• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Pooh

Oct 25, 2017
The Hundred Acre Wood
1. "DADDY, you promised you would make me president!"
2. Trump announces he is naming Ivanka as "acting president"
3. Fox News says "there's nothing in the constitution that says he can't do that, that's his right as president!"
4. GOP furrows their eyebrows, but does nothing

Caz

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
This is literally never happening.
Never underestimate the stupidity of people willing to normalize yet another political dynasty birthed from an aberration of a subhuman trash heap. Or thirsty white men who think "she purty".

Let's not forget than even supposed liberals, progressives, etc. have praised her for being "the Sensible Trumpet™" and have gone to great lengths to cast her as someone more appealing than "the daughter of a bigot with a famous name who was/is complicit in his various bigoted policies, statements, etc.", or that Trump himself is very popular with the GOP. Like it or not (for the record, I hate the idea of a Trump dynasty even more than I normally hate political dynasties), there is a non-zero chance she'll run for the White House.
At least she is more liberal/left leaning than her father.
This is exactly what i'm talking about: A rock is more liberal/left-leaning than Trump. Who the hell cares if she's "more liberal than Trump" when that means she's still going to, in all likelihood, run on the GOP ticket and sign conservative legislation into office? Just because she doesn't say out loud that she hates Mexicans doesn't somehow make her any more noteworthy than any other potential GOP woman candidate.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
She is native born, over 35, and has lived here for at least 14 years. She also has had experience in politics. If the last presidential election has taught me anything, it is that anyone can become the president of the United States. Who knows, maybe she will end up being the first female president. I don't want her as president mind you, but of course it could happen. At any rate, some in the legal sector could make the case that she is more qualified to run than say, Ted Cruz due to the whole native/naturalization thing. I still wouldn't want either of them though.

You have a little ring rust but I have to admit, when it comes to your shtick, you still got it.

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The sad thing is that most Republicans who voted for her only voted for Trump because they loved Ivanka. So I can see a repeat situation here.

Mar Tuuk

Oct 31, 2017
I still have this meme from after the election. Let's see if it stays a joke.
NdynO5F.jpg

sph3re

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Donald Trump, a reality show star and mediocre businessman was elected president of the United States in 2016.

It's definitely possible.

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
With who? The religious right? The same religious right that voted for quite possibly the least religious man to run for president?

I'm always confused by this. The Right always seems to be about repressing women's rights, so I'm never sure how it would be a Big Win for them to put a woman in charge. But... I guess they can find a way to hate and fear women becoming powerful while still voting one in as POTUS?

samoyed

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm always confused by this. The Right always seems to be about repressing women's rights, so I'm never sure how it would be a Big Win for them to put a woman in charge. But... I guess they can find a way to hate and fear women becoming powerful while still voting one in as POTUS?
And white women still vote Republican, can't expect consistency or logic from them.

Only that whatever your worst nightmare is, they will make it happen.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Tell you what though, she can definitely rally the support of myriad white young to middle aged FB and Instagram obsessed women who want to be her.

It is amazing just how well she has kept herself hidden away from controversies as her papa makes a ton of noise whilst successfully selling her brand and herself as the embodiment of an "empowered woman".

So yes, I can most definitely see her running and then winning. "Right person for the right job" has become more irrelevant than ever courtesy of current administration; it is a matter of deep pockets, right connections, popularity and loyalty now.

madstarr12

Jan 25, 2018
Shes probably running for the Republican nomination after D. Trump is gone......

.....if he leaves. Lol.

Oct 27, 2017

I mean this is the same group of people who will constantly tell you that the democrats were the slaveowners and they were the party of Lincoln and then argue that the civil war wasn't about slavery and the south had a point.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
There will definitely be a race between Kim Kardashian and Ivanka Trump for the presidency at some point in the future.