• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Bunga

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Oh my god OP, I managed to keep a straight face til you mentioned going uphill lmfao. Dude, strangest thing I've seen in ages. Hope your knees get better!

Yankee Ruin X

Oct 31, 2017
I also walk on the balls of my feet and also liked Raptors until I was chased by one through a forest that was wearing white Wilson tennis socks, acid is a helluva drug.

Anyway guess I need to learn to walk properly now.

Arebours

Oct 27, 2017
there's a theory that people used to walk on toe/ball-to-heel and that heel-to-toe came with more rigid soles and shoes. so depending on how you think about it, you are ahead of the game.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Florida
tenor.gif

Perfect

Oct 25, 2017
I'm more shocked your podiatrist never mention this in any of your gait reviews you would have had as a younger person, or your current personal physician. Can your old podiatrist not be held accountable for not paying attention to gait?! It's unbelievable they weren't doing something about it.

Jazzman

Oct 25, 2017
There was a kid in elementary school that did this all the way through and I believe into High school, where he eventually needed surgery as either his calves or Achilles were so tight he couldn't actually walk on his heels. Haven't seen him in years, but I believe everything is normal now.

OniLinkPlus

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is called toe walking. It's common in autistic people. I do it, and a lot of my friends do too. Between this and raptor hands, sometimes I wonder if us auties are actually velociraptors...

Lord Error

Oct 27, 2017
Rather than Velociraptors, I blame poorly built shaky wooden houses of North America where grown people have to tippy-toe around like toddlers, so that they don't sound like a herd of elephants is stomping around. Maybe that's how you got to have this problem OP. Build your damn houses out of concrete and other hard materials America, dammit.

Clay

Oct 29, 2017
I thought this was actually healthy for your knees. I've heard that running this way is easier on your joints than heel-striking.

painey

Oct 27, 2017
a kid at my school did this so much his mother put drawing pins in his shoes so he wouldn't walk on his toes. Unless OP is that kid, if so, Hi Chris!

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
I just realized I have no idea how I walk. I could find out right now, but it's very comfy in bed.

meph

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
I wish this thread was bigger so it could be a mid-year candidate for Thread of the Year.

Oct 26, 2017
United Kingdom
I didn't do the Raptor thing but I did learn how to sprint from T1000 in Terminator 2.

Growing up I was always shit at sports and my run was always akin to something between a lanky flailing nerd run and an upright scooby-doo.

But man, after watching James Cameron's masterpiece and giving the T1000 a go, all of a sudden I was winning the inter-school athletics 100m sprint, representing my school.... that shit really works!

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
I'd like everyone to consider for a moment that since birds are dinosaurs, then KFC is by definition a dinosaur eating store.

Giant Panda

Oct 25, 2017
That really shouldn't have been an issue for your knees unless you let your calf and ankle muscles tighten too much. That can happen to women who wear high heels too often.