• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
in terms of gameplay alone, yes, spiderman is a better all round package though, day 1 for me for sure on steam.
Spider-Man had a better story and is a pretty darn good game, but SSO while not being as well-rounded as SM still had the most fun TPS gameplay I ever experienced. Running through the city and shooting enemies never got boring.

Deleted member 17289

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Spider-Man had a better story and is a pretty darn good game, but SSO while not being as well-rounded as SM still had the most fun TPS gameplay I ever experienced. Running through the city and shooting enemies never got boring.
lol, you said exactly what i said, read the first part of my post.

Ge0force

Self-requested ban.
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Belgium
Probably it's sarcasm, but if it isn't (so it's for other ppl that were actually serious about this argument):

What the hell are you talking about?

Now I need to buy a console for ONE game? Yep, I don't care about Halo, Forza etc, I'm "just" an Insomniac fan, but not enough to spend all that money to play one single game, crazy ah?!
I'll prefer to wait and hope for a porting if it's plausible, and in this case it was.

In the first years I already had a PS4 and I was (and still do) happy with it, then MS started to port their games on PC and Play Anywhere was a thing.
Quantum Break was released on Steam too... the more time has passed and more plausible has become the possibility of Sunset Overdrive on PC/Steam, and now it's real!

We can finally play the game that we wanted, most likely at 60FPS too, with season pass included and discounted price.

What's the "bad" part? That we waited 4 years for play it cause we made that choice since money doesn't grow on trees and, for my case at least, I can't buy whatever I want, I need to invest that money for the future, and I know that with PS4 I'm going to have certain games from certain developers and it's the same with Xbox One, but the major MS exclusives never appealed to me.

So... stop bashing people that don't want to buy a console to play one exclusive game since they already have a PS4/PC/Switch to play their favorite games, jeez... those fanboy arguments are so lame.

He's joking m8. GHG and I are being stalked on this forum by some lunatic who's throwing this kind of nonsense to us, EACH time we complain about Microsofts PC gaming efforts.

So don't take this serious, we both own a PC and several consoles.

Last edited:

khamakazee

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
He's joking m8. GHG and I are being stalked on this forum by some lunatic who's throwing this kind of nonsense to us, EACH time we complain about Microsofts PC gaming efforts.

So don't take this serious, we both own a PC and several consoles.

You put me on ignore but want to keep talking about me? The only question I had was why do you have the same comments every day? What, each new user to this site needs to hear your same old story? I find it beyond rational to have the same complaint day after day. You say you own a pc and several consoles so why do you spend 90%if your time on this site talking about a store you refuse to use?

Complaining about the store and wanting it to be improved is one thing. Doing it every fucking day and wanting others to join you in your quest to boycott the store is trolling just for attention. That's the agenda here, you don't want anyone to use it which is why you talk about it every day. I'm sorry Microsoft is making your life so difficult that you can't talk about anything else.

Last edited:

New Fang

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The saga of this game coming to PC has been so strange from day one.

Does anyone remember right around the game's launch in 2014, it was listed somewhere as coming to PC? They quickly made a correction and said it wasn't true.

Now we've got all these new leaks years later right before XO, and still no announcement.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
tenor.gif

ussjtrunks

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so confused maybe Sunset Overdrive will just drop on steam in the next few days with no announcement

Talus

Banned
Dec 9, 2017
Maybe Insomniac got permission from MS to release a PC version for Steam and maybe the game wont be X enhanced.. so they didn't bother showing it? lol

Who knows? It's coming anyway... so whatever.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
Can't even explain how disappointed i am rn.

My only guess is that MS doesn't have anything to do with this game and IP anymore and that Insomniac will maybe release it later this or next year. Or it's just not happening at all, idk. really.

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
Can't expect a Steam release to get announced at the Xbox Gamepass show. TGA wouldn't be surprising.

Ge0force

Self-requested ban.
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Belgium
I guess SO will be announced when game pass comes to PC. Guess they need more games in the WinStore first.

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm as disappointed as everyone else, this would've been the perfect bone for MS to throw at PC at this X018 event. When will they start to acknowledge more the PC as a gaming platform?

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
If Sunset Overdrive on PC is happening it will just be announced on social media and then released.

Guys don't expect big announcement for this on awards show or something like that. You will just be disappointed... again.

Rn. i am like... whatever. If it happens, it happens. This is the 3rd time i am getting disappointed about SO PC this year and i am partly blaming myself for that.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
I mean. Maybe it isn't coming.

Legaia 2 was rated from the USK (they actually play through these games to rate them) for PS2 on PS4 around 2 years ago. It never came.
I'm still pissed about it.

But a steam entry is more than a rating so it probably will. :D

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
My guess is they'll stealth launch the sequel at the TGA's along with an announcement of the PC port and the first being X-enhanced. Then, they'll reveal that this, Spider-Man, Ratchet & Clank, and Resistance are all in the same universe.

New Fang

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
this is how I feel

I'm not going to even pretend to know Insomniac's financials, but opting for developing a Sunset Overdrive 2 instead of a Spiderman 2 doesn't seem like the most sound business decision.
Not saying I think SO2 is likely, but they're a big enough studio to handle more than one game. In fact, they shipped multiple games while making Spider-Man....

Status
Not open for further replies.