• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Segafreak

Oct 27, 2017
I would love if there were higher tier subscription services. There are many possibilities on what they could offer. On the Microsoft side things are easy, MS is probably the one to innovate the most here, they could combine GamePass and Gold into one sub, and Sony could follow and bundle PS Now with Plus at $10-15 a month, especially now that PS Now is basically GamePass with streaming. It'd be nice if they bundled Plus, Now and Vue into one big mega sub.

But what I also want, are bigger benefits in the PS Store: deeper discounts. Imagine a PS Platinum sub that makes every game on the Store -50%, even (select) pre-orders? Paying $30 for new releases, that's how I'd convert to the digital future. Make me pay for discounts!

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Every single game at -50%?

Dude this is literally never going to happen.

Euler

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, no. Make better discounts for PSPlus instead without paying even more. PSPlus is overpriced as is.

Fiel

Oct 30, 2017
If it allow me to backward compatability my library with full trophy support i will pay for it...

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How about less subscriptions?

Before you know it gaming will end up just like TV where you need to sign up for half a dozen different services to play what you want.

tuxfool

Oct 25, 2017
The plantinum level should be free, on account that gold and plus are already ripping you off.

If you really want to give them more money for doing nothing, you should just walk into one of their stores and drop a load of money on the floor.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
I wouldn't buy it but I could see a one for all package but don't expect more on top of that at $15 a month for plus, now, and basic cable you're not gonna get large discounts on games or other stuff too. The value is there at $15 if you want those services.

OutofMana

Oct 25, 2017
California
You want to pay more to justify a 50% discount? That will never happen. Why do you think the prime and Best Buy preorder stuff stopped?

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
PS+ Discounts are already fine, no interest in another sub that gives me access to stuff I don't want ( PSNow) or isn't supported here (Vue).

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I guess it was only natural for this place to eventually devolve into outright begging the hardware manufacturers to take more of their money.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
You could at least put an estimation as to how much this subscription would cost.

From what you've described in the OP I'd imagine even $100 a year wouldn't suffice so yeah. You're thinking way too big there.

Oct 25, 2017
Sony would lose money per purchase (30% is what they can get and what they can discount) unless they get publishers to agree to take a cut just to help their subscriptions.

But, sure, a more expensive subscription with more to offer sounds good

Ænima

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Its time to stop paying to play online when you dont even offer dedicated servers. Fixed the tread for you.
PS Now is not even out in most contries, they should focus on that 1st before thinking in a higher sub.

Deleted member 5398

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My whole purpose in life is to spend LESS money on things, not more.

This only works if they make base PS+ free lol.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Please, let's not encourage them to raise the price of Plus even more. And PS Now is already too expensive.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Playstation Now probably needs to get a lot better before they try to bundle it up. Otherwise people will just try it and dump it never to return.

The more I think about it though, PSNow probably just ought to be re-branded and re-launched once they get a better selection of local play titles.

Deleted member 7450

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
You want to give corporations more money to have the illusion of paying less?

Fuck me... I can't... fucking hell.

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Now we know segafreak is a Sony rep haha.but seriously.no thanks .I m fine with the amount I pay and don't want to increase it .

MetalBoi

Banned
Dec 21, 2017
I would love if there were higher tier subscription services. There are many possibilities on what they could offer. On the Microsoft side things are easy, MS is probably the one to innovate the most here, they could combine GamePass and Gold into one sub, and Sony could follow and bundle PS Now with Plus at $10-15 a month, especially now that PS Now is basically GamePass with streaming. It'd be nice if they bundled Plus, Now and Vue into one big mega sub.

But what I also want, are bigger benefits in the PS Store: deeper discounts. Imagine a PS Platinum sub that makes every game on the Store -50%, even (select) pre-orders? Paying $30 for new releases, that's how I'd convert to the digital future. Make me pay for discounts!
Wow, fifty percent off of everything? They'd have to charge $50 a month for that. No thank you.

ronco2000

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The plantinum level should be free, on account that gold and plus are already ripping you off.

If you really want to give them more money for doing nothing, you should just walk into one of their stores and drop a load of money on the floor.
Plus is a ripoff? GTFO. Got 10 free games to play this year already. Bloodborne alone is worth the year of Plus. I get discounts on games as well.

GOOCHY

Oct 29, 2017
With the price hikes of PS Plus the PS Now service should already be folded in at no cost. OP wants to pay more.

pixeldreams

Oct 27, 2017
PSNow is still too high of a cost for me to even consider it, if they were to wrap that into a new PS+ tier for $125/yr, that would probably get me to subscribe.

I don't know how PSNow is even remotely profitable at $180/yr.

Oct 28, 2017
I think many of you are jumping on one thing the OP says instead of reading his whole suggestion. He isn't saying bundle everything up for more as an only option (thus forcing everyone to pay MORE MORE MORE), he is saying bundle it up for an additional option to people interested in Plus, Vue, and/or PSNow. I think it is pretty obvious what OP is suggesting.

If you are interested in PSPlus, Vue and PSNow, he is suggesting Sony bundling one or both of them together for a discounted price. This isn't "Oh you want to give Sony more money ha ha ha!" He is saying, bundle them for a discount for people who are interested, and further down the road, a discounted price may entice people on the fence.

You could still get Plus for the same price, or PSNow and PSVue individually, but if you are interested in all of them, Sony could offer a bundled price for those completely committed to their online ecosystem, and entice those who aren't but are interested. It is no different than all the suggestions that Microsoft should bundle their GamePass and Live into one package as well at a discounted price. You aren't forced to pay more, or give more to Sony. You have an option to get more for a little less if you are interested in combining services.

It isn't about trying to get people to pay these corporations more! Its about getting customers in the door, at a cheaper price, if they are interested in all of these, and maybe entice customers to jump in that aren't totally committed yet.

For Example: I have never had PSNow or PSVue. But If Sony offered me a discount for being a Plus member, to add one or both of them to my current services, then I would be a bit more interested in trying them out beyond the 7 day free trial.

Sid

Banned
Mar 28, 2018
I remember at the end of last gen people were begging Sony to start charging for online and well...they did it and nobody cared that they're spending more for online play.

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
The hell are you smoking, OP?

Offering the option to download some games doesn't make PS Now 'basically like Gamepass'

Arthands

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I will prefer if they double the PS Plus price and include those stuffs.

Sony deserves more money for the good job they have done with PS Plus services

Bowl0l

Oct 27, 2017
Or just charge you $20 a year and call it quits.
You will get to play all the PS1 games available for the PS4 today for free and no new games will be added.

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I will prefer if they double the PS Plus price and include those stuffs.

Sony deserves more money for the good job they have done with PS Plus services
As a big PS fan ,what the fuck is happening in this thread ? Sony has to fight for out money.not to give it to them for no reason.

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks to everyone who bought an Xbox 360 last gen and bought Gold like the suckers they are, you now have people giving every console manufacturer free money as they're holding the ability to use the internet behind an online paywall. These companies have no incentive to improve their services. They already have 50% of all console buyers in this shit, getting the rest of them would cost too much for little gain.

I got like 90% of my PS Vita library from Plus, which is a big reason I still keep paying for it and get to play the PS4 online with it. But eventually I may have to go all in on PC gaming because these online paywalls are bullshit. Maybe when the next gen consoles are out I just won't get them and move to PC.