• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Zutroy

Oct 25, 2017
Tonight at 11pm GMT the United Kingdom is officially leaving the EU.

Fuck Nigel Farage. Fuck Boris Johnson. Fuck small minded Brits.

I'll miss you my European friends!

Have a nice day! 🙃

🇬🇧👫🇪🇺

DrBillRiverman

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
England
There's going to be a lot of Smug boomers today talking about how this is our "Independence Day"
Insufferable.
Still, the inevitable has come to pass, hopefully things don't become royally fucked.

Oct 28, 2017
tenor1xkej.gif

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am surprised they actually made it go through. For a while there it seemed like they were just going to spend a decade arguing over the terms and delaying the exit.

What ended up being the final agreement? What happens to the border with Ireland? Are Scotland and Wales still sticking around?

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
My local is going to be full of insufferable cunts tonight.

I'll be honest I legitimately thought that when we went through three rejected Theresa May deals last year we stood an outside chance of having the whole thing called off.

Hope the gamble for re-election was worth it Cameron you absolute turd.

HazySaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
West Yorkshire, UK
Just feel sick TBH, feel like a part of my identity has been ripped away from me.

Sorry EU friends, please believe me when I say we're not all ignorant and small minded. Plenty of us don't want this.

Snarfington

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Millions of people are having rights and identities they were born with taken away from them against their will and we get to watch cunts wave little flags to celebrate it, and everyone is just kinda shrugging and resigned to it at best.

Fuck them. This is a very sad day that I hope to reverse in my lifetime.

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It feels awful and the hangover is going to last until the end of this year too. We're out, but nothing changes until Jan 1.
Fucking gross feeling in my stomach

liquidtmd

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I live in the North West, UK

Desperately sad, but it needs to come to pass. I've fought and fought against it, talking to people, pushing for a second ref, learning and following every piece that outlined how compromised the referendum was along with the negative effects...but fuck it. People need to see the effects at this point so we may somehow get over this shitty populism dominated period.

Slow decline awaits, with a drop at the end of the transition period.

Fuck Boris Johnson for being a compromised twat, fuck Jeremy Corbyn for being an ineffective twat who didn't like the EU anyway, fuck Jo Swinson for not doing more to avoid the slide to a GE in November and fuck our social and normal media overlords for allowing a slide into cyber McCarthyism that enabled this.

EU friends - I will always love and believe in the European project

PSOreo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A dark day for us. Honestly fuck David Cameron for lighting the fuse.

Fuck Nigel Farage. Fuck Boris Johnson. Fuck their cronies and anyone who remotely helps or enables them. Finally fuck the small minded Brits that let fear and misinformation warp their minds.

Chas Hodges

Nov 7, 2017
I am surprised they actually made it go through. For a while there it seemed like they were just going to spend a decade arguing over the terms and delaying the exit.

What ended up being the final agreement? What happens to the border with Ireland? Are Scotland and Wales still sticking around?
None of this has been organised. The rough agreement says if things aren't settled by the end of 2020 we leave with nothing on all fronts.

Well done to all involved.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017

This is just the beginning, not the ending. UK is technically out of the EU, but it's still tied to TONS of regulations that the UK will be bemoaning for years.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Just waiting to go under for surgery so hopefully the after effects of the anaesthetic will have me out of it and sleeping for most of this shitshow.

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
This happening on the same day that the impeachment trial is reaching its zenith is proof that the Anglo-American world are two sides of the same coin.

KingSnake

Oct 25, 2017
There aren't many things that will be different yet, right?

You're still here for the next 11 months from my point of view.

Rory

Oct 25, 2017
Despite not living in UK, it feels to me like part of my identity is taken too.

The first exit from EU. Will the European Union crumble? Other states follow?

I have always seen myself as European (yeah, I know. Brits will remain "European" but you get what I mean. United under one flag.) first.

You can't just stop being European. This seems so irritating and unfair. It should be birthright...

Koukalaka

Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Despite not living in UK, it feels to me like part of my identity is taken too.

The first exit from EU. Will the European Union crumble? Other states follow? I have always seen myself as European (yeah, I know. Brits will remain European but you get what I mean. United under one flag.) first. You can't just stop being European.

Nah, if anything the EU is safer because of this. Most far right parties in Europe suddenly became very quiet about leaving the EU....

Lord Hypnos

Oct 31, 2017
UK
Truly a sad day. Feels like these regressive arseholes have stolen part of my identity and now I'm stuck with little Englanders and pub politics.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Sorry for UK people here. I have family there so I have a pretty good idea how much ass it will suck.

Do what you can until you get those Tories out of power.

Oct 28, 2017
This happening on the same day that the impeachment trial is reaching its zenith is proof that the Anglo-American world are two sides of the same coin.

Guy Fawkes was hung, drawn and quartered 413 years ago today. 185 years ago today a man fires a pistol at President Jackson but the firearm misfires. 155 years ago the US abolishes slavery.

Meaning? Who is to say...?

Benjamin1981

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Nothing really changes till January 1st next year. That day has way more importance than than today/tomorrow.

Good luck, global Britain. You'll need it.

Excuse me

Oct 30, 2017
I wonder what these bozos will do. Seems like Torys are hell bent on following US (well, thats been the case since Thatcher).

I guess corporates will get huge tax cuts in order to attract new investments and jobs. Dailymail has been going on and on about knife attacks in london so it would seem UK needs private prison industry as well and that will be accompanied by harsher prison sentences. And envoirmental protection will stop so UK can cut EU prices in manufacturing.

I hope Scotland at least would try to vote for their freedom once again. So all wouldn't be lost.

Oct 27, 2017
Ah well. Let's see what political horrors the transition period brings but other than that, we don't have much choice but to see how it goes.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully the first day of the new, Great British Empire. The EU will rue the day they let loose their prisoner, for now they face a great competitor just on their doorstep and Britannia does not forget or forgive.
I assume this will also spell the end of the European project itself.

Engell

Oct 28, 2017
like a horror film where someone goes to explore the dungeon all alone... Good luck

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
I'll be avoiding any and all news today, the mere mention of it makes my blood boil. I am looking forward to correcting people who proudly state "see, everything's fine" from tomorrow when nothing has actually happened, so there's that.

If Britain leaves Europe is it even still on a continent?
No, we've taken back control of the atlas. We are a continent in and of ourself, as has clearly always been the case. *plays Rule Britannia*

Sheentak

Oct 25, 2017
As a half French person who lives in London I hope this brings incredible suffering to the UK. Hey ill suffer too but atleast I can be smug about it.