• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Kyuuji

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Skateboarding and running crosscountry in my teens absolutely fucking melted my knees. I'm 31 and my knees are constantly popping and cracking. It sucks. I'm thankful I haven't had to have surgery yet but I wonder what my 40s will hold. šŸ™ƒ

But it was also a lot of fun back in the day, not gonna lie.
I used to skate as well, and those things are buit for humans. As you say, was a lot of fun. There's a lot of freedom to be found with a skateboard, wouldn't change it. I hope yours hold out, joint bullshit isn't pleasant.

Deleted member 20284

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
My brother's son walked on his tippy toes everywhere for his first year of walking and docs insisted to train him out of it. It's taken years of persistence to correct. Same foot, knees and joint issues were being touted as having major problems when he grew up if not corrected.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
I got off lightly honestly.
You thought they actually brought back Velociraptors for the new movies?

giphy.gif

U5txJcH.gif

Like, I am legitimately curious because growing up, that muscle for me would cramp up the most. Fewer things in life are as devastatingly painful as a calf spasm. Given your story, something tells me they are well sculpted and flexible.

I am going to step out before the temperature here increases by over 2.5 degrees Celsius.

OP
OP
Kyuuji

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
U5txJcH.gif

Like, I am legitimately curious because growing up, that muscle for me would cramp up the most. Fewer things in life are as devastatingly painful as a calf spasm. Given your story, something tells me they are well sculpted and flexible.

I am going to step out before the temperature here increases by over 2.5 degrees Celsius.
Calf spasms are horrendous lol, especially when you can see it freaking out on the surface. I can say they're pretty decent in that sense. I'd never really bridged that connection. Have yourself a fine day.

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
I read the topic title as "I've fucked on my knees because I wanted to be a Velociraptor" and was disappointed when this topic wasn't about kinky dinosaur sex.

joecanada

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
Do you remember actually starting to do this because many babies start walking on their toes my daughter does it all the time. Apparently they can screw their Achilles like get tears real young too from that

Daingurse

Oct 25, 2017
I did the same shit, man. I still find myself walking like a raptor, or demon satyr, from time to time. It's fun. Didn't know I was fucking my shit up though.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
This is better then the problems caused by the kids who tried to emulate Denver the Last Dinosaur.

Friend my ass...

Sonicbug

Oct 26, 2017
The Void, MA
Isn't toe walking supposed to be a sign of autism? I think one of my cousins, who is somewhere on the spectrum, did that a lot as a kid. I'm surprised it's screwed up your knees OP. I would figure it would just shorten the shit out of your tendons.

Maximus

Oct 27, 2017
Damn that sucks. Reminds me of little things I did that in the grand scheme, messed up my posture.

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017
You have a citation on that? I thought may people have bad feet and knees because they walk wrong anyway.

5f9d9f5dbcc3695a10370ba7bac1ec08.jpg

I meant specifically walking on your toes without your heel touching the ground. It's an issue often seen in toddlers that is usually a result of something neurological like CP, neuropathy, autism, etc. It's not exclusively neurological it's just often can be linked to that. There are lots of studies.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have the same problem, but it was because I misheard the lyrics of a popular song as "Open the door / Get on the floor / Everybody walk like dinosaurs".

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017
The responses in here are making my head hurt. You guys are saying it's weird to be a little kid pretending to be a dinosaur? Kids absolutely adore dinosaurs. Did you never pretend to be a superhero? A soldier? An astronaut?

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
I used to walk on the balls of my feet all of the time, but it had nothing to do with wanting to be a raptor. You just walk a lot quieter on the balls. Plus, moving around in martial arts usually means you're on the ball of your foot more than your heel. I've not had knee problems yet, and I walk 3-5 miles every day.