• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Apr 24, 2018
It's turned on by default if the game supports it, but not all do. You can check by right clicking the game in your Library and going to properties, click the update tab, and Steam Cloud should be the last option. I believe SC supports cloud saves, but it's always good to double check.
Perfect - thank you!

EDIT:

I fully understand the desire to disable automatic updates (I used to do the same thing), but I'm not too fussed about any built-in apps or telemetry. Cortana isn't available in my region so I've never had to disable it personally.

You can browse all your Steam Clouds here, in case you don't have access to the client or don't have the game installed:

store.steampowered.com

Sign In

My thanks to you as well!

Last edited:

XR.

Nov 22, 2018
https://github.com/Sycnex/Windows10Debloater - I used a script like this and it removes a lot of the built in apps, dumb games and some services that aren't necessary. The script can also be reverted very easily too in case people want to go back.

I also install Classic Shell (Open Shell as someone else took over the development) because I prefer the old-school start menu, even though most people are fine with the W10 start menu.
Automatic updates, Cortana, and generally trying to find and get rid of stuff that fucks with my data in ways I don't want it to get fucked with.
I fully understand the desire to disable automatic updates (I used to do the same thing), but I'm not too fussed about any built-in apps or telemetry. Cortana isn't available in my region so I've never had to disable it personally.

Stupid question: Does Steam automatically create cloud saves for games? I've gone through nearly all of Trails in the Sky SC on my old computer (which is on its deathbed, anyways) which I won't bother updating to Windows 10. I have a newer laptop that has Windows 10 pre-installed that I'm hoping to finish the game on.
You can browse all your Steam Clouds here, in case you don't have access to the client or don't have the game installed:

store.steampowered.com

Sign In

Deleted member 9932

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Windows 10 is too heavy for one of my work desktops. I like how microsoft solution is "buy a new computer, let us help you" lol

CatDoggo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's looking like the final update may have either intentionally or unintentionally broke desktop backgrounds. After the update, the background defaults to a black one and it appears that you can now only use the default backgrounds because trying to set one from your files doesn't work. People are saying the only way to fix it is to use a restore point to go back before the update is installed. Kind of a jerk move on Microsoft's part to mess up backgrounds on the way out, if this was intentional.