• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

elLOaSTy

Oct 27, 2017
giphy.gif

It's raining LA Era. About time we got to have one of these threads.

Roll call time. Coming down nice here in Playa Vista, how's the rest of Los Angeles Era doing? (didn't see one of these threads yet)

Also, I like how #LARain is trending on Twitter. Gotta love it.

Deleted member 11157

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hoping evening commute isn't filled with broken streetlights. Had a couple this morning. Mofos don't know about four/five/or the always deadly 6 way stop intersection when the lights go out.

Oct 26, 2017
California
I was down there yesterday. Went and bought a suit and ate street dogs and tacos along with some churros. It was a good day. Sorry it's raining today, LA ERA.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
Came in here to post a "Is everyone ok?!" meme, and it's already been done. LMAO

OP
OP
elLOaSTy

elLOaSTy

Oct 27, 2017
The first real rain we get for the season is always the worst on the roads. All the garbage, leaves, ect gets jammed into our already poor drainage system. So streets flood faster. Plus none of the oil has washed away from the streets, so it's extra slick after all these dry months.

OP
OP
elLOaSTy

elLOaSTy

Oct 27, 2017
Does that mean the fires are finally out? We visited Oxnard in mid-December and it was like flying into the mouth of Hell.

That was right when it started and at it's worst. As far as I'm aware, within the city they have been for some time now. Although there may have been pockets or places I am unaware of. As for the rest of the state, I'm unsure. I believe so though.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
I love rainy days because it gives me an excuse to bundle up in warm jammies all day :)

We need more damn water anyway, so I hope it sticks around!

studyguy

Oct 26, 2017
It's not raining here, it's fucking pouring.
All of Ventura County is basically under a giant mudslide warning due to the Thomas Fire obliterating everything in the mountains behind us.

186420-full.jpg

Taki

Attempt to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
are you all trolling with this thread

i miss socal lol

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
This is going to cancel World Of Color at Disney's California Adventure tonight, isn't it? Shame. That's the return of the normal version.

studyguy

Oct 26, 2017
are you all trolling with this thread
Fuck no I was about to make this thread myself.
We just had our ass burned alive for the past month because the lack of rain through half 2017 dried things out so badly. Plus you can't live in Southern California without getting in on the meme.

Cold in SoCal = Awful
Rain in SoCal = Dangerous
Snow in SoCal = Apocalypse

Real talk though, there's severe mudslide warnings along a lot of southern california atm due to the fires we just had. A friend is getting evac warnings right now since 7AM. Stay safe yall.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
I love the rain, and I'm glad it's finally here, it's late and we needed it so we don't just go back to drought status again that fast.

That said, I hope drivers and people living in mudslide prone areas remain safe.

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
currently listening to water fall from the sky outside my window

the end times are here. we had a good run.

OP
OP
elLOaSTy

elLOaSTy

Oct 27, 2017
I'm actually lucky, I'm relatively safe in this oart of LA. We did get flood warnings, but my dog hating the rain is my biggest problem.

I work from home so I actually get to enjoy this.

Liquidsnake

Oct 27, 2017
It's not raining here, it's fucking pouring.
All of Ventura County is basically under a giant mudslide warning due to the Thomas Fire obliterating everything in the mountains behind us.

186420-full.jpg

I drove to Solvane and I was shocked at how much has burned, I was also shocked at how dry the whole area has become. I mean Santa Barbara turned into a desert. I remember back in the 80's it looked like a tropical jungle. So sad.

Baka Sempai

Oct 30, 2017
While rain is always welcome, I seriously hope the people at the burnt areas don't get it too bad with mudslides and what not.
Is really coming down here in Sherman Oaks.

Not

Oct 25, 2017
US
And yet, I'm, surprisingly, walking on sunshine

IT'S ABOUT FUCKING TIME Y'ALL

FelRes

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
CA
Yeah it's exciting lol. Managed to drive home without any traffic or accidents. Is this the first rain of the wet season?