• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
You doubt my color swapping skills? That's one of my specialties! :P

Does this look ok?

2FSm0Gi.png
Aw Fant, you didn't have to.

Robin

Restless Insomniac
Oct 25, 2017
Taking information gleaned from that chat and using it against those staff members feels like a gross violation of privacy to me.

Everyone is entitled to privacy, they are entitled to a place they can feel comfortable and that was violated.

I don't want to derail this thread though, so I guess we'll agree to disagree.

I don't know what I'm allowed to talk about without catching a ban but Ket's my girlfriend and I did not divulge any personal information from the discords I had access to during my tenure as a mod.

I haven't received any substantial proof that Ket did or did not access my discord account during that time without my consent so I'm naturally choosing to believe my girlfriend, if that clears anything up.

I still have many friends on the mod staff and I find this all rather uncomfortable. It's been fun seeing my credibility ripped to shreds overnight.

anariel

Oct 27, 2017
Oh! Also because I didn't say it earlier, and it can never be said enough, you're all awesome and I love you all <3

Worldres

Mar 30, 2019
I've been quiet for awhile because I'm so exhausted by everything, but trans guy checking in to say I appreciate the trans community here from afar. Keep fighting the good fight.

(I'd love a trans pride avatar... but I don't want to impose. if someone has time.)

Deffers

Banned
Mar 4, 2018
I don't know what I'm allowed to talk about without catching a ban but Ket's my girlfriend and I did not divulge any personal information from the discords I had access to during my tenure as a mod.

I haven't received any substantial proof that Ket did or did not access my discord account during that time without my consent so I'm naturally choosing to believe my girlfriend, if that clears anything up.

I still have many friends on the mod staff and I find this all rather uncomfortable. It's been fun seeing my credibility ripped to shreds overnight.
I'm sorry you're going through this-- neither you nor KetKat deserve this.

Kamon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

It absolutely sucks that this is happening to you two. I have so much empathy for the sudden unnecessary stress you both must be experiencing, and I really hope the current staff realize what a big mistake they've made with this unnecessary ban and demonizing of two great members.

Fugu

Oct 26, 2017
Sorry for the wait, I just got home from work:

If anyone else wants one, just tag me and I'll get to it as soon as I can. :)

Also, Ketkat is one of the most well respected members of this community and her ban is absolute bullshit, period.
Beautiful.

You are absolutely correct about Ketkat. Couldn't have said it better myself.

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017

The whole situation sucks. If the staff are right, there are going to be a lot of questions about how access was obtained, if they aren't, it raises just as many questions. Why did they believe she had access, how did she have knowledge from the chats and use it in conversations with staff members.

I hope the staff are allowed enough time to do a thorough investigation and there's some level of transparency at the end, because this raises a lot of privacy issues that aren't just limited to the staff team in the long run.

OP
OP
Kyuuji

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Appreciate the sticky. Evidently there's an ongoing concern that I'm sure is being discussed by both sides, but the activity here, recent moderations and giving the thread elevation are all noted and appreciated. As is the space to air that grievance and hurt from our side.

Fantomas thank you for handling avatars, super cool. ✊ to the last line as well. Facts.

I appreciate the mention and I appreciate you and everything you do on this website.
Hey, thank you for saying that. Just keeping the torch lit, we should be shining bright wherever. Yourself included.

Something that might be of interest to some of you, a recent game announcement at X019 was the game Tell Me Why that casts a trans actor as the first trans character in a major studio game.

Here's the trailer. Warning: it deals with some dark themes.

This is definitely going on the radar, thank you for sharing. Great to see a game tackle these themes while giving a voice to trans people in the industry to accurately cover the elements at play.

I know the past little bit has been exhaustingly disappointing here (never mind the fact that the bar is set incredibly low on any given day), but I just wanted to say that you have honestly been one of the most well spoken and informative speakers on trans rights I've seen, and seeing you vehemently defend that ideal is honestly inspiring. I genuinely appreciate the work you do.

Thank you <3
Genuinely touching for you to pop in and say that - thank you, it means a lot.

Great to see a thread but I am done with this on era. I am an obstinate asshole so I won't leave the forum but I know where the majority both posters and staff stand so fuck them, they can educate themselves or shut the fuck up, im done. I'm already stuck in the closet (not willingly mind you) and the one place I felt safe to be truthful about myself and make connections in case my situation changes isn't safe. Not that it ever was but the situation has gone from tolerates to actively hostile so I don't know anymore.
I feel you. You are awesome though, so have a hug from me and a wonderful day.

Deleted member 2210

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A few posts I've seen not just recently but lurking for a loooong time now regarding trans and enby members of this community have just been trite. A lot of cis people can and need to use this week to educate themselves on the issues trans people face everyday and undo their biases, cause it ain't fair for members of this community to have to deal with bullshit.

Trans rights are human rights

OP
OP
Kyuuji

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Many of the young people I interviewed came out by writing a letter to their parents and siblings, and often the letter would include a list of support contacts – parent groups and links to YouTube videos posted by other trans teens. Can you imagine being eight or nine and grappling with your gender discomfort, but still having the generosity and kindness to centre others as well as yourself?
One amazing nine year old I interviewed had whizzed off emails to all the relevant people – parents, headteacher, deputy headteacher - and each email contained a detailed explanation of how they felt, other examples where a young person had socially transitioned at school and links to contacts so that, in their words, "no-one should panic or worry about me. I knew who I was and what I needed to do to be happy."
These young people aren't part of an Instagram fashion craze or being coerced by parents desperate for shades of pink or blue. These aren't wishy washy snowflakes jumping on a bandwagon. No, these children are just like Pansy, but Pansy with an understanding that they have a right to be happy and a right to flourish. It's only us adults that have the capacity to ruin that simplicity.

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

This is well worth reading for anybody curious about the trans experience. For many of us, this is just something that we intrinsically know about ourselves. The moment I even considered the possibility that I was trans, it was all over for me (in a good way!). Years of unspoken wishes and uncertain feelings clicked immediately. I finally started to understand myself. That's why it's so important that we normalize being trans, and why we shouldn't shy away from talking about it.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France

Just finished watching 3rd season of Atypical in which they shine so much! I'm glad they decided to tell the world, and I'm very proud of them. Also can't wait to see them back on S4 as I'm way too invested in their lesbian awakening storyline, please Netflix don't cancel it tyvm.

Very interesting read indeed. It's so heartwarming to see how the young trans generation has access to so much knowledge and information making it so much easier for them to know how to tell and spread their truth. They don't have to spend years or even decades not being able to put a finger on why something doesn't fit, and so much of their time and energy is saved and can be dedicated to just living their best lives, and that fills me with joy.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Hello everyone. Just wanted to pop in and say a few things.

First, I appreciate the knowledge and insight the trans community brings to the table. Most times I'm in relevant threads just reading what you all have to say to gain better knowledge not just about your lived context, but how to spot and confront transphobia when it rears its head. However, I hope this silence has not compounded upon the issues that I know have been brewing and expressed for months. If it has, I sincerely apologize for my failure, and if there's anything you personally want out of me going forward then don't hesitate to tell me however you need to. You all deserve a community to feel welcome in.

But first thing's first: I'm going to read that article Kyuuji posted earlier, and I'll wear the Hangzhou Spark avatar for the rest of the week since the colors are dead-on perfect. It's the least I could do.

Godspeed to all in the fight, and I want to finish by saying: Trans rights are human rights.

Robin

Restless Insomniac
Oct 25, 2017
Hello everyone. Just wanted to pop in and say a few things.

First, I appreciate the knowledge and insight the trans community brings to the table. Most times I'm in relevant threads just reading what you all have to say to gain better knowledge not just about your lived context, but how to spot and confront transphobia when it rears its head. However, I hope this silence has not compounded upon the issues that I know have been brewing and expressed for months. If it has, I sincerely apologize for my failure, and if there's anything you personally want out of me going forward then don't hesitate to tell me however you need to. You all deserve a community to feel welcome in.

But first thing's first: I'm going to read that article Kyuuji posted earlier, and I'll wear the Hangzhou Spark avatar for the rest of the week since the colors are dead-on perfect. It's the least I could do.

Godspeed to all in the fight, and I want to finish by saying: Trans rights are human rights.

The Hangzhou Spark skin is the happiest of accidents and I still really need to buy it. : ' )

Nepenthe

Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
The Hangzhou Spark skin is the happiest of accidents and I still really need to buy it. : ' )
I got lucky this season. I had enough coins to only buy one, with the choices being between Reign (I gotta represent) and Spark. I chose Reign, but then Kaplan blessed me with two 100-coin drops when watching the opening games.

I was so pink. I loved it.

ShortNasty

Dec 15, 2017
Definitely an important week. Been meaning to post these two links for a while. Really drives home the point that society needs to do infinitely better at assisting the community in all aspects. At any rate, hopefully people are having a blessed weekend.

Trans Clothing Closets
And while many people take for granted that they can walk into a store and leave with a garment that reflects how they feel on the inside, it's not so easy for those who identify as transgender or non-binary. Cost and sizing of clothes can be a barrier, as well as stares from other shoppers (or worse), and many dressing rooms are still labeled as strictly male or female, making it awkward to try on new things. With this in mind, a growing number of LGBTQ+ resource centers and universities are opening free clothing closets for trans and gender non-conforming people, giving them a place to explore and express their identities through fashion.

Casa Ruby
Nearly two decades later, Corado is sharing her story on a couch at Casa Ruby, the organization she founded to help queer and trans people around the greater D.C. area. She's 49 now, an age she'd never imagined she would reach.

Her organization is led almost entirely by black and brown trans women. They help people find housing, navigate immigration services or get the medical care they need.

But more than that, the women who run Casa Ruby are a lifeline for the youth in their community, an adoptive network of aunts who help young people avoid the tough lessons they had to face on their own — including the complications that come with pumping.

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
ShortNasty thank you for those links, much appreciated.

Also want to point out as upset as I am myself right now with moderation decisions Mods are not a monolith and Nepenthe is one person (who I actually disagree with more often than not, so not an asskissing post) who's motivation I don't question and while it may not be the same reason they have skin in the struggle and believe in intersectionality and equality being for all. Thanks for the kind words Nepenthe.

Nepenthe

Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
We understand. And you're an awesome person!
ShortNasty thank you for those links, much appreciated.

Also want to point out as upset as I am myself right now with moderation decisions Mods are not a monolith and Nepenthe is one person (who I actually disagree with more often than not, so not an asskissing post) who's motivation I don't question and while it may not be the same reason they have skin in the struggle and believe in intersectionality and equality being for all. Thanks for the kind words Nepenthe.
Thank you both very much!

Nepenthe

Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
We have all been discussing the last thread and airing out our feelings. But please remember I am just one staff member of a larger team, and that we all want to have a forum where our trans members can thrive and feel safe. However this falls, my goal going forward will be to listen to people and helping out in any relevant threads that may flare up to help rebuild any bridges and trust that were lost these past few days.

OP
OP
Kyuuji

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
We have all been discussing the last thread and airing out our feelings. But please remember I am just one staff member of a larger team, and that we all want to have a forum where our trans members can thrive and feel safe. However this falls, my goal going forward will be to listen to people and helping out in any relevant threads that may flare up to help rebuild any bridges and trust that were lost these past few days.
You're good people. Thank you.

OP
OP
Kyuuji

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
This is well worth reading for anybody curious about the trans experience. For many of us, this is just something that we intrinsically know about ourselves. The moment I even considered the possibility that I was trans, it was all over for me (in a good way!). Years of unspoken wishes and uncertain feelings clicked immediately. I finally started to understand myself. That's why it's so important that we normalize being trans, and why we shouldn't shy away from talking about it.
☝️☝️☝️

Just finished watching 3rd season of Atypical in which they shine so much! I'm glad they decided to tell the world, and I'm very proud of them. Also can't wait to see them back on S4 as I'm way too invested in their lesbian awakening storyline, please Netflix don't cancel it tyvm.

Very interesting read indeed. It's so heartwarming to see how the young trans generation has access to so much knowledge and information making it so much easier for them to know how to tell and spread their truth. They don't have to spend years or even decades not being able to put a finger on why something doesn't fit, and so much of their time and energy is saved and can be dedicated to just living their best lives, and that fills me with joy.
I haven't watched any of it yet!! I'm woefully out of date on TV series that aren't the usual network dramas. I peeped this on my twitter though and love the positivity and people finding the comfort and confidence to be themselves. I'll definitely be checking it out once I've finished with Death Stranding, always love something to binge!

Agree wholeheartedly on the trans youth too. I'm so happy for them, and we owe them for using their means and voices to boost the language and awareness even further. Heartwarming. I can't imagine what I'd do with the time back, but it's easy to make peace with that loss seeing people so bold, confident and proud to be young and trans themselves.
Definitely an important week. Been meaning to post these two links for a while. Really drives home the point that society needs to do infinitely better at assisting the community in all aspects. At any rate, hopefully people are having a blessed weekend.

Trans Clothing Closets
Casa Ruby
Thank you for that, and I hope your weekend is going well. I haven't had a chance to read beyond the excerpts but will do so before settling down for the night. Added to the OP.

Melody Shreds

Oct 25, 2017
Terminal Dogma
Thank you, this is heartening to read.

andymoogle

Oct 27, 2017
Trans rights are human rights <3

I am not trans, but I want to say that the trans community here is great. I've learned a lot from you.

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
shoutouts to the numerous trans and nonbinary posters who have taken their time to extensively, patiently talk about these topics on their own time <3

Speely

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Trans rights are human rights, and I am so thankful to the trans community both here on Era and in my "normal" life for teaching me so much about what identity, equality, and empathy mean. I am lucky to live in a world with y'all in it because you've made it bigger and better. <3

Deleted member 19218

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I hope your girlfriend doesn't get a permanent ban, I'm still not quite sure what she did but it didn't seem like she doxxed anyone or leaked some sensitive information about this website. This topic would appear to be a bit of a safe space, people here won't doubt your credibility.