• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I know most people prefer the theatrical edition, which is admittedly a bit tighter from a pacing perspective. But I really love the T2 special edition and the scenes it adds. With my old DVD copy, it's now the version of T2 I've seen most times by far.

And man alive, is it hard to find. iTunes doesn't have it, Amazon doesn't have it, Netflix doesn't have it, the currently available blu-ray doesn't have it.

Why is this so hard to find?. Am I the only one who prefers this cut of the movie?

aceface

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty sure I bought the special edition digitally on amazon 2 weeks ago for like $6. That's the one where the guy from Terminator 1 visits Sarah Connor in a dream and tells her she has to fight right?

Oct 27, 2017
Man, I have that DVD since 2003. The "extreme edition" is called, has a nice metal case with an endoskeleton in it and ton of extra material. That version is tite, man, I tell ya.

lobdale

Oct 25, 2017
Ya know actually it seems like the full version is on all the currently available Blu-rays...

The anthology shows this in the description:

All 3 version of T2 in 1080p THX - Theatrical, Extended and Special Editions

The Skynet Edition Blu which definitely does have it is available used for $5 bucks or so anyway.

Last edited:

Deleted member 3542

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I still haven't quite found the perfect cut of the movie for me. Theatrical is always a good fallback and what I grew up with, but there's some added scenes in other cuts I like and some I don't. Like I like the Dyson stuff with his family and the switching the Terminator's chip mode and John talking about growing up when they're in the desert, but can do without some others like learning to smile or T1000 killing a doggo.

OP
OP
CloseTalker

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, Amazon Canada does have used copies of the Skynet Edition, maybe I'll pick one of those up. I hope in the future it's added to digital storefronts though.

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
Even extended doesn't have all the cut scenes.

And the black road is the only true ending for T2.

OP
OP
CloseTalker

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
omg it's so frustrating that it's on US iTunes haha

edit: I just double checked and T2 doesn't seem to be available in Canadian iTunes or Google Play stores in any form, theatrical or special editions. That's weird, I'm almost certain it used to be there

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
omg it's so frustrating that it's on US iTunes haha

edit: I just double checked and T2 doesn't seem to be available in Canadian iTunes or Google Play stores in any form, theatrical or special editions. That's weird, I'm almost certain it used to be there

Yeah, it's on pretty much every digital storefront in the US. Both regular and SE versions.

Maybe Canada just hates the movie. :)