• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DMC5 or Sekiro?

• DMC5

Votes: 345 17.5%
  • Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

Votes: 716 36.4%
  • Both!

Votes: 752 38.2%
  • Yoshi's Crafted World

Votes: 155 7.9%

• Total voters

Azurik

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Gotta be both!

From Software game - nuff said

A new Devil may cry - what else is there to say

Deleted member 32561

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 11, 2017
I'll wait to see if DMC gets Lady or Trish DLC, otherwise I'm good with 4 while watching my friends do craZZZy combos I couldn't even dream of pulling off. I'm all in on Sekiro though.

Tpallidum

Oct 28, 2017
DMC5 for sure but I just started playing DS3 as my first souls game and I'm actually kind of digging it. I now want to play bloodborne too and have a new found interest in Sekiro. So it looks like I'll be getting that at some point too.

Zetta

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I got a preorder on both. Got the Premium version for DMCV and the collectors for Sekiro.

KiLAM

Jan 25, 2018
Yeah the Ninja Souls one..
But then I was never into button mashing combat. DMC5 looks rad though so I will definitely give it a shot at some point.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
DMC5 just feels too corny and dated.......and I strongly suspect it will be marked down to $40 regularly within a couple months.

Sekiro I am concerned about. never played Dark Souls or Bloodborne much, so I'm worried it will require familiarity with those games. I might give it a spin if the PC port is confirmed to be good.

Malek

Feb 15, 2018
I'm sure DMC5 will do just fine but it won't light the charts on fire that's for sure, it feels like the same 10+ years old game but with a fresh coat of paint over it, the demo bored me to death so I'll probably just skip it

Deleted member 3862

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I played the demo for DMC 5. I like the dedicated dodge button in the Souls games more than what DMC 5 uses. Just didn't feel good to me, so I'll pass on the latter, or play it if it comes to PS+. I can't see myself missing a Miyazaki game though.

DanteLinkX

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The superior goty 2019 the magnum opus, the end all game of the generation, 4k/60fps, balls to the walls action, you know what it is, DMC5.

Malek

Feb 15, 2018
User Banned (3 Days): Inappropriate Language; Accumulated Infractions
Who cares about sales in this threads

If you don't care why are you here in the first place? I really don't understand some people lol

I really don't understand why you''re replying to my post if you don't understand it?

I'm simply answering to op and sharing my opinion like everyone on here, sorry if my post triggered you in anyways

Mar 29, 2018
DMC5 just feels too corny and dated.......and I strongly suspect it will be marked down to $40 regularly within a couple months.

It looks very stylish and intense - I say that as someone who isn't a big fan of the series.

Sekiro I am concerned about. never played Dark Souls or Bloodborne much, so I'm worried it will require familiarity with those games. I might give it a spin if the PC port is confirmed to be good.
I played Sekiro at Gamescom last year and can confirm you don't need to worry. There's little overlap. There are a ton of systems and mechanics in Sekiro that are completely new to From's game and not in any Soulsborne title.

For instance, Tenchu-like stealth (Soulsborne just have attack from behind, no bush-hiding, camo or stealth kill mechanics) and Batman-style grapple-hook movement (you can swing from/too tens of parts of levels to get around, leading to tons of verticality - whereas in Soulsborne you're firmly planted on the ground). It even has a proper jump button. Systemically you have two "lives", one of which "recharges" - unlike Souls where you have infinite lives but lose all your "money" if you die twice in quick succession.

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018
I really don't understand why you''re replying to my post if you don't understand it?

I'm simply answering to op and giving my opinion like everyone on here, sorry if I triggered you in anyways

The thread is about DMC V and Sekiro, if you are not interested in the first place there's nothing to answer. The OP didnt ask if you like DMC or not or what do you think about the sales. English is too hard apparently

Try again.

Last edited:

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Sekiro may be similar to those games in that it requires patience and trying to blindly hack your way through enemies will get you killed quickly, but there have been a lot of big changes to the formula for Sekiro, such as the addition of a jump button, the lack of a stamina meter, and a grapple feature which will really change the way the player navigates the environment. But perhaps the biggest change of all.... a pause button!

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
Sekiro. I adore how soulsborne games feel and play. Ive never enjoyed how dmc games play but i can see the appeal.

May grab yoshis wooly world too if im feeling down

rude

Oct 25, 2017
It's obvious DMC is really intimidating to a lot of gamers, which is why people in here are calling it a button masher despite it being basically as technical as Street Fighter combat-wise.

Sekiro and all of From's combat is pretty basic and much more appealing to the masses, despite the enemy difficulty.

I'm getting both though.

Kodama4

Oct 25, 2017
I'm in for Sekiro and Anno

The funny thing is I have no time for either...but I'll buy them regardless

ABK281

Apr 5, 2018
Both but I'm more hyped for Sekiro. DMC5 plays too much like DMC4, I much prefer 3 and never played 4 much.

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
DMC!!

And I already have it! Came with my new AMD card. I think I was more in the mood for DMC anyhow.

xch1n

Oct 27, 2017
Looked at the title and was sad, clicked through and threw my dino Yoshi some love. The art style is even more charming than Epic Yarn. Tearaway vibes and all got me super hyped.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
Both. Will be done with DMCV by the time Sekiro launches.