• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thisismadness

Oct 25, 2017
I just read about all the changes and got pretty hyped for all the new stuff being added. Nothing immediately stands out in the beta site.. so what functionality is being removed?

Oct 25, 2017
Only thing this forum really needs is more active moderators and admins. They don't ban enough people. They should be averaging 3 to 5 bans per hour.

Snoshado

Oct 27, 2017
Reno, NV
Mods have been adressed concers over a month in it's beta thread. I dunno why y'all ignored it till now...

I'm sitting here wondering the same thing, lol.

It's like a large number of users on here don't pay attention and instead blindly complain about things that have already been covered. There's an entire thread about Era 2.0 with answers to tons of questions and concerns in this thread.

Deleted member 47843

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Sep 16, 2018
Pretty skeptical of the change from the video etc. But I plan on cutting back online time anyway so maybe this will help if I end up disliking he change as this is the last forum I spend any real time on.

Meows

Oct 28, 2017

It's like a large number of users on here don't pay attention and instead blindly complain about things that have already been covered. There's an entire thread about Era 2.0 with answers to tons of questions and concerns in this thread.
I agree. They've had over a month to say something and chose to be silent. Sucks to suck!

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
The admins should just leave the forum software stagnant for a decade and only update it a week after the entire user base flocks away en masse for another, superior forum.

What's a "superior" forum tho ?
The quality of a forum is made by his design and its people, not by some useless gimmicks no one asked for.

Sweeney Swift

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#IStandWithTaylor

In fairness, it would help if the thread addressing this was sticky'd for easy access right before the update, like when we get an alert notification that it's coming. The thread was originally made like a month ago, I don't blame people for forgetting

FTF

Oct 28, 2017
New York
What, why get rid of the choice to use legacy???

I love legacy theme :(

Edit: reading the new site thread now, I'll miss legacy.

Last edited:

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
Come on man. I think the criticism is more than justified to be honest.
Constructive criticism, sure, I completely agree. But that's not what's going on in here, at least that I've seen. It's just complaining to complain. The changes are coming, people will need to just give it time to grow on them. If it doesn't and it becomes chaotic, I have to believe they'll look into it.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, but you need to log in

Constructive criticism, sure, I completely agree. But that's not what's going on in here, at least that I've seen. It's just complaining to complain because the changes are coming, people will need to just give it time to grow on them. If it doesn't and it becomes chaotic, I have to believe they'll look into it.
There has been plenty of constructive criticism in here, come on

Deleted member 7130

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The video shows we still get that succulent dark theme so I don't care. Bring on 2.0 or however many numerical values you want.

VeryHighlander

The Fallen
May 9, 2018
Am I really the only one that's just happy the way things are and don't exactly like relearning how to use this forum 3 times a year?

thefro

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like the beta site doesn't have the width issues that the "NightEra" theme has, so I'm good.

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
So we agree that the forum will be better when the software is updated and some more people are gone. Cool.

Nope.
The design of the forum is good, no need to change it. I don't care about the "software", don't fix it if it ain't broke.
And saying that it'll be better is some people leave because of stupid design choice is absolutely not a thing to say imo.

-PyramidSong

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Argentina
Best theme ever. Rest, my princess
giphy.gif

Octavia Melody

Alt-Account
Banned
Nov 30, 2018
What a weird thing to say, because I don't feel ignored at all.

With the amount of posts you have, it would be hard to ignore you!

The admins should just leave the forum software stagnant for a decade and only update it a week after the entire user base flocks away en masse for another, superior forum.

This is gonna be what, the 3rd significant update and the place is barely 1 year old.

I get that software is designed to be updated but you don't need to have the newest model of everything, that just gets expensive and bothers users.

Oct 25, 2017
Nope.
The design of the forum is good, no need to change it. I don't care about the "software", don't fix it if it ain't broke.
And saying that it'll be better is some people leave because of stupid design choice is absolutely not a thing to say imo.
There is a need to change it. The changes are things many people asked for and will improve the user experience. And the less people sitting around whining about changes made to free shit, the better.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Farewell, entire post per screen on mobile. Hello, unnecessary top bar that's stalking me, and lots of extra padding.

Oct 25, 2017
With the amount of posts you have, it would be hard to ignore you!

This is gonna be what, the 3rd significant update and the place is barely 1 year old.

I get that software is designed to be updated but you don't need to have the newest model of everything, that just gets expensive and bothers users.
The amount of posts you have, it's easy to ignore you because you haven't been here long enough to have a credible opinion on this particular subject.

Don't bother lying and saying you've been lurking for months because I won't believe you.

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
There is a need to change it. The changes are things many people asked for and will improve the user experience. And the less people sitting around whining about changes made to free shit, the better.

Free doesn't mean it can evade critiscm.
Yeah, some people asked for this on a thread that kind of went under the radar for the majority of the people using this site.
Just look at this thread and tell me people are happy about the changes. And that's just a thread, believe me, when the new version roll in, there's going to be a lot of backfire.

Deleted member 20295

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Manchester, UK

Octavia Melody

Alt-Account
Banned
Nov 30, 2018
Only thing this forum really needs is more active moderators and admins. They don't ban enough people. They should be averaging 3 to 5 bans per hour.

So we agree that the forum will be better when the software is updated and some more people are gone. Cool.

Yikes, what is your problem? Why are you shilling so hard? Holy hell...

Now, I am of course definitely going to go with whatever decisions the staff makes but most of us are rightfully annoyed.

AlteredBeast

Don't Watch the Tape!
Oct 27, 2017
I didn't know we were losing Legacy ERA :(

I hate, hate, hate change. The new stuff better not be an abomination like the last time they tried this...

Status
Not open for further replies.