• Welcome to ResetEra 2.0! Guests should now be able to save their dark or light theme preferences, found on the left sidebar.

It's raining in LA..

norm9

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Unsure if it was the lighting or paranoia, but I looked at my ceiling before leaving for work and it looked more sunken in than usual. Hoping not to come home to a collapsed ceiling and angry downstairs neighbors tonight.

Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
pretty dry here, well at least in the 92121

and if you're driving in the rain...........turn on your damn headlights
It's raining in LA now and the rain is going to stop tomorrow, but it's gonna start up in SD, so I'm driving in the wrong direction!

I haven't seen any lightless drivers today.

Nov 13, 2017
On the radio, they were doing the traffic report. Some kind of problem on the freeway, and the reporter said it would basically extend your drive by 2 hours if you were stuck. Man sometimes I hate this place.

OP
OP
Henry Gale
you guys :( I had class this morning but I panicked while driving and went back home :( idk what to tell my professor
Unless it’s a final you should maybe try the truth. Teachers would be receptive to the idea that you felt unsafe and if there’s another session may let you sit in later or will send you the coursework.

A teacher wouldn’t want anyone to feel like they were in danger or to have that anxiety.

Oct 30, 2017
Woke up early this morning and saw on the news a couple of flood warnings were issued in my area but I didn't make much of it until I had to go out to my car only to realize the sidewalks were completely submerged and the water was starting to leak into my car.
The drive to work was not much better since I normally take Burbank blvd. (by the Sepulveda damn) and the whole section was really starting to flood, I was actually surprised they had not closed it yet.

Stay safe out there L.A. Era

Oct 31, 2017
Unless it’s a final you should maybe try the truth. Teachers would be receptive to the idea that you felt unsafe and if there’s another session may let you sit in later or will send you the coursework.

A teacher wouldn’t want anyone to feel like they were in danger or to have that anxiety.
Yeah it's not finals. It's not an important day at all it's basically just free time to work on our projects but attendance is annoyingly mandatory. I emailed him telling him I was scared lol, I really hope he didn't roll his eyes reading my email.

OP
OP
Henry Gale
A plane slid off the runway at Burbank
Holy shit!

Hoping early January is dry. The wife and I have a Disneyland trip planned and we got drenched during our January 2017 trip.

Gonna be a real bummer if it's a repeat of that.
🤞 It’s the onky rainy time in claifornia. Hopefully it works out for you.

the only thing that gives me road rage is fucking idiots not having their lights on while it's raining at god damn 5pm
This, and people not using their wipers enough, or people driving far too fast for the roads.

Oct 31, 2017
Car trouble, sick, pretty much anything
I'm not a fan of lying (well, little white lies here and there that don't hurt anyone is fine) so I straight up just told him I tried driving and I panicked and then drove home. My car isn't in the best shape either and I haven't had time to go to the mechanic this semester. It's not even an important day today it's just free time to work on our projects but attendance is mandatory. I feel like such a fucking baby ugh

Oct 26, 2017
Ugh, I knew I should have moved my plants around on the patio to keep them from getting drenched again. Poor things are bedraggled at this point, cause they aren't really meant for this volume of water.

OP
OP
Henry Gale
wait why do you care how much others are using their wipers
I’ll see people crawling down the street leaning forward to see out the windshield and they don’t have their wipers on.

Either that or not enough, so the water is obstructing their view and they can’t figure out why the hell they can’t see well.

I'm not a fan of lying (well, little white lies here and there that don't hurt anyone is fine) so I straight up just told him I tried driving and I panicked and then drove home. My car isn't in the best shape either and I haven't had time to go to the mechanic this semester. It's not even an important day today it's just free time to work on our projects but attendance is mandatory. I feel like such a fucking baby ugh
Nah you did the right thing

Oct 28, 2017
People in Anaheim have no chill. Got people doing 10 miles above the speed limit on the street in the pouring rain that don’t seem to understand how physics work.
I saw someone spin out yesterday from the patio of the place where I was having lunch. They weren't going super fast, but they gave it too much gas before they'd finished the turn.

Nov 1, 2017
Man, even the protective bio-dome of the high desert is getting absolutely dumped on. It’s been raining here nonstop since last night. Been a long time since I’ve seen Flood Warnings really matter up here.

OP
OP
Henry Gale
Since it hardly rains, a lot of people don't maintain their wipers, and worn out wipers sometimes reduce visibility.
That’s true, it’s still ridiculous and lazy, but it is true.

It’s ridiculous and lazy by the way because it’s not an uncommon occurrence in residential area’s, so it’s not like I only see this during the first rain of the year.