• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Psnow includes the ability to play online multi, right?
Only for the PS Now titles and nothing else. Considering there's barely any game in there with worthwhile online or online at all, It would be frankly pathetic if they made you subscribe to Plus too

Plus is a ripoff? GTFO. Got 10 free games to play this year already. Bloodborne alone is worth the year of Plus. I get discounts on games as well.
you didn't get a single free game at all. And how is a game that can be bought right now for 15$ supposed to be worth 60¢ for a one year rental?

Mubrik_

Dec 7, 2017
Lol if most of Era will disagree with your idea it only means the ROTW will be fine with it

Do it Sony!

Iucidium

Oct 25, 2017
I would love if there were higher tier subscription services. There are many possibilities on what they could offer. On the Microsoft side things are easy, MS is probably the one to innovate the most here, they could combine GamePass and Gold into one sub, and Sony could follow and bundle PS Now with Plus at $10-15 a month, especially now that PS Now is basically GamePass with streaming. It'd be nice if they bundled Plus, Now and Vue into one big mega sub.

But what I also want, are bigger benefits in the PS Store: deeper discounts. Imagine a PS Platinum sub that makes every game on the Store -50%, even (select) pre-orders? Paying $30 for new releases, that's how I'd convert to the digital future. Make me pay for discounts!
Considering the inevitable shuttering of Vita/PS3 servers as we know it - NOW should be bundled with plus.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
With the price hikes of PS Plus the PS Now service should already be folded in at no cost. OP wants to pay more.

With the PS Now allowing downloads news, I learned in that thread games on it don't need Plus for online MP.

That's what many said is the main lure of Plus.

So what exactly does the OP propose...

Depending on what else Sony does with Now and the IGC, next gen will be interesting with the services both MS and Sony offer.

UltimusXI

Oct 27, 2017
it actually works if you buy a lot..
Sure, it can work, but what kind of price per month would lure in both the people that buy tons of games (for these people Sony and third parties would incur an income loss, because well, they buy lots of games already apparently), but also people that don't buy enough that they still make some money off of it? What incentive is there for Sony to let the current big buyers spend less? What incentive is there for the second group to subscribe?

(In this post I'm assuming discounts close to the 50 % discount that the OP is suggesting).

Also, I always feel like that if Plus wasn't a thing, discounts for games that currently have a special Plus discount (say 40 % instead of 20 % off in sales if you're subscribed to Plus) would normally be discounted a bit deeper by default (say 30 % off), so I don't feel they currently lose much money on extra Plus discounts at all.

Pay $15 once, pre-order every game available at 50% off, cancel subscription.

I'm in.

Also this.

Arthands

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
As a big PS fan ,what the fuck is happening in this thread ? Sony has to fight for out money.not to give it to them for no reason.

what do you mean? Those exclusives like Spider-Man ain't cheap, and I wouldn't mind forking out more money via PS Plus so we can get more exclusive games like Spider-Man in the future for the Playstation.

RasAlCool

Dec 6, 2017
Give me an online service that doesn't require me restarting my console every two days to access the store.
Then I'll consider paying for more than I already do.

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
what do you mean? Those exclusives like Spider-Man ain't cheap, and I wouldn't mind forking out more money via PS Plus so we can get more exclusive games like Spider-Man in the future for the Playstation.
U reward them by buying games at full price.not to give them free money for no reason .

khamakazee

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How about less subscriptions?

Before you know it gaming will end up just like TV where you need to sign up for half a dozen different services to play what you want.

I don't think restricting services like EA Access id the answer. The consumer should decide what services they want to support. Netflix did not kill movie theaters and nor did it kill the rental market for new movies. What it did do is do things like HBO already does, improve TV series and getting big actors involved. What we want is gaming to expand, not be fearful of what we have and hold on tightly so desperately for fear of change.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Plus is way too expensive already. Sony should be charging less, not adding even more expensive tiers. Garbage system.

Ascenion

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mecklenburg-Strelitz
Plus and Gold are already hardly worth their cost as it is and you really think more discounts on games I probably won't buy would mitigate a price increase?

potatohead

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Earthbound
I'd pay an extra few bucks as a discount if it were bundled with PS Now

I wouldn't mind $10 a month for both PS Now and PS Plus bundled

But otherwise no

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
The only way this would be acceptable is if PSNow is rolled in for a discounted price. Otherwise, no thanks.

And having to pay MORE for decent discounts is just stupid. It's already stupid that we have to pay for discounts in the first place.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Buying the game reward the development team/studio, while paying more money for PS Plus benefit Sony, which they can use those money to fund more exclusives.

Or Sony could just provide more value to their consumers with the services they already have instead of cutting it back while charging more at the same time.

They're about to cut PS3 and Vita support out of PS+ in a few months and people are asking how they can pay MORE? What the actual hell?

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
Make me pay for discounts!

tenor.gif

Pankratous

Oct 26, 2017
At the very least there should be a way to donate more money to Sony as a reward for good service.

Arthands

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Or Sony could just provide more value to their consumers with the services they already have instead of cutting it back while charging more at the same time.

They're about to cut PS3 and Vita support out of PS+ in a few months and people are asking how they can pay MORE? What the actual hell?

They are cutting those PS3 and Vita support out of PS+ to save cost. There's even more reason why we should pay more so they don't start reducing the number of PS4 offerings on the PS+.

Oct 28, 2017
but sony already upped the psn+ cost some months ago, with no benefits at all for us. do you still want to pay more?

Norgler

Nov 13, 2017
Id rather give me a bronze option.. super cheap no free games just make the console online enabled. or better yet... free online.

GrayFoxPL

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Other way around.

There should be super cheap PS+ Poor Ass option for people who only need online play, nothing more.

Mar 23, 2018
Dudes fighting out there to get the price reduced for basic online play while some others want to pay even more LOL

I've got an idea. Add both: free basic online play and PS Platinum. That's it... yeah, don't think this is happening.

AaronWatermelon

Designer at Rocketwerkz
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
But what I also want, are bigger benefits in the PS Store: deeper discounts. Imagine a PS Platinum sub that makes every game on the Store -50%, even (select) pre-orders? Paying $30 for new releases, that's how I'd convert to the digital future. Make me pay for discounts!

Unless Sony's kicking developers coin for the half price sales, you'd have one very barren store. At that point, it's in nobodies interest to do this.

spidye

Oct 28, 2017
hoping that multi-billion dollar companies demand more money from people is quite funny...

Or sad. Don't know which one to be honest

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
They are cutting those PS3 and Vita support out of PS+ to save cost. There's even more reason why we should pay more so they don't start reducing the number of PS4 offerings on the PS+.

If they're trying to save cost, they should pass that savings on to the consumer. I'm not interested in paying ANYTHING for the service in its current state. Gutting even more value out and replacing it with nothing is a joke.