• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
Thank God! This is my favorite game from this generation and easily in my Top 5 Games of All Time! Keeping this on platform was like leaving money on the table. I don't have a super powerful PC, but I'll still buy it to show my support.

Microsoft needs to green-light a sequel, and if they don't, hopefully Insomniac can find a new partner to publish it on PlayStation, Xbox, and PC.

They should go back and change the NeoGaf line to ResteEra lol.

khamakazee

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Agreed, gamepass is great value if you like Microsofts 1st party games, can't argue that. But many people still prefer to buy their games instead of renting them, especially on PC. EA already offers a decent subscription service for PC gamers, but there's barely any buzz around it. Humble Monthly is much more popular, because it actually let's you keep your games if you stop subscribing.

While you still can buy games from the Windows Store, outside the US these games are much more expensive than similar (or even the same) games on Steam (and every other game store on PC). Discounts are also not as good/frequent and the best discounts are behind the Gold paywall. Last but not least Microsoft doesn't allow devs to sell game keys to 3rd party keystores, meaning we only get WinStore games on keystores when there are bundle leftovers.

This being said, my post was more about the closed nature of WinStore games. Because the game files are encrypted and the game runs in a protected sandbox, you actually get a locked down console experience without the perks and benefits of PC gaming. Great stuff like this will never happen with WinStore exclusive games for example. At least for me, that's a major reason for boycotting the Windows Store until Microsoft decides to open up their stuff.

Microsoft is NOT threading the Xbone as a PC. It is still a closed ecosystem, where consumers can't do anything without aid and permission of Microsoft and/or the developer. It's a very different experience.

Also, it doesn't make sense to push a locked down console-like ecosystem on PC to people who aren't really in the Xbox console market.

You enjoy your console exclusives like Driveclub though, so why are you unable to enjoy Windows Games? The games run great for me, probably better than your console counterparts that are limited to the hardware and likely also locked to 30fps.

Microsoft has every right to lock titles to their store just like many other publishers and companies do. You keep saying the same thing every day about how you won't support Windows Store.

Do you ever ask yourself when it's time to move on. You talk about Microsoft every day but don't like them? Odd. It's almost as though anytime they get some positive news or traction like Forza Horizon 4 and Game Pass, the more vocal you become telling everyone why you boycott them.

Last edited:

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
You enjoy your console exclusives like Driveclub though, so why are you unable to enjoy Windows Games? The games run great for me, probably better than your console counterparts that are limited to the hardware and likely also locked to 30fps.

Microsoft has every right to lock titles to their store just like many other publishers and companies do. You keep saying the same thing every day about how you won't support Windows Store.

Do you ever ask yourself when it's time to move on. You talk about Microsoft every day but don't like them? Odd. It's almost as though anytime they get some positive news or traction like Forza Horizon 4 and Game Pass, the more vocal you become telling everyone why you boycott them.
The Windows Store being an objective piece of shit, when it comes to large PC games, seems to be a factor you've completely left out.

People obviously want to play the games, it's just frustrating that they may be closed off in a store that can even at times render them unplayable.

khamakazee

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Windows Store being an objective piece of shit, when it comes to large PC games, seems to be a factor you've completely left out.

People obviously want to play the games, it's just frustrating that they may be closed off in a store that can even at times render them unplayable.

I've heard many reasons from the price of the games to not being able to mod them. That's what I was getting at. If the games are unplayable then of course that's unacceptable.

Good news is that is not my case and I often wonder when the last time some of these people even tried it. Yes there are legitimate issues but you have a select few who enjoy compounding the issues just because they don't like Microsoft. You can tell by the sheer determination some have and can't go by a single day without taking about them .

Liliana

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
NYC

Well said. So I'm not the only one that notices this...

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
I've heard many reasons from the price of the games to not being able to mod them. That's what I was getting at. If the games are unplayable then of course that's unacceptable.

Good news is that is not my case and I often wonder when the last time some of these people even tried it. Yes there are legitimate issues but you have a select few who enjoy compounding the issues just because they don't like Microsoft. You can tell by the sheer determination some have and can't go by a single day without taking about them .
People on this very forum have gotten locked out of Forza Horizon 4. The store being a bish is not an ancient problem that was fixed and people haven't tried it recently enough to realize.

It's not your job to investigate or keep track of people's reasons and history's of Microsoft criticism. Don't be a super fan.

khamakazee

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
People on this very forum have gotten locked out of Forza Horizon 4. The store being a bish is not an ancient problem that was fixed and people haven't tried it recently enough to realize.

It's not your job to investigate or keep track of people's reasons and history's of Microsoft criticism. Don't be a super fan.

The person I originally replied to has no intentions of even trying the game if it's Windows Store exclusive, or getting an Xbox One, or using Windows Store at all for its exclusive games. And has come to multiple upon multiple of Microsoft topics to tell us why. Yet has and will continue to promote and support other consoles and their exclusives.

It has little to do with being a superfan (I own a few Windows games but no Xbox), it's about being rational. Or in this case irrational behaviour intended solely for attention

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
One of may favorite games of the generation. Bought an Xbone for it. Really hopes this sells really well on PC so we can get a sequel. Seeing the series most likely left for dead sucked.

Deleted member 12129

User requested account closure
Oct 27, 2017
What are chances of an XO announcement this weekend? I would love a surprise "AND ITS AVAILABLE NOW!!" type of announcement.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
I'm hoping some of the Spider-Man hype transfers to SO. IMHO, the traversal in this is actually better. There's nothing like dashing through the air, bouncing off cars, running across buildings, and grinding on rails (while using some insane guns/gadgets). It just felt more natural to me as crazy as that sounds.

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
aaQ0Esq.png

Parsnip

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Some posts in this thread aged real well, and it's not even an old thread.

Will probably buy on Steam, though I kind of hated the humor from what I saw of it in quick looks and whatnot.

chadskin

Oct 27, 2017
Was the best exclusive when I briefly had an XB1 to catch up on some games a while ago. I'll happily double-dip on Steam.

Judge

Vault-Tec Seal of Approval
Oct 25, 2017
What a great couple months for Insomniac. Amazing spiderman launch and now a wider audience gets to experience another great game by them.

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
Holy heck, they figured it out. People buy games when they aren't on their pitiful excuse for a store.

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wow didn't expect it to come to Steam but I'm glad it is. It has a chance to sell decently now.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
I wonder why suddenly now this game is coming to steam while others like Forza or SoT have to be stuck to windows store.

sunset overdrive isnt a first party game?
maybe forza or sot can hit steam way later like other 1st party ms games but id doubt in the case of SoT since its such a multiplayer focused game and microsoft probably wants all players under their umbrella. and forza is their biggest title right now, doubt they will part with it either.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder why suddenly now this game is coming to steam while others like Forza or SoT have to be stuck to windows store.

Developer involvement most likely. Rare (and now Playground) are directly owned, while a developer like Remedy or Insomniac has more investment in copies sold than in pushing Windows store. I don't expect anything that's developed by a studio MS owns to get out of it, but most third party stuff has a shot.

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
Basically, this is small stuff. Microsoft's shown they'll put smaller-scale releases (or ones they are less directly involved with) on Steam, since it's likely that only the really big games do well on the Windows Store. This one will definitely be unique if it completely skipped the Store, though. All of their other games have had some time spent only on there.

Status
Not open for further replies.