• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Baka Sempai

Oct 30, 2017
Well mid-valley is really having it right now. Hope there are no floods, but keeping my fingers crossed on possible mudslides (and of course no fatalities)

Eros

Oct 27, 2017
Raining here in NorCal too. Every day has had rain in the past week and a half in Sacramento.

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Southern Californians already suck at driving, so combine that with heavy rain and you have your answer.
combine this with our roads crumbling every time it rains and you have a good time going. always nice to be driving and then discover a giant ass pothole just opened up out of nowhere.

clearacell

Oct 27, 2017
It got drenched for a few minutes now it's light. I work at a golf course and they were gonna have a small tournament and dinner but they just cancelled so now I'm at work doing nothing but reading Era lol

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
It's Always Sunny in Los Filly, except now we're underwater. Send kayaks.

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
stay safe Era

blade-runner-gaff_orig.gif

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
past leaks have completely soured me on rain. used to enjoy it. now its just stressful when i hear there's gonna be a storm. i actually dreamt last night that my roof was leaking lol :(

Taki

Attempt to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
you guys cant do this while the northeast has a snowstorm

Oct 30, 2017
North OC and its pouring, like downpour like crazy here. Supposed to taper off and then start real bad tonight for 36 hours straight. The news said to expect nearly 5 inches of rain... like WTF that can't be right? right? They were using the words like, "Storm of the season".

I've fallen for that before lol, but I'll prepare either way.

I went to my local fire station and filled up 4 sandbags and put them in problem areas when it gets crazy. The firemen there said nobody had come by yet, I was the first. I got home, it was dry.. I put the sandbags up and 5 minutes later it was raining nickels.

Taki

Attempt to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's been raining a little bit in South East LA.

Poor NE crying about another snow storm... Look at us, we have four real seasons with beautiful fall colors. Cry me an icy river, NE!

jk :[

the fall is indeed unbeatable i'll give you that.

Baka Sempai

Oct 30, 2017
are these storms lifting the drought across southern cali or no dent?
Heavy rain storms like the current one are like a double sided knife.
We go into drought for months at once, things really dry up, and we get fires all over, then suddenly in a single day or two we get rain that's supposed to be the equivalent to a whole year's worth of water, and while it does help recovering from drought conditions, all the dry places specially the ones that burned, absorb the water thus getting soft and unstable which then generate mudslides.
So yes, the drought is gone, but some areas really get screwed with flooding and what not.

Baka Sempai

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah, I work in one of the buildings Ventura/Sepulveda. It's gloomy as far as the eye can see.

Not hyped for the 405.

Let me guess, either comerica or citibank. I'm sure you had fun with the air quality during the mulholland fire. Ughh
I'm peeking outside the window and is pouring, I'll be driving to valley glen later on the day and I'm seriously concerned with what street to take since I drive a freaking mini and don't want to stall on some flooded street.
I love the rain, but wish drainage system on the streets was more properly maintained and cleaned (Sepulveda dam, I'm looking at you)
I don't understand how people who live in mandatory-evacuation areas don't actually evacuate, yet I'm here struggling driving over a flooded street

Emergency & I

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Let me guess, either comerica or citibank. I'm sure you had fun with the air quality during the mulholland fire. Ughh
I'm peeking outside the window and is pouring, I'll be driving to valley glen later on the day and I'm seriously concerned with what street to take since I drive a freaking mini and don't want to stall on some flooded street.
I love the rain, but wish drainage system on the streets was more properly maintained and cleaned (Sepulveda dam, I'm looking at you)

The old citibank - you must know the area well because they've been out of the building for a bit. And no doubt, the air quality was awful for a couple days earlier this year. I take the 405 to work and got turned around during that one hellfire day when it nearly reached the Getty.

I feel for you. There's always flooding a little north of here. We have a few people in the Lake Balboa area and they get stuck for all intents and purposes when it rains like this. They're not looking forward to the drive home...

GFP_RYU

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Drizzling now in the Valley. I love the rain. Heck, I am savoring it because it does not rain that much here.