• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PintSizedSlasher

The Wise Ones
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
A White House source has leaked President Trump's private schedules for nearly every working day since the midterms, showing that Trump has spent around 60% of the last three months in "Executive Time"

u6amuay.jpg

Axios article includes every page of the leaked schedule.

How it compares to past presidents

Fake news if old

Last edited by a moderator:

HeySeuss

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
What is the definition of executive time? I mean sure it can be his time to himself or it could be really anything

spookyduzt

Drive-In Mutant
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
He's spent a little over half as much time having lunch as he's spent in meetings. Jesus Christ.

Oct 25, 2017
canada
how does this compare to past presidents?

It seems like its literally his time off in which he will also occasionally work.

Wakes up before 6am, spends about 5 hours reading papers, watching TV, and making calls. Occasionally holds meetings during this time period as well.

I have nothing really to say about this without a detailed comparative analysis between his schedule and other presidents.

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017
There's been a fair amount of chatter about people concerned about his heart. The (increase?) in executive time - in addition to him being lazy - is likely to try and keep him propped up.

Oct 25, 2017

It seems like its literally his time off in which he will also occasionally work.

Wakes up before 6am, spends about 5 hours reading papers, watching TV, and making calls. Occasionally holds meetings during this time period as well.

I have nothing really to say about this without a detailed comparative analysis between his schedule and other presidents.

I guarantee Obama's schedule looked nothing like this. Otherwise we would of heard about it from our friends at Fox. No way would they pass up the chance to call our first black president lazy.

By the way, if he holds meeting that would count towards meeting time. Not executive time.

Marshall

Oct 27, 2017
I am 100% OK with this. I'd rather that bastard sit around watching ESPN for the next two years versus comin up with ways to fuck over the country, minorities the poor.

chalkitdown

Oct 26, 2017
I am 100% OK with this. I'd rather that bastard sit around watching ESPN for the next two years versus comin up with ways to fuck over the country, minorities the poor.

Problem is though, he's not watching ESPN. He's watching Fox News and enacting policy based off what the tv tells him. That's frightening.

OP
OP
PintSizedSlasher

PintSizedSlasher

The Wise Ones
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands

Added a link to the OP

Can we change the title so there's not a gendered slur in it?

Sorry. When it comes to Trump and his shenanigans I tend to use not so nice words

Deleted member 5359

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I guarantee Obama's schedule looked nothing like this. Otherwise we would of heard about it from our friends at Fox. No way would they pass up the chance to call our first black president lazy.

By the way, if he holds meeting that would count towards meeting time. Not executive time.

God. Fox News wouldn't STFU about the fact that Obama usually didn't arrive at the Oval Office until 9:30, whereas Bush Jr. supposedly started earlier. First of all, who cares? Second of all, is it even accurate reporting?

Username1198

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Space, Man
Imagine rolling into work, late around noon, watching tv all day, then leave early to eat Big Macs and watch news in bed.

😕

Round of applause for POTUS ladies and gents.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
He doesn't read either. I'm not talking about reading for intellectual breadth (lol for Trump), but reports and briefings.

Oct 25, 2017
canada

Says in the article he makes calls to heads of states or holds somewhat secretive meetings during executive time.

Not saying Obamas was similar, I just want to see comparisons in which there was none from what i saw.

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
tbh we should all be praying it goes up to like 90%

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
Of course he has had some much executive time. Look at all the shit he has accomplished in two years! Not much left to do.

Conservatives sometime from now.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
We all had a pretty big idea of how much time he wastes, but it's good to see it become official for everyone else to see. Just sucks they've named it "Executive Time" for very clear reasons.

Killthee

Oct 25, 2017
What is the definition of executive time? I mean sure it can be his time to himself or it could be really anything

It's his cable news time.

President Donald Trump had about three times as much free time planned for last Tuesday as work time, according to his private schedule. The president was slated for more than nine hours of "Executive Time," a euphemism for the unstructured time Trump spends tweeting, phoning friends and watching television. Official meetings, policy briefings and public appearances — typically the daily work of being president — consumed barely more than three hours of his day.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/10/29/trump-daily-schedule-executive-time-944996

Trickster

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think in the case of Trump, the lazier he is, and the less he does, the better. Imagine how much more damage he'd do if he worked as hard as Obama to implement his agenda

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Giving it a read through, it sounds to me like the big issue is that this "executive time" is unstructured, so there's really no guarantee that things will get done on time during executive time.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
I think in the case of Trump, the lazier he is, and the less he does, the better. Imagine how much more damage he'd do if he worked as hard as Obama to implement his agenda

I'm not sure that's strictly true. Trump has a tendency to put his foot in his mouth and derail things when he actually gets out and tries. The lazier he is the more shitty policy is pushed by people that know how to push it. At least more than him.

Fuchs

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait for his inevitable response on Twitter stating he's the most productive, hardworking human being on the planet.

Oct 27, 2017

he should study the work ethic (or lack thereof) of Calvin Coolidge : the "do-nothing" president who effectively left office with a federal debt and budget deficit that was smaller than when he entered office.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Like a couple of others have already said. It confirms what he already knew.

The worst part (if there is any left at this point) Is that his supporters, will say that he needs it, because he's planning important 5 dimensional chess strats

These are also the same people, that screamed bloody murder about Obama being "lazy"
Can we change the title so there's not a gendered slur in it?
UkFMAou.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.