• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DMC5 or Sekiro?

• DMC5

Votes: 345 17.5%
  • Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

Votes: 716 36.4%
  • Both!

Votes: 752 38.2%
  • Yoshi's Crafted World

Votes: 155 7.9%

• Total voters

Rndom Grenadez

Prophet of Truth
Dec 7, 2017
Sekiro and DMC 5 will be $20 games by November so I'm grabbing those then. My only March pickups are Yoshi and a couple of indies I missed out on like Bastion and Transistor.

Khezu

Oct 25, 2017
I'm boycotting DMC5 because it's not Dragons Dogma 2.
I'm boycotting Sekiro because it's not BloodBorne 2.

Probably get Sekiro first as I like that style of combat more.
Not sure if I want to play Nioh first or not though, hmm.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I might give Sekiro a shot during the summer, but I'm not sure. Not a Souls fan, and Bloodborne bored me to tears for the 4 hours I played it. Don't wanna get burned again.

If I don't get DMC5 this week, something's gone horribly wrong lol

Playsage

Oct 25, 2017
DEVIL MAY CRY FIVE.

Still not sold on Sekiro's combat, will probably get it later on based on feedback.

HussiZooT

Beware the Monkey's Paw
Nov 16, 2017
Sekiro looks so good, but I suck at Souls games.

I failed miserably at Dark Souls 3, uninstalled after playing 3 hours.
I failed horribly at Bloodborne, uninstalled it after playing 5 hours.

I really don't think I can add Sekiro to that list of failing miserably and then uninstalling after 7 hours.

DMCV on the other hand, I am SO getting. Love me some DMC.

TheZodiacAge

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
DMC5 on PC and if there are Online Leaderboards again on the PS4 to actually compete.
Sekiro like 2-3 weeks after Release because Division 2 and DMC5 both will take a lot of time away already.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
I never cared for the DMC series so Sekiro for me.

Seijuro

Oct 25, 2017
Division 2 in March, but DmC and Sekiro in a few months when they are cheap. Not in a rush with buying single player games.

Salty Rice

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pancake City
Sekiro is like the first From Soft game i feel no hype at all. Maybe im getting it later but not at launch.

But we have the Game Of The Generation Devil May Cry 5 around the corner and im getting it without a doubt.

Deltadan

Oct 25, 2017
DMC 5

I've never really cared for Soulsbourne games. They've never really hooked me like DMC.

Might pick up Sekiro later though.

JJD

Oct 25, 2017
Already pre ordered Sekiro. I'm trying to resist DMC5 since I really didn't feel the demo...but honestly I have played every DMC game on release day (with the exception of the Ninja Theory one, still haven't touched that one) and it's getting hard to resist...I love Dante...

Deleted member 9857

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
originally I wasn't going to get either (or Yoshi for that matter) but the DMC 5 demo has me really tempted to pick it up instead of waiting for a sale

I'm still unsure on Sekiro because I'm not a fan of the Souls games and it seems too close to that style for my tastes

Baalzebup

Oct 25, 2017
This is an easy "both" scenario for me. The time between releases is easily enough to clear DMC on at least two difficulties, maybe leaving DMD for later if I can't clear that before Sekiro hits.

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017
I can only afford one, and I won't even be getting it on release. But I'm getting Sekiro for sure. Big fan of FromSoft games, and I've never really gotten into DMC.

Deleted member 15948

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm sure Sekiro will be a fantastic game to play technically, but I'm not excited for it. Getting DMC to start, and when I've finished with it, maybe Sekiro will be on sale... or I'll have seen/heard something to make it a priority.

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
All three actually. Most excited for Yoshi. I've never been that into DMC, but I'm gonna give this one a shot. Sekiro is probably gonna be the best this month, but I'm not into the setting, so we'll see.

Deleted member 29354

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I just picked up the DMC HD trilogy for Xbox One this weekend. Do I need to play DMC4 before grabbing DMC5 this month? I feel like I can speed through 1+2 before March 8th.