't care to learn).

Let's be absolutely clear, this is cheating on the part of coronavirus. It's a completely dishonorable move and whatever text discussing the historical and social impact that this thing has on the world should include an asterisk that clarifies just how much of a lame cheater it was.

And a big special "fuck you" to the trees for going along with their yearly pollination cycles during this crisis. Way to be a team player, fucking lumber.

Big shout out to bees though for getting some of that pollen out of here. So let's give it up for bees!

r4Zqvs6.jpg

Anyway, it's like two days in, I'm a sneezy mess, and I'm already stir crazy. How y'all doing?

Kevers

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Syracuse, NY
I don't have allergies but developed what I assume is a cold right as all of this hit. It's not exactly fun getting sick while everything is going to shit around me.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
In a lot of pain, this is the worst time of year for me so normally I try to escape to the mountains because the elevation and snow help lighten my allergies(tho sadly not remove) instead I'm stuck in the region where I have some of my worst allergies(well not as bad as Houston but not by much).
Still have post nasal drip, my eyes are a mess and a piercing sinus headache plus my seasonal racking cough(respiratory quirk sadly). Despite being on 3 antihistamines(poll, nose spray and eye drop) and mucus relief... sigh I really need to get away from here for good

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
See, coronavirus doesn't usually involve sneezing, just a dry cough, maybe congestion. So, I wouldn't worry if you're just sneezing with no fever.

DarkSora

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
See, that's the problem. So much pollen around my house that even the smallest sneeze in public gets people to move away from me. :(

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
I went to the doctor because of severe migranes a couple weeks ago and was getting anxious looks every time I sniffled.

Rogue74

Nov 13, 2017
Miami, FL
Yeah, allergies are killing me at the moment. Earlier today I was freaking out over a slightly sore throat and runny nose. I deal with it every spring. The Zyrtec helping with the symptoms put my mind at ease.

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
They're not bothering me yet but there is always a month in the year where i want to remove my eyes and nose because of pollen i'm allergic to.
The itch is too much.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Been holding in my coughs and throat-clearing for a few weeks now because of this. Also keep checking my temperature to make sure I'm not truly coming down with it, and doing better keeping on top of my allergy medications.

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
Maybe pollen will fight coronavirus in a war fough over a billion trillion battlefields and we will cheer for the SHITTING POLLEN THAT FUCKS ME UP EVERY JUNE.

shoptroll

May 29, 2018
This is something I was thinking about a couple days ago and I'm concerned people are either going to a) ignore COVID symptoms thinking it's allergies, or b) tax the medical infrastructure further by thinking allergies are COVID symptoms.

So yea, timing is about perfect ☹️

siteseer

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't have allergies but developed what I assume is a cold right as all of this hit. It's not exactly fun getting sick while everything is going to shit around me.
I've had a mild cough and some sniffles for a week now, but the timing sure put me on edge for a moment.
this is me. caught a very mild seasonal flu or cold about a week ago. sore throat, sniffles, chills, but no temperature or cough. still trying not to clear my throat or sneeze in public because 'PANIC!'

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
this is me. caught a very mild seasonal flu or cold about a week ago. sore throat, sniffles, chills, but no temperature or cough. still trying not to clear my throat or sneeze in public because 'PANIC!'
Yyyyup. I have to take a 30 minute cramped train ride downtown to get to work everyday, which I avoided for most of last week by just working from home. Just didn't want to deal with it.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
I dealt with this a couple days ago. Started taking my allergy meds but it took a couple days before they started working.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
We don't need a million Corona virus threads

Status
Not open for further replies.