• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BAN PUNCHER

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
g0LFuIE.gif

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Make me pay for discounts!
Don't they already do this? Isn't the "double discount" for PS+ subscribers only?
What we actually need is Playstation Silver subscription. Basically a cheaper subscription just for online multiplayer (let's face it, they'll never stop charging for this), without the discount and free games of PS+. Of all the PS+ games this generation I've only played and finished two. I don't wanna pay for something I don't use.
This sounds better.

Anomander

Oct 27, 2017
What we actually need is Playstation Silver subscription. Basically a cheaper subscription just for online multiplayer (let's face it, they'll never stop charging for this), without the discount and free games of PS+. Of all the PS+ games this generation I've only played and finished two. I don't wanna pay for something I don't use.

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
I would certainly be in on PS Plus or whatever if it had all of Sony's First Party games.

KingdomKey

Oct 27, 2017
This gave me a good laugh.

Naa, I'm fine with PS+ as it is. If anything I'd like a cheaper choice and only pay for the multiplayer part (or make it free). I never touch the games we get through PS+ anyways.

Arthands

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If they're trying to save cost, they should pass that savings on to the consumer. I'm not interested in paying ANYTHING for the service in its current state. Gutting even more value out and replacing it with nothing is a joke.

If they pass the saving to the consumers, that will reduces the amount of money they have to fund more exclusives.

I care more about having more exclusive AAA games for PS4

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
If they pass the saving to the consumers, that will reduces the amount of money they have to fund more exclusives.

I care more about having more exclusive AAA games for PS4

Then they should find other ways to get money for exclusives. I don't care about their games if they're going to nickel and dime me to death just for the privilege to play on their system.

BAN PUNCHER

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

"We here at Sony are excited to announce our new online multiplayer only PS+ Silver membership for $60 a year and the current service with all the additional features you have come to love will be re-branded as PS+ Gold for $99 a year."

Riversands

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
If i were sony, i would set 60 bucks for mp only, the rest will be locked behind Platinum service with exclusive sales

JeTmAn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You want to save money on new games? Buy a physical copy, play through it, then sell it in a couple weeks for $45. That's a 75% discount every time.

Arthands

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Then they should find other ways to get money for exclusives. I don't care about their games if they're going to nickel and dime me to death just for the privilege to play on their system.

Nickel and dime? That's hyperbole. Its just $10 per month if they double the cost. You get those subscription benefits AND help Sony get more exclusives for us to play.

StormEagle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Buying the game reward the development team/studio, while paying more money for PS Plus benefit Sony, which they can use those money to fund more exclusives.
No. Sony will do what makes them more money. Paying more for subscription services will make them focus on those subscription services and not on new games. If you want more exclusives you have to buy the exclusives at highest prices. The Valve makes more money with Steam and microtransactions in their existing games, so they stopped making many new games and and prioritize steam shop and stuff for DOTA/CS... this is also the reason for the rise in GaaS titles with many publishers.
TL,DR: Money = Votes. Paying for Games = Voting for more games. Paying for DLC = voting for DLC. Paying for subscriptions = more subscription stuff.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Nickel and dime? That's hyperbole. Its just $10 per month if they double the cost. You get those subscription benefits AND help Sony get more exclusives for us to play.

I don't think the subscription is worth the money at all. I don't play online often enough to justify the cost, and the PS+ free games are already bad enough when they give us four of them a month. Cutting it down to only two without lowering the cost is the wrong call.

I just don't believe that fleecing us more without improving the value of their bad service will allow them to give us more games. It'll just make them focus harder on "service" stuff, and that's not a valid trade-off.

sns97

Visited by Knack
Oct 30, 2017
OP wants a bundle of all the PS services at discount and -50% on full game pre-order. What's wrong with that ?
He isn't saying PS+ alone should be $10-15 per month.

Arthands

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
No. Sony will do what makes them more money. Paying more for subscription services will make them focus on those subscription services and not on new games. If you want more exclusives you have to buy the exclusives at highest prices. The Valve makes more money with Steam and microtransactions in their existing games, so they stopped making many new games and and prioritize steam shop and stuff for DOTA/CS... this is also the reason for the rise in GaaS titles with many publishers.
TL,DR: Money = Votes. Paying for Games = Voting for more games. Paying for DLC = voting for DLC. Paying for subscriptions = more subscription stuff.

Are you suggesting that Sony is just like Valve? Lets not. Sony is for the gamers, if we pay more for subscription, those money will go towards better and more exclusive AAA games.

pants

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
"What if there was a way to give away more of my money each year and get proportionally less value for it too?"

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Are you suggesting that Sony is just like Valve? Lets not. Sony is for the gamers, if we pay more for subscription, those money will go towards better and more exclusive AAA games.

Sony is for themselves. They aren't making those exclusives out of the goodness of their corporate heart, they do it because it's the best way to differentiate themselves from Microsoft and Nintendo. If they can make more money than Microsoft without SPENDING more money than them, they will follow that path and go down the same road MS is.

NLCPRESIDENT

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
I would love if there were higher tier subscription services. There are many possibilities on what they could offer. On the Microsoft side things are easy, MS is probably the one to innovate the most here, they could combine GamePass and Gold into one sub, and Sony could follow and bundle PS Now with Plus at $10-15 a month, especially now that PS Now is basically GamePass with streaming. It'd be nice if they bundled Plus, Now and Vue into one big mega sub.

But what I also want, are bigger benefits in the PS Store: deeper discounts. Imagine a PS Platinum sub that makes every game on the Store -50%, even (select) pre-orders? Paying $30 for new releases, that's how I'd convert to the digital future. Make me pay for discounts!
I kinda like ike the way you think :P

But no way they bundle TV with everything and if they do itd be expensive.. I'd pay $100 -$150 a year for everything if they did.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
I'd prefer a cheaper subscription for only online play and without PS+ free games and promos.

Goose Se7en

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Talk about wishful thinking OP, damn.

I'd like a Best Buy GCU type deal but I don't know how Sony could work that out with 3rd party publishers and smaller indies. I don't know how the business side of it would work. I'd pay $100 a year for PS+ and 20% off all releases.

K' Dash

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
It is time for you to shut the fuck up OP.

:p

Now seriously, if it wasn't for could saves I wouldn't even pay for plus.

StormEagle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
No, they are not. Sony is has shareholders, so they have more pressure to do what analysts might think is the newest trend. But they are also a platform holder, so they should know that exclusives are important to sell PS4s and thus won't stop completely making them.
For the gamers is just marketing to get gamers buy into their Eco-system.

May 18, 2018
Fuck that!

They don't need any more reasons to get more money out of us ffs!

I remember fucking Microsoft off on the 360 after being made to feel a less valuable customer due to different levels of member.

Its a no from me.

Sir Blaming

Oct 26, 2017

and I thought people couldn't say something even more stupid than what OP was suggesting.
Look, maybe you try to think about why sony exclusive exist in the first place, because you aren't capable of that

Oniletter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They should offer a bronze tier that janks out all the unnecessary fluff nobody really uses anyway ( including the PS+ games), restrict voice chat to the PlayStation app and sell it for $20 per year.
I'd subscribe!

Megatron

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks to everyone who bought an Xbox 360 last gen and bought Gold like the suckers they are, you now have people giving every console manufacturer free money as they're holding the ability to use the internet behind an online paywall. These companies have no incentive to improve their services. They already have 50% of all console buyers in this shit, getting the rest of them would cost too much for little gain.

I got like 90% of my PS Vita library from Plus, which is a big reason I still keep paying for it and get to play the PS4 online with it. But eventually I may have to go all in on PC gaming because these online paywalls are bullshit. Maybe when the next gen consoles are out I just won't get them and move to PC.

What a weird post. You know paying to play online didn't start with the 360 right? Xbox live itself started on the original XBox. But Microsoft wasn't even the first to charge to play online. That would be Sega who charged a monthly fee for Sega Net to play dreamcast (and maybe Saturn games?) online. So if you're going to blame people for this, I guess blame the people who bought Dreamcasts?

Ganado

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks to everyone who bought an Xbox 360 last gen and bought Gold like the suckers they are, you now have people giving every console manufacturer free money as they're holding the ability to use the internet behind an online paywall. These companies have no incentive to improve their services. They already have 50% of all console buyers in this shit, getting the rest of them would cost too much for little gain.

I got like 90% of my PS Vita library from Plus, which is a big reason I still keep paying for it and get to play the PS4 online with it. But eventually I may have to go all in on PC gaming because these online paywalls are bullshit. Maybe when the next gen consoles are out I just won't get them and move to PC.
Blaming others when you are a part of the problem is kinda pathetic. You are the sucker here, the one who whines yet pays up like someone without self-restraint.

Gifted

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Hmm, if they bundled PS Platinum with ERA Platinum, that'd be the true game changer.

Rivuz

Oct 27, 2017
I would love a cheaper subscription with just online play and no instant game collection, but it will never happen.

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
I remember when people thought that putting multiplayer behind PS+ would lead to a big PSN overhaul.