DarkChronic

Oct 27, 2017

dying at this, omg lol

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
If you eat those strawberry hard candies it's already too late for you I'm sorry.

Log!

Oct 27, 2017
We all have(or had, or will have) those moments where we realize we are getting older.

Either we can't recover from a night out, we are physically sore for no reason, or we LOVE going to bed early.

Lately, life has given me different signs. I'm starting to enjoy "old people" candy. Peppermints? Great, pass me one. Strawberry hard candy? Sure. Orange slices? Let's do it.

But the mothership? These bad boys right here:

suwakoldmang.gif

So good. I never cared for these all that much until recently, and I'm encouraging everyone to try the ones with green apple filling, too.

Who wants to wheel down to the nursing home cafeteria and have some with our game of cards?
Weird, I loved Werther's Originals since I tried 'em when I was really young, same with strawberry hard candy. Maybe I'm just an old soul.

Lysistrata

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Paradise Lost
Werther's are fine. In the UK it's these ancient mariner sweets that single you out as getting old.
Starting to suddenly like them for some reason.......

victory-v-lozenges-traditional-bag-45g-579f14ca0733d.jpg

Fishermans_friend_Original_Strong_Mint_25g_bag__89632.1489368680.1280.1280.jpg

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
I was afraid of this thread because I thought it was some euphemism I didn't want to know.

Werther's are legit good.

CHC

Oct 27, 2017
How about these:

51kzX-ZSH9L._SX355_.jpg

Undeniably good, but are they oldies? I think so.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
You're crossing the threshold, but you haven't yet found the Holy Grail of Old Age Wisdom: "I'm going to eat what I want, play what I want, with what I want, wear what I want - and I don't give a fuck what others think."

The true old age attitude isn't only eating old people candy, but caring so little about what others think of you eating said candy that it wouldn't even cross your mind to make a thread like this.

Vlaphor

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Topeka, KS
Werther's are fine, you should be worried when you start eating these:

a914dbc3f13e1f1c.jpg

I hated when old people gave me these things.

I've always had this personal theory that you can't actually buy these, they're just naturally occurring candy that appears around old people, so they put them in jars/bowls to and try to give them away as fast as they can before more candy appears.

Feranon

Nov 1, 2017
fuck y'all, those strawberry grandma candies rule. and werther's originals are out-fucking-standing

there is but one unforgivable candy sin, and that is to enjoy black jelly beans.

JetSetSoul

Oct 28, 2017
I got a huge bag of Werthers recently to bake into chocolate chip cookies. It's just the best.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Werther's are fucking delicious, period.

Those chocolate-covered caramels they sell should be classified as a Schedule I drug.

I Concur, they are much too dangerous...

...Dangerously Delicious!

yeah, marketing paints a picture for people to make assumptions on, so I get if you're a bit self conscious about them, but take it from us, they are too good to let other people ruin them for you.

which I guess is a good message for most things!

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.

now, candy corn, it's fine. not a bunch of meat on it, but it has a nice creamy taste, it's okay.

but PUMPKIN CREMES?!?

around halloween time, you can find pumpkin shaped candy corn in bulk barns and the like. I say shaped, because they are essentially candy corn on meth. Much bigger, Much Creamier, Much more delicious, and Much more likely to put you in a diabetic coma, though what can't these days.

Pumpkin Cremes, Freaking get them, and never forget them!

uniform

Oct 27, 2017
old-fashioned-hard-christmas-candy-mix.jpg

GOAT old people candy

I remember the first time I encountered these at my grandparents. They were filled in one of these glass chickens (pictured below) my grandmother was fond of. When I attempted to try a single piece the entire contents came attached. I still have not tried these. Werther's and those strawberry candies were also always around.

d2XsSJ7.jpg

Noxie

Nov 4, 2017
My grandparents took me on a trip to Hawaii when I was about 7 and we stopped at some small museum. My memory of the place is pretty foggy, I don't remember which island it was on, or what it was for. But they had a bowl of candy at the front and the entire time my grandparents were looking at stuff, I was sneaking out all the Werther's from that candy bowl. It was my first time having them and after my first one I needed all of them. I remember this crystal clear despite remembering nothing of the building itself, just because of how good those Werther's were.

So I guess I've loved old people candy since I was 7.

1.21Gigawatts

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Munich
Oh, I didn't know Werthers were a thing outside of Germany. But yeah, they are awesome, but also have this kind of "old people candy"-vibe to them. I feel OP.

Deleted member 3542

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I remember the first time I encountered these at my grandparents. They were filled in one of these glass chickens (pictured below) my grandmother was fond of. When I attempted to try a single piece the entire contents came attached. I still have not tried these. Werther's and those strawberry candies were also always around.

d2XsSJ7.jpg

Mine had that too I think.

We all had the same grandparents confirmed.

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017

d2XsSJ7.jpg

My boyfriend collects those candy dishes lol

Oct 26, 2017
Appalachia
I always liked old people candy! My grandparents loaded us kids up back in the day.

There's and old WWII vet who comes into my job pretty regularly, and he'll walk by employees, whistle at them to get their attention, and toss them one of those strawberry hard candies. Been doing it for the 9 years I've worked here. Always look forward to seeing him.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
For some reason, as I get older I like eating candy less and less. It's not like they aren't delicious, I just don't feel a compelling desire to eat them. Same for chocolate and chips to some respect.