• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What's the best pie?

• Apple

Votes: 112 44.4%
  • Pumpkin

Votes: 54 21.4%
  • Pee-can

Votes: 45 17.9%
  • Sweet Potato

Votes: 11 4.4%
  • Blueberry

Votes: 30 11.9%

• Total voters

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Prefer savoury. And don't give me no casserole with a pastry lid, pie has nice sodden pastry underneath and crispy on top.

Chicken and asparagus would be great right now.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
My favorite is Angel Strata pie, but I've actually never had any version if it other than home made.

Chocolate-Angel-Pie.jpg

Nov 9, 2017
Strawberry Rhubarb pie is the best of all time. My grandma used to make the best homemade pies.

Honorable Mention to Key Lime and Lemon Meringue

itwasTuesday

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Can't believe you guys are falling for this fake holiday. It's just an excuse for big math to sell you more math.

Oh and btw, it's key lime pie.

MC-MC

Dec 15, 2017
Pecan pie could be more of an US specialty, while apple pie is eaten more around the world. I for one have never even seen pecan pie I think, but I've seen and eaten plenty of apple pies.

That is a fair point; from what I've experienced pecan pie isn't well known in the UK (at least compared to apple pie). Every time I make it people are amazed though; it is my favourite sweet pie.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
If I had to pick a top 3 it'd probably go something like.

1. Key Lime (so long as it's made right, Key Lime's that're too sweet are terrible imo. Gotta be the right combo of sweet, tart and sour.)
2. Apple (especially w/ ice cream...mmmm....)
3. Boysenberry (basically impossible to fuck up)

Pumpkin and Pecan are strong runners up IMO.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
I think I might prefer salty pies over the sweet ones, but from the poll I'd pick blueberry. Though I've also never tasted most of the pie varietys included in the poll, only apple and blueberry. Strawberry pie is also quite good from the sweet ones, also eaten a lot of raspberry pie as a kid but not really a fan. Bit too sour for my taste, same goes for lingonberry.

leafcutter

Feb 14, 2018
Mince pie is my favorite, followed by pumpkin and apple. But a lot of popular fruit pies are too ridiculously sweet.

Deleted member 283

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
1. Sweet Potato
2. Pumpkin Pie
3. Cheesecake

Don't really care for most fruit-based pies these days. Which is kind of weird, because I love fruit like apples. But I don't really care that much for apple pie, for instance. I don't think it's terrible or anything though, I just don't really care for it one way or the other. Not sure why really, just don't.

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
It's peach pie without a goddamn doubt.

But.

Like eating fresh peaches, the window of opportunity for making a good peach pie is ridiculously short - you've got a couple of weeks in August. None of that clingstone or frozen nonsense.

The rest of the year it's either pumpkin pie or an apple berry blend pie. And I will never say no to a slice of strawberry rhubarb pie.

Kaiser Swayze

Oct 30, 2017
A bourbon-laced pecan pie is sublime.

French silk if I've got an itch for chocolate. Whipped topping balances it out wonderfully.

Dutch apple with a crumb topping if I'm looking for something fruity.