• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Clov

Oct 25, 2017
There is apparently an acephobic staff member who is getting away with being trash and all we get is being told to shut up and move on from cis mods.

Exactly. During trans awareness week of all times, too. They don't like us talking, so they'll probably lock this soon too; despite this literally being related to trans issues.

I'm still honestly taken aback by how poorly this was handled. Maybe I shouldn't be, but I really wanted to have faith that this place would be better. Instead, what we've learned here is that to most of the staff, we don't matter. They can apparently say whatever they want about us behind our backs without consequence, but if we learn about it, that's hacking, and we get permed.

They could have unbanned her, and perhaps the mod who was accused in question could have come forward and offered a sincere apology, or at least an explanation if there's something we've been misunderstanding. Instead, they have chosen themselves over the community that they are supposed to be protecting.

I'm very disappointed and upset with this decision. More of our voices are going to disappear from here because of this, and you all KNEW that, but you chose this anyway. You knew that the reputation of this place would take even more of a hit in the trans community by doing this, and you still chose it. I'm just so disappointed that things have worked out this way.

Oct 25, 2017
These mod responses feel like a really bad idea that's only going to make things worse. As Sibylus notes, they feel like a call for trust that the mods are behaving in a satisfactory manner without any way for regular users to verify that, combined with a lot of dissatisfaction with the mod staff.

Pancoar

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Man been watching this whole thing unfold and this is some straight up bullshit that's happened in here. Yeah how dare the trans community talk about issues, guess it's not the "permitted" or the "right" issues to talk about.

This is what happens when administration starts with a decision and works backwards.

We see you.
Seriously it's plain as day.

Syril

Oct 26, 2017
God, fuck this shit. How do you make two different trans threads in a row about yourselves?

I fucking came out on this forum and it seems like I picked the worst fucking time to. At least I got some fucking discords out of it.

OP
OP
Kyuuji

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
We hope you continue to hold us accountable as mods. We hope more threads on trans issues will be created in the future, and we hope to continue to absorb your feedback to be better in addressing and handling trans issues. But Ketkat, unrelated to any of the above, is banned. And that is final.
How?

Months went by with trans threads being the worst places on the forum for trans people. Then before acknowledging that issue, it's made about the staff and how the upset from trans people being dismissed and insulted through those months has made the staff feel. With zero recognition of what the trans community had gone through. You (broad use) locked the thread made specifically about the trans issues on the forum issue, right after re-enacting them.

I'm lost in part as well, as to how if there was no conversation as Ket described, how you know who she was referring to and how she read the conversation that didn't happen by violating privacy?

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
I still want to hear from the admins on this topic, the staff post doesn't count tbh. I'm just really disappointed that the official response was basically "no more questions, move along" instead of just engaging and talking about it. Who took part in this investigation? What did this thorough investigation entail exactly if not talking to the accused? Why did you not talk to Ketkat about it? How was such a swift decision made before this investigation occurred?

Yukiko™

Oct 25, 2017
The fact that it's a goddamn meme at this point about how awful Era is to trans people and moderation has the gall to ban a super prominent member for barely referencing problematic comments made by a staff member in order to cover their own asses shouldn't be surprising really. Era will keep continuing on to perpetuate the visage of being ultra woke, when really its a bunch of nerdy ass white liberal men that cower the second they personally have to deal with anything that isn't "normal". Trash ass response, trash ass message, and trash ass staff. Go ahead and ban idrc since I barely ever log on anyway.

I'd say you should be ashamed of yourselves but clearly you can't see beyond the shelter of your privileges.

Deffers

Banned
Mar 4, 2018
I'm lost in part as well, as to how if there was no conversation as Ket described, how you know who she was referring to and how she read the conversation that didn't happen by violating privacy?

Well, note, they keep saying "There's no acephobic members of moderation," not "a moderator didn't say acephobic things." They're not acephobic in their hearts, presumably.

If not that, then they could have just said Ketkat lied and banned her. Which they didn't do.

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm honestly confused how anyone could think this is acceptable because if any corporation pulled this we would be dragging them to hell over it

Update: Source of acephobic accusations

sabrina

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
newport beach, CA
There is absolutely no acephobic mod among staff, and the mod post is on behalf of the entire team.
oh man my bad. I thought this guy was on staff here
unknown-3.png

Deffers

Banned
Mar 4, 2018
Imagine what you could have gotten away with saying, Royalan, if you and staff hadn't gone absolutely bugfuck on this one.

Yukiko™

Oct 25, 2017
There is absolutely no acephobic mod among staff, and the mod post is on behalf of the entire team.

prove it or shut the fuck up

you're clearly not fooling anyone so why bother acting like it. Congrats on silencing and causing multiple very prominent members of the community to finally leave. You've won so cut the patronizing bullshit.

Deffers

Banned
Mar 4, 2018
"Now, when Ketkat was talking about me, and me specifically, and nobody else but me, all of staff had my back and KNEW she had to go. Unanimous consent. You can trust me."

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
Id have thought with all the mafia players on the mods staff yall would be better about this kind of disingenuous bullshit

Ellyshia

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, I said it would take a miracle to make me post again, but there it is.

It'd be hilarious if that's what Ket was referring to cause someone saw that and sent it her way and it had nothing to do with private discords at all.

OP
OP
Kyuuji

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
The person telling us to hold them responsible while simultaneously locking the thread on trans issues after not even acknowledging them.. is the acephobic person the now-permanently banned Ketkat mentioned in her post expressing frustration over the staff response?

Come the fuck on..

Deffers

Banned
Mar 4, 2018
The person telling us to hold them responsible while simultaneously locking the thread on trans issues after not even acknowledging them.. is the acephobic person the now-permanently banned Ketkat mentioned in their post expressing frustration over the staff response?

Come the fuck on..
I'm not sure what they were expecting, but holy fucking shit, what a joke. Like, this is clownshoes.

Well, don't worry, Royalan, we'll keep on keeping you accountable.

CharMomone

Oct 27, 2017
If you want accountability maybe you shouldn't hide moderation actions behind anonymity, make a public event log page which shows all the moderation actions by which moderator that does such action, and not have a group shared mod bot ala gaf to hide behind. Facepunch, an old now defunct forums did this to much success.

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It much be so hard to go about your daily lives without the ability to be ace/transphobic in private. Poor people

Clov

Oct 25, 2017
I just can't believe they've chosen this mod, and the right of staff to say hateful things in private, over us as a community. Even permed one of the most well regarded members of the community because of them. This is what they believe is more valuable than us.

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no
I was going to respond to that "accountability" comment, but I think I'll just see how "holding staff accountable" plays out in real time for a sec.

God, fuck this shit. How do you make two different trans threads in a row about yourselves?

I fucking came out on this forum and it seems like I picked the worst fucking time to. At least I got some fucking discords out of it.

I'm sorry to hear that, Syril. But I'm glad you have the Discords!