• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Prophane33

Oct 25, 2017
尾張国
There's a lack of good "true" scary stories on my favorite websites today. So, I figured why not make one on my most favorite website.

One of mine is kind of a cop-out as it's something that WAS unexplained that later I found a solution to. The second however...

First Story
Around ten years ago, I was surfing the internet late at night with my wife's (at the time fiance's) brother at the desk next to me, we were watching stupid videos on youtube. When out of the corner of my eye I see a can of soda move across the desk. I'm thinking, "nope nope nope" and just keep calm and carry on. BUT he asks me, "did that Coke can just move?" I told him that I wasn't going to say anything, but YES it did just move. We were both pretty freaked out.

Fast forward two years later. Middle of broad daylight (i.e., hardly scary) I had a Big Gulp sitting on the desk that had been there for a little while when I see a drip of condensation slide down to the bottom...the big gulp then moves an inch or two. Basically if I put a drink on a specific part of that desk there is a bit of an incline and if condensation gets under it and it will move an inch or two.

But for two years that moving can story was my go to "ghostly encounter" story.

Second Story
Back in high school I was visiting a friend whose younger brother used to bother him. He would always call down the hallway whenever he needed him. I was at his house one day (not the middle of the night or anything) chilling in his room (likely messing around with his brand new broadband connection, it was the late 90s) when we heard his brother yell his name from down the hall. My friend yells back, "what?" only to receive no reply. He then asks, "You heard my brother call me right?", to which I said, "yeah". He then went down the hall only to discover that no one was home. He then told me that as far as he knew his family left together a couple hours ago and weren't due back for a few hours more. We kind of looked around (more weirded out than scared, as this was a double-wide trailer and not a sprawling home) to see if his bro was messing with us, but no one was home. Eventually his family came home a few hours later without incident, and of course the first thing we do is tell his brother that we heard him call my friend's name. He thought we were messing with him, but to this day it's really the only 100% unexplained event in my life. I know that it wasn't my friend messing with me, as he wasn't the type to do that kind of stuff, and he never mentioned it being a prank or anything in the past 18 years or so. Was not necessarily "scary", but certainly something weird.

Lari

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
I have been living for about 2 years now in the house where my grandma used to live before she passed.
Since I moved in here, there have been a handful of weird things happening.

I usually set my cell phone to charge on the nightstand next to my bed at night, one morning I wake up and the phone isn't there anymore. I looked around everywhere in the room and couln't find it... until I looked under the bed, it was there screen up exactly in the middle of the bed as if someone put there, there were no new scratches or anything to indicate it had fallen off the nightstand.

One time I heard knocking on my door, two loud knocks, KNOCK KNOCK. I open the door thinking my mom or my sister would be there, but nope. They were nowhere near.

We keep the drinks at a fridge downstairs where my grandma's maid used to live, it's basically this long hallway that ends on 2 door, a bedroom and a bathroom. As I as getting a bottle of water I heard very clearly the sound of a door creaking. I immediately got goosebumps. I go to check the doors, they are both open held in place by door stoppers and when I tried moving both doors none made the sound I had heard.

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
If this had only happened to me while I was alone, I might have convinced myself it didn't happen after all these years....

Back in 2005 my friend Daniel and I were headed back to my house after going to a movie. As we were coming down a hill (that leads into a curve) we saw 2 bright red lights moving through the woods ahead to our right. Maybe about 150 yards ahead of us.

I thought nothing of it...probably brake lights of a car backing out of a driveway. About halfway down the hill the 2 red lights came out into the road, I started to slow down. At that moment both red "lights" shot from a solid 75 yards from us straight at our truck and then split up and to the right over us.

No impact with anything, and what I saw was two massive....softball to watermelon size...red "orbs". I nearly pissed myself and just sort of drove for about 30 seconds in dead silence.

I then said "Dan, did you see that or am I crazy." Dan said "No man...I didn't want to say anything. What the fck was that?!."

The "orbs" were clear as day. This was a very rural area and things like drones didn't exist like they do now (they can't accelerate that fast anyway).

It's the freakiest thing I've ever seen and to this day we both talk about it at random and we still have no clue what we saw. Watching something cover that much ground that fast, and purposefully avoid you is shocking. Still get chills.

QuantumZebra

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seen a couple UFOs (3?). Typical occurrence would be a bright seemingly multicolored object in the sky not moving, then suddenly moving very rapidly into the atmosphere and out of sight. I know a lot about avionics and military tech and nothing I know of can move as fast as what I've seen or has the capabilities to do such things. One of them was at night while driving but it went from essentially sitting still on the horizon (triangular shape) to fucking gone in like 10 seconds.

Oct 30, 2017
Sleep paralysis, seeing dark figures and vividly talking to them. I've also legit seen furniture hover at a friends house who had ghost issues previously, as in.. I watched a couch hover about 6" off the ground.. so no fake in that.

kittens

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Within a few minutes of my mom dying she appeared to me in a dream and imparted a message. It's funny because it was every bit the stereotypical "someone passing into the afterlife" dreams you always hear about, but it was amazing nonetheless, and has had a lasting impact on me.

In the dream, she had no form. She was a blue/white light, bright but gentle, with a weightless quality to it, shifting. Without words, she radiated calm and contentment. She held the moment, holding me firm and letting me know that she's truly okay. Then, after a while, she spoke (with words): "I am the rock, and you are the wind." I've come up with a lot of ways to interpret that, but I'll share those another day.

I've since had several dreams with her, my grandma, and sometimes both. I never particularly believed in spirits before, but I definitely do now.

Sero-Kyle

Oct 27, 2017
I love when people tell their "supernatural" encounters in forums, it is really entertaining, even though I am very skeptical and don't believe that there is the supernatural. I don't have anything that happened exactly with me, however it happened with my sister and my mother.

My mother only told me about this event a few years ago.

Around 11 years ago, my family had just moved to an apartment. My sister and I slept in same bedroom while we lived in this apartment, I never felt anything strange there or had any problems to sleep from what I remember, but my sister had a lot of troubles sleeping there and always said that something didn't let her sleep and she once told my mom that there was something there.

One night (that I was probably sleeping at my aunt's house) my mother decided to sleep in my sister bedroom, so my sister would not be so afraid (my sister was 16 ou 17 years old). From what my mother told me, she then prayed so that anything that were supposed to happen to my sister that night should happen to my mother instead. So in the middle of the night my mom wakes up feeling like there was someone on her chest and she could barely breath and then she felt like someone was slapping her face. After a few seconds she finally did not feel the presence anymore...

In the morning she told what happened to my father who then proceeds to talk with the janitor about who lived there before and he told my father about an alcoholic guy whom died in the apartment. A few months later we moved from this apartment.

IMO it was just their mind playing some tricks or sleep paralysis. After all when I was younger I was scared of everything and never felt anything.

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
Within a few minutes of my mom dying she appeared to me in a dream and imparted a message. It's funny because it was every bit the stereotypical "someone passing into the afterlife" dreams you always hear about, but it was amazing nonetheless, and has had a lasting impact on me.

In the dream, she had no form. She was a blue/white light, bright but gentle, with a weightless quality to it, shifting. Without words, she radiated calm and contentment. She held the moment, holding me firm and letting me know that she's truly okay. Then, after a while, she spoke (with words): "I am the rock, and you are the wind." I've come up with a lot of ways to interpret that, but I'll share those another day.

I've since had several dreams with her, my grandma, and sometimes both. I never particularly believed in spirits before, but I definitely do now.

like a waking dream? or you fell asleep minutes after you mom passed?

kittens

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
like a waking dream? or you fell asleep minutes after you mom passed?
I was in the same room as my mom when she died, sleeping in another bed. I woke up, looked at the clock and saw that it was 8:00, then went back to sleep. At 8:10 the nurse woke me up to tell me my mom had passed, and in the intervening 10 minutes I had that dream.

SKRUZO

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
It was a dark and stormy night...

It was actually pretty late and pouring rain. There was very little moonlight, and the rain was so heavy it was starting to affect how far we could see. My girlfriend and I were driving home after a late dinner, and there were 2 road possibilities we could take that connected the town we ate in, and the town she lived in: One had occasional streetlights and stayed mostly "City-like" along the way but was probably around 2x as long, the other was a pretty direct shot to her town, but it went through what you might consider country or rural areas. I decided to take the rural road, as I'd driven it many times and it was indeed a lot faster.

We were driving along, the windshield wipers swinging full tilt, and as we neared the top of a large hill some fog began to roll in around ground level. My girlfriend joked "This is some pretty textbook ghost fog." and I laughed.
Not even 10 seconds later, what looked like a person wearing a long flowing white dress with their arms raised slightly to either side could be seen through the fog just walking slowly along the side of the road. My girlfriend and I went silent and I gripped the wheel out of surprise and confusion. We drove past without saying a word, and after we were about 10 seconds ahead, my girlfriend said "So how about some music to... uh..." and I replied "Go for it!"

I'm not one to believe in ghosts, and I know that taking advantage of what was absolutely perfect "paranormal weather" is something I most certainly would do to scare some random passer-by, but the timing of the fog rolling in and my girlfriend's comment seemed a little too spooky.

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
One time when I was 11 or 12 my friend and I went down to my basement to play some PS1 Crash Bandicoot as we always would. This time however, we see this little person dart so fucking quick from the game room and into the garage area we had no clue where the hell it ran to! We just looked at each other, like wtf was that?! So we looked around the garage for a minute or so and noticed the side door was open which it probably used as an exit. Not sure how it got in.

I guess some little person was a burglar trying to steal my games or just a basement dwelling creature that still sometimes keeps me up at night just thinking about it. Never seen something dart so quickly in my life.

OP
OP
Prophane33

Prophane33

Oct 25, 2017
尾張国
One time when I was 11 or 12 my friend and I went down to my basement to play some PS1 Crash Bandicoot as we always would. This time however, we see this little person dart so fucking quick from the game room and into the garage area we had no clue where the hell it ran to! We just looked at each other, like wtf was that?! So we looked around the garage for a minute or so and noticed the side door was open which it probably used as an exit. Not sure how it got in.

I guess some little person was a burglar trying to steal my games or just a basement dwelling creature that still sometimes keeps me up at night just thinking about it. Never seen something dart so quickly in my life.

Could have been an animal of some type that got in the house and you filled in the image of a person to explain a racoon or escaped circus monkey.

DarlingDixie

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I did the 'say her name 3 times in the mirror thing' (Bloody Mary) and I swear something happened. I ran out of the room and never did it again!!

Also, a cup of coke fell off my bed and landed perfectly on the floor with no spillage. I'm still not sure if this was some kind of fever dream because how the fuck did that happen?