• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DMC5 or Sekiro?

• DMC5

Votes: 345 17.5%
  • Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

Votes: 716 36.4%
  • Both!

Votes: 752 38.2%
  • Yoshi's Crafted World

Votes: 155 7.9%

• Total voters

Eros

Oct 27, 2017
Neither, unfortunately. I'll be playing Div2. My spending this year has been crazy, so I need to pick one and stick with it for a while.

When I finally get one, it'll be DMCV first.

Dantendo

Oct 27, 2017
South Australia
The Division 2 and Yoshis Crafted World.

Mildly enjoyed the first DMC back in the day and not a fan of the combat in From software games so neither of those are on my radar at all.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'll cop DMC5 eventually... day one if it's 85 or above.

Sekiro is day one for sure

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely both because they're both for cool people! Anyone who says otherwise is a nerd!

Strat

Apr 8, 2018
One Piece World Seeker. Maybe Sekiro, never DMC. The only way I buy Yoshi is if I'm having trouble sleeping.

semiconscious

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
DMC5 just feels too corny and dated.......and I strongly suspect it will be marked down to $40 regularly within a couple months.

Sekiro I am concerned about. never played Dark Souls or Bloodborne much, so I'm worried it will require familiarity with those games. I might give it a spin if the PC port is confirmed to be good.

sacrilege! tho i agree, & will wait, as well. sekiro? day 1 :) ...

Ethifury

Dec 4, 2017
Sekiro first since I'll be coming off Bloodborne. I need to finish the DMC HD Collection first before I play DMC V.

Bardoon

May 27, 2018
England
Sekiro for sure. I've tried to avoid as much media around it as possible, so I'm looking forward to jumping in.

solari

Oct 25, 2017
AZ, USA
If I had to choose; DMC5. But I'll be picking up both. Love FromSoft, but I'm way more hype for DMC5 since DMC is one of my favorite franchises of all time.

direct_quote

Oct 25, 2017
DMCV over Sekiro. It sucks too because Sekiro looked really interesting to me, but the fact that DMCV a game I've waited 10 years for comes out before it, I probably won't be touching any other action game for months (or even a year). I played both DMC3 and DMC4 on repeat for years... Now if Sekiro came out first, then I would have bought it day 1, but now probably in 3-6 months.

ckareset

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Feb 2, 2018
Whichever is dirt cheap come black Friday time

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Was gonna get both as they released, but my TV broke so I'm gonna have to get a new one and I'll probably do that in June since there'll be good deals and I want to get a nice TV, sucks having to wait but I can deal with that.

Cup O' Tea?

Nov 2, 2017
Sekiro. Im even taking a couple days off work to play it. I might pick up DMC5 on sale later but its not high on my list of priorities.

DvdGzz

Banned
Mar 21, 2018
Sekiro only. I love Capcom and combat games but for some reason I never got into DMC and the demo was no different. A new From Soft world? Insta-buy.

Kawngi

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
Division 2 and DMC5 for sure. Unsure on Sekiro, as those kinds of games usually aren't for me.

Domcorleone

Oct 26, 2017
Both but Sekiro is the game I truly excited for, haven't been into a DmC game since the 3rd and I've played all of them

Aftervirtue

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Haven't touched a DMC game since what feels like a lifetime ago, when I played DMC4 for the 360. Feels good to be hyped about what felt like a dead franchise.

And Shadows die twice, what needs to be said? Been hyped since that Gameshow award trailer, when we all were hoping it would be BB2.

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
im gonna play sekiro

then I'm gonna play it again

then I'm gonna take a break and play apex legends

then more sekiro

Buggy Loop

Oct 27, 2017
Sekiro for me, it looks to be GOTY material. DMC5's many playable characters kind of annoys me. Why not just Dante and a pure sequel to DMC3, the goat in the genre? I will get DMC5, but later.

LTWheels

Nov 8, 2017
Dmc now, Sekiro later. Mainly as the uk retail price for dmc is cheaper. Wait for Sekiro to come down in price below £45.