• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
edit: lol to everyone making fun of my post, its pretty funny but jokes aside im not mad, i just want to know what the actual argument is, I think consoles looking like pcs is a good thing yet people say it like its bad, just ranting of course but still

To everyone saying consoles these days are just pcs or everyone saying the new xbox is literally just a pc or why do consoles even exist because we already have pcs.

Get over yourselves, first off we know through the steam hardware surveys and hardware sales repirts that most pc gamers aren't using $2000 2080ti machines, we know you cant build a pc for $399 that matches the Ps4 pro and especially the xbox one X we know for damn sure you cant build one even at $1000 right now that will even match the Xbox Series X.

Its just a pc or looks like a pc... yea so the hell what, whats the argument. Everyone in the pc space wishes they had a pc like that. I own a pc, i build pcs on a nearly yearly basis but i know for damn sure i wish i had a pc that was like the consoles in size and power and price.

Your pc isnt like the Xbox Series X, it wasn't $400 to $600 for 12tf, 16gb of ram, 8 cores 16 threads, a single fan in a 12 x 6 form factor, with a 1tb nvme sdd.

You probably have a large loud tower woth too much rgb that cost under a grand and plays at 1080p. And you know what it's probably awesome. Hell im gonna play some Civ 5 tonight and probably Star Citizen this weekend on my pc.

You can enjoy whatever you enjoy play whatever games you want but lets stop pretending just to put other people and what they enjoy down.

Last edited:

Rizific

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, show me where the pc hurt you. If you wish your pc was similar form factor and you build pcs "yearly", surely you know about the mitx form factor and the cases?

LCGeek

Oct 28, 2017
I built various 800$ pc this gen and it's better than any pro.

All I5 or I7 at 4.3GHZ or more and they run mostly on 970/1060s with 24-32GB of ram.

Regular consumers don't enjoy console maker prices for buying parts, why is this even an arugment.

Ignore the dumb haters. Consoles and PCs have never been more alike.

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You probably have a large loud tower woth too much rgb

giphy.gif

U jelly, OP?

Deleted member 2102

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You're assuming these are arguments instead of observations. People are speaking to whether or not this system suits them, not running some counter-marketing operation.

Pasha

Banned
Jan 27, 2018
Don't worry OP, once the PS5 comes out and it turn out to be a similarly large, hulking box all this "concern" will disappear as though it never existed.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
. Everyone in the pc space wishes they had a pc like that. I own a pc, i build pcs on a nearly yearly basis but i know for damn sure i wish i had a pc that was like the consoles in size and power and price.

Lmao, no. I don't wish that. I have enough space and I'll gladly take my fractal normal ATX case that's practically whisper quiet even under load despite having high end parts inside of it. Meanwhile my ps4 pro sounds like a vacuum cleaner.

Also, ITX cases/motherboards exist if you really want to build small form factor PCs...

OP
OP
defaltoption

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Lmao, no. I don't wish that. I have enough space and I'll gladly take my fractal normal ATX case that's practically whisper quiet even under load despite having high end parts inside of it. Meanwhile my ps4 pro sounds like a vacuum cleaner.

Also, ITX cases/motherboards exist if you really want to build small form factor PCs...
True not everyone wants it but there has been a huge popularity bump for itx form factor machines the last couple years, i have a meshify c myself i love but i do want to go smaller in the future

sleepnaught

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, we don't what the price and performance will be on the Xbox, not to mention, it's still a full year away. Also, there are plenty of itx cases smaller than the Series X. It's actually a huge looking console. I think it looks really nice, though.

Thatguy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle WA
Good points OP except one thing; form factor. SX has a desktop tower form factor and simply won't fit in most cabinets. People buy consoles for the form factor. They don't want a black box on top of their cabinet. If they're willing to put that black box on their cabinet, why not put a desktop tower there instead? The reasons you mentioned (price for power) are a factor for some, but not everyone. Some can afford a high end PC. And a mid range PC can probably play most SX games in 1080. And we don't know SX price yet.

OP
OP
defaltoption

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
You're assuming these are arguments instead of observations. People are speaking to whether or not this system suits them, not running some counter-marketing operation.
What really led me to the crazy rant was seeing a youtuber say why the hell would i buy this its just a fuckin pc, im like dude there is no pc with that price to performance to size, then that thread the other day from the guy saying consoles are useless these says because theyre just pcs, im just like yea its a pc so what

piratethingy

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I love my computer, and can't wait for the Series X, next gen is going to be so dope

SweetBellic

Oct 28, 2017
Fwiw OP I also resent the whole "why do consoles even exist because we already have pcs" attitude, though largely because console warriors typically use this attitude to stan for console exclusivity, as if PC versions of their cherished exclusives would somehow destroy the market for dedicated gaming consoles (they wouldn't). Your post shows why consoles can still have mass market appeal and offer a strong value proposition for many players even if they are remarkably similar to PCs.

That said, I'm skeptical the Xbox Series X will run as cooly or quietly as my tower. Love the design though and would even consider getting one for the living room if I could run Steam on it.

OP
OP
defaltoption

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Fwiw OP I also resent the whole "why do consoles even exist because we already have pcs" attitude, though largely because console warriors typically use this attitude to stan for console exclusivity, as if PC versions of their cherished exclusives would somehow destroy the market for dedicated gaming consoles (they wouldn't). Your post shows why consoles can still have mass market appeal and offer a strong value proposition for many players even if they are remarkably similar to PCs.

That said, I'm skeptical the Xbox Series X will run as cooly or quietly as my tower. Love the design though and would even consider getting one for the living room if I could run Steam on it.
Yea i hate when the console defenders do that too, like people are so focused on the hardware they play on they forget we all just want to play good games and every platform has good games and gets more all the time. I think consoles looking like pcs is a good thing if it means more power more quiet yet still good looking.

Status
Not open for further replies.