User requested account closure
- Oct 25, 2017
Santa Monica Studio is looking for an experienced Senior Character Concept artist to help develop genre defining visuals delivered only on PlayStation. Come help us design a rich cast of characters and creatures steeped in story, mythology, mixed with strong historical detail and influences.
So it seems like they're hiring a concept artist to work on new stuff for them- either this is for an expansion, or likelier, a sequel for this game has entered pre-production. Which is awesome! Hopefully it won't take as long to come as God of War did, and we can see it in the next 2-3 years.
- Work with the Art Directors and Leads to create high quality characters, gods, creatures, and props.
- Must be able to create character designs that are both visually strong while also supporting the gameplay and narrative needs.
- Possess the knowledge of design process through the creation of thumbnail, sketches, painting, model sheets, and production paintings.
- Is able to participate in meetings, brainstorming ideas, pitching concepts, and responding to feedback.
- Is comfortable receiving critiques and working under tight deadlines.
Btw, the actual job experience requirements are a bit less exacting than is usual- so if you are looking to break into the game industry, and have the right skill set, go ahead and apply!