• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno
Unfortunately for big towns or cities, rent is getting really screwy. I use to live in Newmarket and I've heard it's getting rough out there. Currently reside in a two bedroom for 1000 inclusive in Peterborough, so I'd say me and my wife got real lucky.

I live in Minneapolis and its getting bad here too. A two bedroom is about 1100 and up.

My fiancee and I are paying 1309 for ours, and were on the verge of being priced out of it.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well yea? It's the downtown core... Get something further and you'll be fine. At minimum wage I wouldn't expect to afford something in the downtown core.

At minimum wage I'd expect at least a 1 hour commute into work.
Speaking for London, more like 3 hours, and we have great public transport here. Pretty much any less than 2 hour commute area has high prices because it it less than 2 hours commute.

Hogendaz85

Dec 6, 2017
I can barely do it on my income living near Ann Arbor I had to recently get a second job and I make more than minimum. It's been a very financially depressing summer