• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Truant

Oct 28, 2017
Forget Game of Thrones. This is my jam. YouTube cooking shows. I've always been interested in food and YouTube has helped me become a pretty decent home cook. I can pretty much cook a restaurant-quality meal for my friends and family without really knowing a recipe, just by learning techniques and base recipes from YouTube.

So, with that in mind, show me your favorite YouTube cooking/food channels. I'm not gonna include huge channels like BonAppetit, Babish or SeriousEats, because everybody knows them already.

1. Chef Clayton Chapman

This is one of the most underrated channels (food or otherwise) on YouTube. This dude is super talented and very likable. I like a show that doesn't just focus on recipes, but also techniques, pantry prep and so on.

2. The Townsends

Bit of a weird one, but I love this channel. It's basically a show that deals with 18th century lifestyle and cooking. They make old-ass recipes from the civil war, medieval europe and much more, using the same ingredients and techniques as they did back then. It's really interesting to see how certain things have remained the same for hundreds of years, and how people still enjoyed a lot of the same stuff we eat today.

3. Food Wishes

https://youtu.be/2QuVUjCyWbU

Probably the most well known in this list, but I'm gonna include it because Chef John is awesome. This guy has taught me so much about basic cooking, using tried and true french techniques and base recipes that will benefit your cooking immensely. He's also pretty funny in an awkward dad-humor kinda way (the joke at the start of the above video is a good example). See if you like it. After all, you are the Tom Cruise of which cooking channel to use.

uzipukki

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's Alive with Brad on Bon Appetits channel.

Oct 25, 2017
On more of the entertainment level, you should check out Bon Appetit's gourmet makes. They basically get a pastry chef to make gourmet versions of snacks like kit kats, cheetos, etc.
Awesome stuff. I don't really bake but it's fascinating to see the techniques she uses

btags

Oct 26, 2017
Gaithersburg MD
I feel like it is sort of well known, but SORTEDfood on youtube is fun if you are looking for something that is more entertaining rather than focused on teaching you cooking stuff (not that they don't do that, but I wouldn't say it is the focus of their channel).

Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty big on Binging with Babish. Of all the cooking shows I've watched, his are usually the ones that i get the most mileage from. I've cooked lots of tasty stuff thanks to him. I think one of my favorite episdoes is when he recreated a lot of foods used in Always Sunny in Philedelphia and its just a really fun episode.

I've also been really big on How to Drink, which, while not cooking, is a fun cocktail show and the guy who does it has some crazy fun charisma. Right now he's doing a Game of Thrones inspired series for as long as the final season is running and the drink look pretty tasty.

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
Shout outs to Grandpa Kitchen

Not quite as instructional as others, but still a joy to watch him and his family make copious amounts of food for local orphans.

grang

Nov 13, 2017
Chef John, Bon Appetit, and Binging with Babish are all great

Gonna throw Bruno Albouze out there, he does a lot of traditional homestyle French dishes, some pretty exceptional desserts, baking, and some basics (stocks, techniques, etc).

Oct 25, 2017
Another few quick cause I can only do two at a time recommendations. You Suck at Cooking is hilarious and simple recipes literally anyone can do. This is one of the more complicated ones, even that is pretty easy tbh

And while he's not on any specific cooking show, Matty Matheson is a loud, big, tattooed guy that makes delicious food. he recently came out with a great cookbook and I'd say look him up on youtube, there's a bunch with him. While maybe a bit late in the season for a french onion soup, he's got a great recipe I ended up incorporating parts of into my own and it was one of the tastiest things I've ever eaten.

Shedinja

Nov 30, 2017
I've made (and enjoyed) a few of Seonkyoung Longest's recipes.

Cooking videos make up a big part of my YouTube watch history. Not just the instructional ones, but fun ones like Buzzfeed's series where they challenge a chef to make a 3-course meal with a household appliance. Here's the one where she used a coffee maker.

1000 Needles

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
Full disclosure - the creator of this series is my best friend from childhood, but I'd love the show regardless:

Hilah Cooking - focused on easy recipes. Not too complicated. Great to learn from.

https://www.youtube.com/user/hilahcooking

Here's an early one.

I, i'm going to be honest, from time to time i find myself hoping Hilah is doing good because damn some of those older episodes were really like "hope everything's alright with her"

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
Maangchi
Cooking with Dog
Souped Up Recipes
Hot Thai Kitchen
Food Wishes

Deleted member 9305

Oct 26, 2017
Love these channels and made many of their recipes with stellar results:

Scrumdiddlyumptious

Get Curried

Taste, The Chinese Recipes Show

Munchies

pinkurocket

Oct 26, 2017
Joy of Baking is by far my most favourite baking channel. The host is amazing. She's been doing this since 2011!
The recipes are superb, and she explains everything in great detail (like measurements both in weight and volume like cups etc). There's no flashy youtuber shenanigans, it's to the point and even when I don't bake much, I enjoy watching her videos for that homely feel. Here's a recent video of something I actually tried to make, and it was so good.

Marshall

Oct 27, 2017
On more of the entertainment level, you should check out Bon Appetit's gourmet makes. They basically get a pastry chef to make gourmet versions of snacks like kit kats, cheetos, etc.
Awesome stuff. I don't really bake but it's fascinating to see the techniques she uses

I came here to post this. Claire is awesome.

TojoT

Oct 30, 2017
Some good suggestions in here. I'm a fan of food wishes, which has been mentioned.

I don't think Adam Liaw has been mentioned yet. I've been cooking a lot of East/SE Asian lately and his Buldak (fire chicken) recipe has become a favourite.