• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Kyuuji

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
really? oh, cool, now i feel validated and energized

hey OP hear that, i'm regular, and you're fuckin WEIRDO

but i feel you, i've had a fucked up left knee since i was a kid and sometimes it gets really weak and trembly
Could you pass me that thing from the top shelf? I'd jump up there but my knee is shot.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
Yeh but you should see me hunt.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
Had to read that title a few times. Dang, I'm sorry to hear that.

Last edited:

Onebadlion

Oct 27, 2017
God creates dinosaurs. God destroys dinosaurs. God creates man. Man destroys God. Man creates dinosaurs. Man walks like dinosaurs. Man destroys knees.

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
DCnYeuB.gif

Gakidou

Oct 30, 2017
pip pip cheerio fish & chips
Forefoot strikers are not uncommon, in fact a bunch of elite runners are forefoot or midfoot strikers. There was a fad a few years back pushing people to switch to forefoot. Barefoot/minimalist sneakers tend to be forefoot strikers.

Possibly related: I can walk on lego no problem, when I was a kid I even used to walk carefully below a holly tree in my backyard barefoot, like with all the spiky fallen leaves. Probably wouldn't do that now mind.

Deleted member 18742

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PT would probably fix that. You probably have limited ankle mobility and probably fucked up a muscle or tendon behind the knee. Could be a multitude of problems.

edgefusion

Oct 27, 2017
I'm the same way Kyuuji I learnt to walk on tippy-toes before flat-foot for some reason and then kind of carried on that way throughout childhood. In adulthood it has translated into a sort of preference for walking that way when going up inclines. My knees are fine though, sorry.

laminated

Oct 28, 2017
I gave myself chronic neck issues when I head banged in middle school to Guns n' Roses. So it wasn't even a heavy band like Megadeth or whatever. Stupid stupid stupid. Now near the age of 40, I had an MRI done and it revealed a degenerative C6. lol stupid stupid stupid.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Unless you were doing this all day every day for like years I doubt this is the reason your knees are fucked up.

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
Sometimes I wonder if I've entered the Twilight Zone when I'm on this site.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
I came into this thread thinking the OP worked as a Velociraptor Puppeteer for a Walking With Dinosaurs style show/experience and being in such a weird position for hours on end ruined his knees.

giphy.gif

spookyduzt

Drive-In Mutant
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's ok op, I have messed up wrists cause I played Trespasser too much.

6a77736c-fd7d-44e0-a7efkf3.gif

OP
OP
Kyuuji

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Sometimes I wonder if I've entered the Twilight Zone when I'm on this site.
IDI5wUj.png
d4ab219c-3bac-ad42-af6e-a14ad72bd28a

I'm the same way Kyuuji I learnt to walk on tippy-toes before flat-foot for some reason and then kind of carried on that way throughout childhood. In adulthood it has translated into a sort of preference for walking that way when going up inclines. My knees are fine though, sorry.
I gave myself chronic neck issues when I head banged in middle school to Guns n' Roses. So it wasn't even a heavy band like Megadeth or whatever. Stupid stupid stupid. Now near the age of 40, I had an MRI done and it revealed a degenerative C6. lol stupid stupid stupid.
That's rough, and all for Guns n' Roses as you say. Hope that eases up.

TIL that the area near the toes is called BALLS

wtf English
This got me lol.

KDR_11k

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
I got drop foot, basically makes me walk like that but it's an orthopedic issue.

Sadire

ā–² Legend ā–²
Oct 31, 2017
I've been doing the exact same thing, it helps to keep quiet around the house.
I'm fucked right?

Randam

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
You mean walking on your tiptoes?

But what has that to do with your knees now?
Your physio noticed it, OK.. But did she say that was the reason for your knee problems?

And I'm pretty sure I only use my tiptoes too when going up stairs.

XDevil666

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Got a video of you doing it OP? It's 2019 you want to be a Velociraptor, then you be a Velociraptor OP

Oct 26, 2017
Appalachia
Some guy on YouTube who does Medieval lifestyle videos was going on one time that humans actually naturally walk more on the balls of their feet, but shoes and hard floors have changed our gait to avoid strain. Interesting if true!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Kyuuji

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
She asked if it was alright to write it down on the formal notes and it was pretty funny seeing her try to keep a straight face.

You mean walking on your tiptoes?

But what has that to do with your knees now?
Your physio noticed it, OK.. But did she say that was the reason for your knee problems?

And I'm pretty sure I only use my tiptoes too when going up stairs.
My old physiotherapist was Chris Pratt so I have issues trusting them.

It's more that it's been triggering and irritating something else, causing a nice chunk of pain every so often after having more sedentary working weeks or long travel. It was just a pretty face-in-hands moment when I realised and caused a good amount of laughter with the women there. It's just some stupid thing that thankfully can be fixed with a few specific exercises over time. The good news is there's no sign of other knee issues.

Though I'll miss my weekends driving out to the forest to run free. I see humans run and I can't relate.

Mar 29, 2018
It's insane how much physiological shit hits you when you approach/pass 30, based entirely on shit you dig when you're like 8-15

Everyone ever should go to a physio when they hit 16 and take a bunch of advice for the rest of their life

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
When I was a kid, I would headbutt people.

I don't know what that did, but it can't have been good.

SJRB

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
After Jurassic Park me and a friend made fake velociraptor claws from cardboard, used a rubber band to clip it to our feet and walked the EXACT SAME WAY as you, OP.

You're not alone! Except for the knee injury though, no problems there.

GS_Dan

Oct 30, 2017
Weird. We used to play as raptors too, but years later Wii Fit said my centre of balance was too far back.
Maybe I was a shit dino.

OP
OP
Kyuuji

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
After Jurassic Park me and a friend made fake velociraptor claws from cardboard, used a rubber band to clip it to our feet and walked the EXACT SAME WAY as you, OP.

You're not alone! Except for the knee injury though, no problems there.
I am humbled. That's one of the coolest things I've read.
Thank you.
It's insane how much physiological shit hits you when you approach/pass 30, based entirely on shit you dig when you're like 8-15
Everyone ever should go to a physio when they hit 16 and take a bunch of advice for the rest of their life
Word.
Weird. We used to play as raptors too, but years later Wii Fit said my centre of balance was too far back.
Maybe I was a shit dino.
You were the dino you needed to be.
When I was a kid, I would headbutt people.
I don't know what that did, but it can't have been good.
Rolling lmao.

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017
Walking on the balls of your feet or "toe walking" can also be a sign of neurological disorders.

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017

This is so true. I played an absurd amount of ddr in my teens and even have my own machine. It absolutely destroyed my knees/hips

OP
OP
Kyuuji

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017

Walking on the balls of your feet or "toe walking" can also be a sign of neurological disorders.
You're saying this to the person that ran around the woods as a Velociraptor as a kid.

Reading the studies, they're interesting at the very least. Always worth floating so thank you.

Mobu

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
i also used to step with my tip toes instead of back of the foot, but that was like four years ago and just focused on walking normally since

i didnt know it could actually fuck up your body though wow

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Do not be ashamed to be velociraptor. We all have our talents. I can purr like a big cat and laugh without breathing. Thankfully there are no load bearing bones in my throat.

Given you spent so much time on the balls of your feet, I do wonder how shapely and strong your calf muscles are.

It could've been worse. Thankfully you were a...clever girl.

That's Norwegian for ya. Actually, that looks quite impressive due to how well coordinated her movement is. Perhaps she is a four wheeler born in the body of two wheeler.

OP
OP
Kyuuji

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
i also used to step with my tip toes instead of back of the foot, but that was like four years ago and just focused on walking normally since
i didnt know it could actually fuck up your body though wow
I got off lightly honestly.
You thought they actually brought back Velociraptors for the new movies?
Do not be ashamed to be velociraptor. We all have our talents. I can purr like a big cat and laugh without breathing. Thankfully there are no load bearing bones in my throat.
Given you spent so much time on the balls of your feet, I do wonder how shapely and strong your calf muscles are.
That's Norwegian for ya. Actually, that looks quite impressive due to how well coordinated her movement is. Perhaps she is a four wheeler born in the body of two wheeler.
giphy.gif

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Skateboarding and running crosscountry in my teens absolutely fucking melted my knees. I'm 31 and my knees are constantly popping and cracking. It sucks. I'm thankful I haven't had to have surgery yet but I wonder what my 40s will hold. šŸ™ƒ

But it was also a lot of fun back in the day, not gonna lie.