• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Dec 25, 2017
fxXevLd.jpg

studyguy

Oct 26, 2017
The entire 101 from Ventura to Santa Barbara is shut down apparently.
Fuck that storm was rough as fuck last night. Sounded like a hurricane.

Some gasline fucking exploded and took out some houses last night in Montecito.

Surakian

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Yesterday I observed a mom and her young daughter picking out the daughter's first umbrella because she never needed one before since rain has become so infrequent here in California.

She bought a Pokémon pokeball umbrella and was so happy after she got it.

I couldn't help but smile. This is probably one of the few reasons I feel better about keeping my part-time retail job while working full time.

SpecX

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
How I miss the rain. Slept with the window open as it poured down most the night. Woke up to the streets and my yard flooded, the top blown off my gazebo, and some of the worse traffic I've dealt with in weeks due to school starting back up today and the rain combined.

crienne

Oct 25, 2017
Here in Irvine it's been a nice reprieve from the warmer-than-I-would-like 'winter' we're having.

Deleted member 11157

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Pretty rough morning; lots of sideways ra in it was coming down so hard. Luckily no leak on my roof. Worried it's gonna come down while I'm at work.

Oct 30, 2017
It was pouring this morning in north OC.

Oh goodness me. Rain!

To be fair, it was ~6 inches in rain in about 36 hours. LA averages 14 inches a year. These kinds of rains cause flash floods, and mudslides especially in areas recently affected by fires. There will be damages from these rains totaling in the tens of millions by the end of the day.

Oct 30, 2017
How does it feeling living in an area of the world where it raining is news? Wish I lived in a hot country :(
Raining isn't news, getting 25% of your annual rain in 36 hours right after wild fires destroyed grond cover and their roots systems that hold hillsides in place.. is news. Large rain storms in parts of California cause millions of dollars in damage on a regular basis.

OP
OP
elLOaSTy

elLOaSTy

Oct 27, 2017

Really bad time for my county.

Wow that's crazy. I was hoping prior to all these fires we would make it to the rainy season before shit went down. With all the rain we got last year, there was so much extra vegetation to dry up this year. The chance for fires and more extreme ones was so high. It sucks seeing how even after the fires now the rain is exacerbating the issue.

On the positive side, this weekend will be great to go hiking. The rainy season is like spring in LA, Griffith explodes with life.

studyguy

Oct 26, 2017
Actually it's significantly worse out here.
The 101, the god damn only way to get directly down the coast from up north past Santa Barabara is closed till MONDAY.

Instead of simply going up the 101 to go north or down to go south past SB, you now have to take the fucking 5. LITERALLY GO AROUND A FUCKING MOUNTAIN because the 101 is a giant wall of mud.

So this is a normal run up the 101, easy straight path.
2018-01-10_15-18-51.jpg

Because of the mudslide if you're in the county of ventura you have to back track ALL THE WAY TO THE 5, leap the mountain and go back over where you just drove.
2018-01-10_15-19-43.jpg

SpecX

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Actually it's significantly worse out here.
The 101, the god damn only way to get directly down the coast from up north past Santa Barabara is closed till MONDAY.

Instead of simply going up the 101 to go north or down to go south past SB, you now have to take the fucking 5. LITERALLY GO AROUND A FUCKING MOUNTAIN because the 101 is a giant wall of mud.

So this is a normal run up the 101, easy straight path.
2018-01-10_15-18-51.jpg

Because of the mudslide if you're in the county of ventura you have to back track ALL THE WAY TO THE 5, leap the mountain and go back over where you just drove.
2018-01-10_15-19-43.jpg

What about the 33? I'm sure it's not ideal with the twisty roads and probably will be backed up, but it's an option.

Jack Remington

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I had no idea until I went to go the gym. Was working with headphones and the blinds down all afternoon/evening. That was a surprise.

It's kind of refreshing, actually.

TrAcEr_x90

Oct 27, 2017
giphy.gif

It's raining LA Era. About time we got to have one of these threads.

Roll call time. Coming down nice here in Playa Vista, how's the rest of Los Angeles Era doing? (didn't see one of these threads yet)

Also, I like how #LARain is trending on Twitter. Gotta love it.
I've lived here for six months now. The weather has gone from over 100 to pretty chilly temp drops at night. The worst drivers I've ever seen when a little rain hits. I'll take it all for no more snow tho.

Blairbat

Oct 29, 2017
Sacramento, California
It apparently snowed in downtown Sacramento today, which I am pretty sure has never happened before. It's not LA, but still the California.

It is really sad that people lost their lives because of this weather though. I can't say I'm enjoying it (I like the rain) when people are dying.

OP
OP
elLOaSTy

elLOaSTy

Oct 27, 2017
Down with a cold so I was asleep and missed the rain last night. it's always so beautiful out the day after in LA.

OP
OP
elLOaSTy

elLOaSTy

Oct 27, 2017
Checkin in everyone, how are you all holding up?

Glad we are getting some more rain during the tail end of the rainy season.