• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
There have been a lot of great (and not so great) couples in gaming throughout the years Link and Zelda, Nathan and Elena, Pharmercy, Geralt and Triss, Doomguy x Supershotgun, Leon and Ada (and Claire and Ashley and Ada again).

For me, it can only be these two wonderful girls, Max and Chloe. Shocking, I know. Bae > Bay everytime.

Life-is-Strange-Header.jpg

But who's the best couple, who's your favourite couple?

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
23CBD651B4FF8BA4900D6B2F329412C7BC8304CE

John and Abigail.

Their relationship isn't without issues and they aren't exactly the most sophisticated people, but all that just makes it feel so much more genuine. Amazing chemistry.

Brotherhood93

Oct 28, 2017
It's Nate and Elena, no question.

tumblr_oj6nwtAg001vq6ndbo1_500.gifv

Their relationship in all the games is great but Uncharted 4 is just perfection, culminating in that pirate dinner scene. Emily Rose was robbed of best performance at the game awards that year.

Special shoutout to Chloe Price and Rachel Amber though. Max is the smart choice for Chloe but the chemistry between Chloe and Rachel in Before the Storm can't be beat. I will never not talk about how amazing The Tempest scene is in that game.

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
55XRHAr.jpg

Kiryu and Kaoru from Yakuza 2

bdI1BYP.jpg

The Prince and Farah from Prince of Persia: Sands of Time

fxXg7eC.png

Welkin and Alicia from Valkyria Chronicles

PVlfcDE.jpg

Nino and Jaffar from Fire Emblem

Kurtikeya

One Winged Slayer
Dec 2, 2017
florence.0.jpg

Florence. The closest thing games have to a pure distillation of falling in love.

Yes I know they don't last but that feeling of falling in love in this game is unmatched by any other.

Nazgûl

Banned
Dec 16, 2019
Nate and Elena. And holly hell those pics and gifs. Game looks amazing after 4 years.
Geralt and Yenn it's a good one too (sorry Triss fanboys )

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
Here's something different; -- I like Crash X Pasadena, I'll admit! Crash is completely clueless and has his head always empty, but for some reason, you get Pasadena flirting with him as the world gonna end tomorrow; so I find the connotations just funny :p

And while the Crash fandom will always bicker about which is the best pairing for Crash (Tawna or Pasadena, pictured below).. I prefer the dynamic that make it fun scenarios;

105utfmplax31.jpg

art by Magaska19

also, Tawna left Crash for Pinstripe, just accept it :p

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
Felix and Annette from Fire Emblem Three Houses. She is the only person who can make Felix happy. Oh yeah, also Dimitri and Marianne, and Lysithea with Cyril. The latter makes me so bappy!

Nov 8, 2017
Anya and William Joseph Blazkowicz, from Wolfenstein: The New Order.

blazkoanya9vjoi.gif

Wholesome Nazi killing romance with great performances.

Runner up:

Doomguy and Doomguy, from Doom (2016).

doomguyglkse.gif

Don't think I need to say anything more.

Don't have a gif on hand but I do enjoy the (brief) time that the main character and his partner from The Darkness have. They did a really good job at the start there.

Deleted member 47654

user requested account closure
Banned
Sep 10, 2018
ill ship war mass effect all day, tali is second rate at best, but she's more like the friend/i love you like a sister quarian, liara is the one you settle down with
No, i mean, i can get your point (same Is said about Garrus)
But thinking that you cant be in a relationship with someone who can also be a really good friend is just wrong.

And also you have to take into account the people who thought that Garrus and Tali were romances in ME1, tried their Best and then learned the truth, majority of that people (including me) see ME2 as the chance to finally get what they want, not just a way to enhance their friendship with them.
💪🤴🏽

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
Here's something different; -- I like Crash X Pasadena, I'll admit! Crash is completely clueless and has his head always empty, but for some reason, you get Pasadena flirting with him as the world gonna end tomorrow; so I find the connotations just funny :p

And while the Crash fandom will always bicker about which is the best pairing for Crash (Tawna or Pasadena, pictured below).. I prefer the dynamic that make it fun scenarios;

105utfmplax31.jpg

art by Magaska19

also, Tawna left Crash for Pinstripe, just accept it :p

55699.jpg

Oct 29, 2017
It's Nate and Elena, no question.

tumblr_oj6nwtAg001vq6ndbo1_500.gifv

Their relationship in all the games is great but Uncharted 4 is just perfection, culminating in that pirate dinner scene. Emily Rose was robbed of best performance at the game awards that year.

Special shoutout to Chloe Price and Rachel Amber though. Max is the smart choice for Chloe but the chemistry between Chloe and Rachel in Before the Storm can't be beat. I will never not talk about how amazing The Tempest scene is in that game.

Great post, these are my two picks also.

Oct 27, 2017
Don't have a gif on hand but I do enjoy the (brief) time that the main character and his partner from The Darkness have. They did a really good job at the start there.

Jackie and Jenny. Yeah, that was extremely well done, especially considering how old it is now. The fact that you could just sit on the couch and watch an entire movie together really helped it feel genuine, but just all of their interactions in general, and what happens to her and makes the whole thing so heart wrenching. I thought it was actually carried on well in the sequel also.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No, i mean, i can get your point (same Is said about Garrus)
But thinking that you cant be in a relationship with someone who can also be a really good friend is just wrong.

And also you have to take into account the people who thought that Garrus and Tali were romances in ME1, tried their Best and then learned the truth, majority of that people (including me) see ME2 as the chance to finally get what they want, not just a way to enhance their friendship with them.
💪🤴🏽

i totally get that, the series was a little inconsistent with romances. Like in 3, your romance options from 2, if it was with a character that was in the 2nd game but not the first, like miranda, jacob, or samara, basically get the short end of the stick, while liara, garrus, and tali get much better romantic arcs and scenes. Probably related to the short dev time that bioware had to make 3.