• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So, some quick ground rules. Let's keep the joke posts to a minimum (unless you really must). Spoiler tag recent games. Get spooky.

I'll start with the obvious ones to me:

Dead+Hand+Grab+Link+Ocarina.bmp

4958290775421055_l_5242.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Deleted member 1378

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
Karazhan Crypts - or more specifically, the Upside-Down Sinners.

Basically, beneath the tower of Karazhan, there's this dungeon they put into the game but never used. You could clip through walls with certain items to get into the entrance of the Crypts - but the most peculiar thing about it was that there are a TON of corpses, impaled on hooks attached to chains, floating in the water in the crypts. There's also tons of corpses lying around, and gigantic piles of bones.

wowscrnshot_092611_213357.jpg

kara-bone-pile-2.jpg

Here's some Kara music for added spookiness.

OP
OP
WestEgg

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Karazhan Crypts - or more specifically, the Upside-Down Sinners.

Basically, beneath the tower of Karazhan, there's this dungeon they put into the game but never used. You could clip through walls with certain items to get into the entrance of the Crypts - but the most peculiar thing about it was that there are a TON of corpses, impaled on hooks attached to chains, floating in the water in the crypts. There's also tons of corpses lying around, and gigantic piles of bones.

wowscrnshot_092611_213357.jpg

kara-bone-pile-2.jpg

Here's some Kara music for added spookiness.
Dude, this always creeped me out hard core. WoW had a knack for surprise creepy. The undead stuff? Not scary. Satanic Goldshire Children? Maximum Spooky.

Deleted member 1378

Oct 25, 2017
Dude, this always creeped me out hard core. WoW had a knack for surprise creepy. The undead stuff? Not scary. Satanic Goldshire Children? Maximum Spooky.

Don't forget the nursery in Nagrand where the owner was actually eating the children.

Or the fact that Gnoll tents are literally made from the skin of their victims
humanskin-tent.jpg

Mugsy

Oct 27, 2017
Gigas the final boss in Earthbound is represented by a moving background instead of a sprite. Over the course of the fights phases the background changes as Gigyas becomes more damaged, and less under control. (Warning, flashing colors)

Walking Towards the battle
giygaseye.png

Miniboss Before Final Battle
maxresdefault.jpg

Phase 1
latest

Phase 2
tenor.gif

Phase 3
tenor.gif

Deleted member 1378

Oct 25, 2017
Gigas the final boss in Earthbound is represented by a moving background instead of a sprite. Over the course of the fights phases the background changes as Gigyas becomes more damaged, and less under control. (Warning, flashing colors)

I really like how in Dragon Ball Super they referenced this by
having Zamasu turn into this after his body was destroyed
maxresdefault.jpg
h18nJj3.png

OP
OP
WestEgg

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
latest

The Weird Space Cows from Mass Effect that steal from you when you aren't looking.

calcputer

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not sure if this fits the mood you are looking for exactly but,

also, there's nothing scarier than when you really gotta go pee and
zlCfzTDIfO8jrA4bnw

Coricus

Oct 25, 2017
Drowning in Sonic always sent me into panic mode to the point where just being underwater unsettled me to no end.

Now then, have you ever wondered what would happen if you concentrated all the ingrained childhood trauma of having a jingle hammer into your ears as a result of that and replicated it onto an indestructible one hit KO inflicting enemy that slowly chased you around your location?

200px-Orne_artwork.png

Kid Icarus: Uprising idol description said:
These vengeful ghosts seem to be formed from concentrated misery and regret. All who come into contact with Orne have their minds shattered, with death following shortly thereafter. They are attracted to the life force of their enemies.

Screw. These. Things.

Do you see how that description says they're made of concentrated trauma? Yeah. Not joking.

And that's not even getting into the fact that we know that enemies from the same faction this thing comes from can be made from the melted together amalgamations of souls. And I mean, it's got tons of smaller disfigured skulls spilling out of it's mouth every time it opens it. Oh, so it might be trauma and the tortured souls of the dead. OK then.

Doo dee doo dee doo doo doo

Last edited:

Hero_Select

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
hqdefault.jpg

Ugh... The music when you're about to run out of air was terrifying for me as a child.

Coricus

Oct 25, 2017
hqdefault.jpg

Ugh... The music when you're about to run out of air was terrifying for me as a child.
Yeah, the fact that it managed to domino pile Ornes into a trauma point just by parallels hammers it in.

Even now I turn the volume off and run with my tail tucked between my legs to the highest route I can find on these kinds of levels.

All it takes is a freaking jingle and some urgency and you can make nearly any threat of death terrifying.