• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 11157

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Unsure if it was the lighting or paranoia, but I looked at my ceiling before leaving for work and it looked more sunken in than usual. Hoping not to come home to a collapsed ceiling and angry downstairs neighbors tonight.

OP
OP
elLOaSTy

elLOaSTy

Oct 27, 2017
Likely one of the last rains for the year, always weird when we go 5-6 months without any. This year was too little

WhoTurgled

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This rain is crazy and I'd be super into it if I wasn't in charge of the stormwater shit at my job fuuuuuck

OP
OP
elLOaSTy

elLOaSTy

Oct 27, 2017
Days like these are when I'm lucky to be working from home. I'm really able to enjoy the rain much more here because of it.

I updated with a cover image, if anyone has something better I can change it.

Stay safe everyone.

Last edited:

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
On the radio, they were doing the traffic report. Some kind of problem on the freeway, and the reporter said it would basically extend your drive by 2 hours if you were stuck. Man sometimes I hate this place.

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
I'm in Huntington Beach today, and it's coming down hard right now. At least it had let up for an hour.

OP
OP
elLOaSTy

elLOaSTy

Oct 27, 2017
you guys :( I had class this morning but I panicked while driving and went back home :( idk what to tell my professor

Unless it's a final you should maybe try the truth. Teachers would be receptive to the idea that you felt unsafe and if there's another session may let you sit in later or will send you the coursework.

A teacher wouldn't want anyone to feel like they were in danger or to have that anxiety.

Seven4sses

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Driving from Long Beach to Costa Mesa. Long Beach was getting hit with rain until I got to the 405/605 junction. Afterwards, it was pretty clear.

Shoutout to the rest of LA ERA.

Taki

Attempt to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thread title still makes me chuckle every time

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
Hoping early January is dry. The wife and I have a Disneyland trip planned and we got drenched during our January 2017 trip.

Gonna be a real bummer if it's a repeat of that.

Baka Sempai

Oct 30, 2017
Woke up early this morning and saw on the news a couple of flood warnings were issued in my area but I didn't make much of it until I had to go out to my car only to realize the sidewalks were completely submerged and the water was starting to leak into my car.
The drive to work was not much better since I normally take Burbank blvd. (by the Sepulveda damn) and the whole section was really starting to flood, I was actually surprised they had not closed it yet.

Stay safe out there L.A. Era

Crumb

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
the only thing that gives me road rage is fucking idiots not having their lights on while it's raining at god damn 5pm

Oct 31, 2017
Unless it's a final you should maybe try the truth. Teachers would be receptive to the idea that you felt unsafe and if there's another session may let you sit in later or will send you the coursework.

A teacher wouldn't want anyone to feel like they were in danger or to have that anxiety.

Yeah it's not finals. It's not an important day at all it's basically just free time to work on our projects but attendance is annoyingly mandatory. I emailed him telling him I was scared lol, I really hope he didn't roll his eyes reading my email.

OP
OP
elLOaSTy

elLOaSTy

Oct 27, 2017
A plane slid off the runway at Burbank

Holy shit!

Hoping early January is dry. The wife and I have a Disneyland trip planned and we got drenched during our January 2017 trip.

Gonna be a real bummer if it's a repeat of that.

🤞 It's the onky rainy time in claifornia. Hopefully it works out for you.

the only thing that gives me road rage is fucking idiots not having their lights on while it's raining at god damn 5pm

This, and people not using their wipers enough, or people driving far too fast for the roads.

Oct 31, 2017
Car trouble, sick, pretty much anything

I'm not a fan of lying (well, little white lies here and there that don't hurt anyone is fine) so I straight up just told him I tried driving and I panicked and then drove home. My car isn't in the best shape either and I haven't had time to go to the mechanic this semester. It's not even an important day today it's just free time to work on our projects but attendance is mandatory. I feel like such a fucking baby ugh

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
I'm working from home today and it's quite nice. I'm hearing a lot more sirens that usual though.

Nista

Oct 26, 2017
Ugh, I knew I should have moved my plants around on the patio to keep them from getting drenched again. Poor things are bedraggled at this point, cause they aren't really meant for this volume of water.

OP
OP
elLOaSTy

elLOaSTy

Oct 27, 2017
wait why do you care how much others are using their wipers

I'll see people crawling down the street leaning forward to see out the windshield and they don't have their wipers on.

Either that or not enough, so the water is obstructing their view and they can't figure out why the hell they can't see well.

I'm not a fan of lying (well, little white lies here and there that don't hurt anyone is fine) so I straight up just told him I tried driving and I panicked and then drove home. My car isn't in the best shape either and I haven't had time to go to the mechanic this semester. It's not even an important day today it's just free time to work on our projects but attendance is mandatory. I feel like such a fucking baby ugh

Nah you did the right thing

Spenny

Oct 25, 2017
San Diego-ish
Fucking love rain. Everything is so clean and new.

I don't get road rage but it is rather annoying. People know it's a CA law that if your wipers are on your lights have to be on, right? Stupid motherfuckers.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
People in Anaheim have no chill. Got people doing 10 miles above the speed limit on the street in the pouring rain that don't seem to understand how physics work.

I saw someone spin out yesterday from the patio of the place where I was having lunch. They weren't going super fast, but they gave it too much gas before they'd finished the turn.

JetmanJay

Nov 1, 2017
Man, even the protective bio-dome of the high desert is getting absolutely dumped on. It's been raining here nonstop since last night. Been a long time since I've seen Flood Warnings really matter up here.

pikachief

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I slipped carrying mine and my foreman's tools and I was like "cant drop these tools!" So I landed on my knees

:(

OP
OP
elLOaSTy

elLOaSTy

Oct 27, 2017
Since it hardly rains, a lot of people don't maintain their wipers, and worn out wipers sometimes reduce visibility.

That's true, it's still ridiculous and lazy, but it is true.

It's ridiculous and lazy by the way because it's not an uncommon occurrence in residential area's, so it's not like I only see this during the first rain of the year.