• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DMC5 or Sekiro?

• DMC5

Votes: 345 17.5%
  • Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

Votes: 716 36.4%
  • Both!

Votes: 752 38.2%
  • Yoshi's Crafted World

Votes: 155 7.9%

• Total voters

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'm getting Yoshi and Sekiro but am way more excited for Yoshi so I voted for that. I may get DmC down the line when it's marked down.

Nightfall

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Sekiro. Even if I'll probably get frustrated after a week. It just looks too compelling.

The demo turned me off DMC5. I'll probably get it somewhere down the line when it's cheaper.

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Sekiro for sure and Yoshi once it drops in price - assuming it's not a trainwreck like some of the early hearsay claimed.

Shotterke

Prophet of Regret
Oct 31, 2017
Belgium
Sekiro for myself and Yoshi for playing co-op with my girlfriend.
Yoshi's Woolly World was the first game we played together and we loved it so we are hyped for this one.
Sekiro because I love Dark Souls/Bloodborne.

nachum00

Oct 26, 2017
Sekiro

I've only played through DMC 1 and 2, and I'm just not a huge fan. Tried the demo too and it didn't grab me.

May 10, 2018
DMC5 already preordered,

Don't know about Sekiro. Haven't played any of the Souls games and I didn't try out Bloodborne until it was free on PS+ and I still haven't done anything pass the 1st boss.

I'll watch some streams and check out some reviews and might pick it up when it's about $20 or cheaper.

Majukun

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i'll wait for reviews for both,but if i'm getting anything this month,it will probably be dmc5..i bitched too myuch about DmC from ninja theory to not vote with my wallet for a new proper chapter of the series...

even if the whole microtransaction thingy is making the pill really bitter to swallow

Plum

May 31, 2018
The poll should have a 'neither' option.

Sekiro is something that I'll get later down the line as I feel that From Software's 'hard-as-nails' gameplay just isn't for me right now. I'd much rather play it when I have enough time to dedicate to something that could potentially frustrate me quite a bit, and when I have a PC that can run it at 60fps.

I played through the DMC5 demo three times and not once did I ever feel like I had full 'control' over things; despite features such as auto-combo and the moveo list the game just doesn't seem to be all that interested in making itself friendly to newcomers like myself. I simply didn't like how it felt compared to other games of the type that I've played such as Bayonetta 1/2 and MGR: Revengeance and, for a game that relies so heavily on feel, that's not good. That and, I know it's petty, but the elitist "lol casuals and game jurnalists!!!" stuff I've been seeing on Twitter from DMC fans has gone a good way to putting me off the game. I also haven't played any of the other DMC games yet so I'd much rather just play those.

bcatwilly

Oct 27, 2017
I am getting both. I have had the Sekiro Collector's edition pre-ordered for my Xbox One X for a very long time :) I had never played the Devil May Cry series and really liked the demo that I played of it. I have been playing DmC Devil May Cry: Definitive Edition on Xbox Game Pass, and holy crap that combat is insanely amazing to me (as in best action combat ever for me)! Honestly that DmC combat felt even better to me in some ways than the Devil May Cry 5 demo combat even though I liked it, so I hope that isn't going to ruin my experience of it some.

Azurik

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
The poll should have a 'neither' option.

Sekiro is something that I'll get later down the line as I feel that From Software's 'hard-as-nails' gameplay just isn't for me right now. I'd much rather play it when I have enough time to dedicate to something that could potentially frustrate me quite a bit, and when I have a PC that can run it at 60fps.

I played through the DMC5 demo three times and not once did I ever feel like I had full 'control' over things; the game just doesn't seem to be all that interested in making itself friendly to newcomers like myself. I just didn't like how it felt compared to other games of the type that I've played such as Bayonetta 1/2 and MGR: Revengeance. That and, I know it's petty, but the stuff I've been seeing on Twitter from DMC fans has gone a good way to putting me off the game. I also haven't played any of the other DMC games yet so I'd much rather just play those.

There is no "neither" option because people posting here WiLL buy one, the other or both. Thanks for your opinion though

MazeHaze

Nov 1, 2017
I've been waiting for DMC for so long. Now I just need to decide PS4 or PC. Aghhh, it's such a tough call.

Jinaar

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton AB
Sekiro. I have let myself ignore it completely, so I have no hype or want for it, but when it comes out this month, day one purchase for me and Sekiro will wash over me like a torrent of rain.

Oct 29, 2017
UK
Devil May Cry 5. It will be the action game I play the most until Bayonetta 3 comes along.

I'm interested in Sekiro but it not being a Souls game has made me lose interest because of replayability and such.

Yinyangfooey

Oct 27, 2017
I was going to cancel the DMC5 Collector's Edition preorder hoping to get it down the line cheaper, but I saw that it was completely sold out on Amazon this morning so I decided to keep it. I'm also getting Sekiro too

Cyborg

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I think both but it all depends of the reviews. DMC has dissapointed me the last time I bought it before reading any reviews.
Sekiro is all new, I want to support From Software but I have my doubts about this one.

If they do well I will be getting both

S1kkZ

Oct 27, 2017
dmc 5, simply because i dont have to worry about performance. with sekiro, we dont even know if the game will run with solid 30 fps on consoles.
if the sekiro previews (coming this week, i think?) include positive console impressions, i might get both day one.

XxLeonV

Nov 8, 2017
Both for sure. Division 2 is also on my list but I honestly may wait on it. The beta hasn't wowed me.

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
DoA 6, Fate/Extella Link, Caligula Effect, and LEFT ALIVE.

Pre-ordered Sekiro on Steam and have no plans to refund it, but recently learned there was no character creation/customization which instantly deflated my hype. That thing can sit in the backlog.

DMC5 requires investment in 4 previous titles. I haven't played them yet. It too can wait.

Grahf

Oct 27, 2017
I'll get both eventually but Sekiro is just day-one-no-brainer, while I'll pick DMC on sales, maybe not even this year.

DMC will be a nice 8 hours something action game with a hint of replayability, edgy characters and anecdotic plot, while Sekiro is GotG material.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
Sekiro because devil may cry is so silly, corny and dumb a demon hunter with a robot arm? an old dude with a demon hat and bike,? ridiculous its like kingdom hearts for middleschoolers

Deleted member 4072

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
DMC felt more of the same, and I like souls gameplay better so I'll go with Sekiro once it doesn't magically go Epic store exclusive.

erlim

Oct 26, 2017
London
Probably pick up Yoshi day one and wait for DMC5 in a humble bundle or steam sale. Loved DMC3 (one of my all time favorites) and actually dMc.

lapsu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 31, 2017
Going to buy Sekiro after I'm done with Dark Souls 2, Dark Souls III and Bloodborne... so late this year? Should be on a nice sale by then! ^_^

Mr. Nice_Guy

Oct 27, 2017
If I didn't just start a new full time job on top of my masters I would get both. So all my free time is going into DMC5. I still can't believe it's finally happening, and that final trailer that I wasn't needed going to watch and then did 5 minutes later really did "exceed all my expectations" you're a madman Itsuno.

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2017
I'm a little sad that there isn't as much interest in DMC5. It's good that a lot of people want both, but it genuinely looks amazing and I hope more people pick it up because it's done a great job in marketing, in my opinion. It just needs to connect to that audience.

Ducarmel

Oct 25, 2017
Sekiro

But I'm concerned about the gameplay, it looks easy but it may have been just the demo gameplay I've seen toned down the difficulty.