• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deffers

Banned
Mar 4, 2018
New page repost, 'cos it's... oh, it's very important. Hey, Kyuuji, you mind threadmarking the original appearance of this hot take, too?

unknown-3.png

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
It doesn't exactly instill much faith in the mod discussion if one is still coming into this thread and talking about "hacking". I want to take mod posting in good faith but as always: not the way to do it.

(EDIT: just saw the image too and: seriously?)

Official Staff Communication
This is being posted on behalf of the team:

Ketkat has been banned for violating a safe space for minorities in a private channel on a staff server, a channel that has very limited access and the expectation of privacy. We have investigated this thoroughly over the past few days, and that she did this is not in dispute. In fact, it confirms a pattern that had been suspected for a long time.

There is no question that Ketkat understood the importance of privacy in safe spaces, as she has championed this herself, a fact that makes this breach all the more frustrating and sad.

The entire staff was given an opportunity to weigh in on this case over the past few days. In light of the violation of their privacy, many expressed that they would not feel comfortable or safe volunteering here if such intrusions were tolerated. For this reason, the ban has been made permanent. This decision was not and could not have been made without careful consideration and large consensus.

Fighting transphobia is an entirely separate issue that we care about deeply. We spend a lot of time and energy on this and are always working to improve our moderation on this subject, including through sincere feedback from our community. This is something that will never change. We would like to thank the many of you in the trans community who have reached out to offer your understanding and support.

Certain individuals have been persistently trying to hijack this thread to fight a ban. Despite the pain it has caused our volunteers, we have been more than patient with the animosity in some of those posts. The decision is now final and it's time to move on. Not everyone is going to be happy with that, and that's okay. Excessive vitriol, however, will be moderated.

Please return to the important topic of trans awareness week.

So, regardless of Ketkat's ban, it seems no criticism of those guidelines and how they were posted is going to be listened to either, then? Because this is doubling down on all of that too.

Last edited:

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Its important to continue to point out that this community was founded in to be more open on things like the processes. You have an entire community who is now in fear and you choose to say shut up and get back to trans issues. If you arent going to listen to an entire community that what is the point of this site? I love the community here but I'm honestly fucking done if there is no response

Kangi

Profile Styler
Oct 25, 2017
Ah the wonderful, constant reminders that "allies" will sell you out for a pinch of cornbread. Just what we all needed.

Emmaginary

Self-requested ban
Aug 13, 2019
oh man my bad. I thought this guy was on staff here
unknown-3.png

SW8B.gif

You mods and admins planned this omnishambles with KetKat to teach everybody a... memorable lesson for tomorrow (which is International Transgender Day of Remembrance), right?

In a minute her (fake) ban is going to be lifted and you all + she will appear in a fresh thread to talk about the implitations of trans voices being silenced, or something...? And we'll all have cake.

That's the plan right?

There's no way the optics could be this far off by design. This *has* to all be staged.

/s

And it actually is International Transgender Day of Remembrance now.

Yeah... A day before the day about remembering the fallen victims of transphobic we are having to fight for transparency due to a pillar of our community being shadily banned for speaking up in a thread about the administration's handling of transphobic for the last several months.

Last edited:

Deleted member 2669

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is a good time to mention that Xaszatm, an ace person, got his thread on trans issues locked by acephobe Royalan. Un-fucking-believable.

Tenumi

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
Well, this has been disheartening to follow. I don't know what to say that hasn't already been said.

I hoped to start posting more, but frankly I don't really feel like it's worth it now, in both safety and personal interest.

Clov

Oct 25, 2017
I imagine they want to just lock the thread but then they also want to contain all of the shit they dont want seen in here

Probably with some post about, "This isn't about trans issues anymore!", Which really means "These aren't the trans issues we want you to be talking about!" Maybe a fresh set of bans for "hacking".

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no
Well, this has been disheartening to follow. I don't know what to say that hasn't already been said.

I hoped to start posting more, but frankly I don't really feel like it's worth it now, in both safety and personal interest.

The Era Discords are generally supportive, if that helps! I know it's hard to find a good, trans-inclusive space, but I haven't seen one that's been transphobic.

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
Unless there's a quick reversal of course and accountability to be had, I think I'm done with this forum, at this point. The administration has demonstrated no willingness beyond empty lip service to improve... any... aspect. These problems have been top-down since the forum's launch.

Royalan, perhaps you should take notes: as gay people we have to stand in solidarity with all members of the umbrella, or else it doesn't function. Dismissing or measuring against others' oppression makes it clear you're in the repugnant "fuck you, got mine" camp of gay man-children clutching at their tenuous privilege.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
I'll be shocked if this thread isn't locked by tomorrow with no improvement for anything. They can't fix this for the same reason the problem was caused in the first place. They can't see beyond themselves. Any perceived slight against them gets far more precedence than anything else.

I don't think there's active transphobia or acephobia, but it's still bigotry if you're called out for an hurtful action on good faith and your response is the biggest "fuck you" you can exercise. Putting your own ego above any concern of others is where a lot of bigotry comes from, and I believe that's what's happening here.

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, I'm glad that I was able to make a Discord for all the people I met here, because there's a lot of good friends I've gathered.

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'll be shocked if this thread isn't locked by tomorrow with no improvement for anything. They can't fix this for the same reason the problem was caused in the first place. They can't see beyond themselves. Any perceived slight against them gets far more precedence than anything else.

I don't think there's active transphobia or acephobia, but it's still bigotry if you're called out for an hurtful action on good faith and your response is the biggest "fuck you" you can exercise. Putting your own ego above any concern of others is were a lot of bigotry comes from, and I believe that's what's happening here.

It's the same exact thing that happened with a bunch of the left youtubers who are more concerned with defending their friends than being allies

Lundren

Oct 27, 2017
I can't believe he had the nerve to say this when he locked the last thread.

Personally, the idea that someone who was not supposed to have access to our private conversations had access makes me uncomfortable, and that has nothing to do with fear of being "outed" as a secret bigot.

Robin

Restless Insomniac
Oct 25, 2017
To make matters more wild, the content and moderator Ketkat was referencing was not Royalan.

I'd rather not get my account banned but that's the first time I or Ketkat have seen that post but I think that's important information to dessect which is why I'm putting myself on the line.

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
To make matters more wild, the content and moderator Ketkat was referencing was not Royalan.

I'd rather not get my account banned but that's the first time I or Ketkat have seen that post but I think that's important information to dessect which is why I'm putting myself on the line.

Why am I not surprised

With so many people the chances of any accountability are extremely low.

Deleted member 2669

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Because of course it's even worse.

Oligarchenemy

Oct 25, 2017

Jesus 😕

This place sucks.

Scheris

Oct 27, 2017

Honestly this doesn't surprise me after everything that's come out today. Just another thing to add to the list.

Pancoar

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Man this shit is just getting even worse. Of course it is. Also thanks for sharing this, even at the risk of a possible ban.

Oct 26, 2017

Jeez, this is disappointing.