• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
palpatine finally dies at the hands of kylo and rey... rey dies however

They all die...

Then Luke wakes up. It was all just a bad dream he had after drinking sour breast milk from his wife:

04b33c81-0d15-48c8-b548-c007862f9378.jpeg

Last edited:

Meows

Oct 28, 2017
I wish they would have continued with Kylo Ren as the reluctant but ultimate villain as The Last Jedi hinted. Palpatine is exciting but I feel like they randomly decided to make the last movie connect with the rest of the saga when the previous didn't (or at least, they didn't feel like they did to me other than sharing characters).

DarkSora

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
So you're telling me it's gonna end with force ghosts of Qui Gonn, Obi Wan, Darth Maul, Yoda, Anakin, Admiral Ackbar, Han, Luke, Leia, and whoever else will die in TROS waving back at Rey at a party on some alien planet?

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
I don't know why they started this end of Skywalker saga crap after TLJ. The PT and OT make up the rise, fall, and redemption of Anakin with Luke's hero journey making it all possible. Anakin's gone, Luke came full circle, that story is over. Now please fuck off and just make your own trilogy instead of riding the coattails of the one that already ended.

Rename this shit to the Sheev saga.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
I don't know why they started this end of Skywalker saga crap after TLJ. The PT and OT make up the rise, fall, and redemption of Anakin with Luke's hero journey making it all possible. Anakin's gone, Luke came full circle, that story is over. Now please fuck off and just make your own trilogy instead of riding the coattails and of the one that already ended.

Damage Control. Same reason they did a 180 on the prequels. See how JJs language changed from "You won't be seeing any podraces I'm focusing on 4 and 5" during TFA to "This is the conclusion of 9 great movies!!"

That said there's a very slim chance he'll pull it off

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know why they started this end of Skywalker saga crap after TLJ. The PT and OT make up the rise, fall, and redemption of Anakin with Luke's hero journey making it all possible. Anakin's gone, Luke came full circle, that story is over. Now please fuck off and just make your own trilogy instead of riding the coattails and of the one that already ended.

It all started because after Solo flopped and scared the shit out of Disney they wanted a guaranteed money maker for IX. So they're gonna pack it to the ears with fanservice and nostalgia callbacks because that is a guaranteed way to put asses in seats.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
It all started because after Solo flopped and scared the shit out of Disney they wanted a guaranteed money maker for IX. So they're gonna pack it to the ears with fanservice and nostalgia callbacks because that is a guaranteed way to put asses in seats.

But...Solo is literally just nostalgia callbacks one after the other?

Like his fucking gun has an origin story in that film

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
Trust in Ian McDiarmid. He dragged Revenge of the Sith's bloodied corpse over the low bar of the other prequels.

OnPorpoise

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Solo already used the escaping destruction by using an explosion, not sure what JJ has left in his writer's toolkit to end the entire series with.

Last edited:

Seeya

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't know why they started this end of Skywalker saga crap after TLJ. The PT and OT make up the rise, fall, and redemption of Anakin with Luke's hero journey making it all possible. Anakin's gone, Luke came full circle, that story is over. Now please fuck off and just make your own trilogy instead of riding the coattails of the one that already ended.

People act like it has always been 'The Skywalker Saga' but that's litterally a term (as it would apply to from the OT through to the PT and onto the ST) that only started getting pushed around TLJ.

Even back in the day, the concept of SW being 'about' Anakin was a new concept that only started with the PT.

It kind of sucks that the ST is so awkwardly attempting to be both a direct continuation of the OT, a fresh start, and the capstone to the entire 3 trilogies. It's a testament to how underwhelming the ST has been that its identity has to be tied to the purpose of serving (and being a capstone for) prior materials stories.

Lucas, for all of his faults, actually expanded the universe with the Prequels, and was bang onin his commentary of the ST as 'there's nothing new'.

Ziltoidia 9

Oct 25, 2017
I can see a sendoff to three trilogies working, but not with JJ directing it.

What does THAT have to do with anything?

It means my judgement on TLJ will be based off of what the last movie does. Also, the director has little to do with it. This story was planned out already. It isn't wise to think that they would let Johnson just come in and throw a wrench into their 4 billion dollar investment. Director can change execution, but it starts with the story they are trying to tell.

antonz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Its not that hard people to see why its called the Skywalker Saga. Every fucking movie is about the skywalker family and their impact on the Galaxy.

Its just as stupid when people complain why don't the numbered Star Wars Movies explore more of the galaxy besides the skywalkers.

The flaws of the Sequel Trilogy is in the fact they very sloppily handled the actual transition from the OT to the ST. TFA was serviceable enough establishing the new generation etc but then TLJ as the middle film failed to do enough and now 9 is left trying to glue it all togeather

Big-E

Oct 25, 2017
Its not that hard people to see why its called the Skywalker Saga. Every fucking movie is about the skywalker family and their impact on the Galaxy.

Its just as stupid when people complain why don't the numbered Star Wars Movies explore more of the galaxy besides the skywalkers.

The flaws of the Sequel Trilogy is in the fact they very sloppily handled the actual transition from the OT to the ST. TFA was serviceable enough establishing the new generation etc but then TLJ as the middle film failed to do enough and now 9 is left trying to glue it all togeather

It is not stupid. Shit is boring. There was no rule that movies 1 through 9 had to be about some shitty family.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
People act like it has always been 'The Skywalker Saga' but that's litterally a term (as it would apply to from the OT through to the PT and onto the ST) that only started getting pushed around TLJ.

Even back in the day, the concept of SW being 'about' Anakin was a new concept that only started with the PT.

It kind of sucks that the ST is so awkwardly attempting to be both a direct continuation of the OT, a fresh start, and the capstone to the entire 3 trilogies. It's a testament to how underwhelming the ST has been that its identity has to be tied to the purpose of serving (and being a capstone for) prior materials stories.

Lucas, for all of his faults, actually expanded the universe with the Prequels, and was bang onin his commentary of the ST as 'there's nothing new'.

Fucking THIS

Last edited:

SArcher

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Based on the leaks it'll be anything but.

DeathPeak

Oct 27, 2017
I loved The Force Awakens, but I have no faith in anyone being able to wrap up everything well with just one more movie. Too much ground to cover.

LycanXIII

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Everyone dies and then there's a time skip to present day Earth.

Edit: Not present day. 1970 Earth with a Force Ghost telling George Lucas the story of Star Wars.

Browser

Apr 13, 2019
Somehow this is worse than season 7 of GOT. People have been following this franchise since 1977, and he is saying he wants to give closure to a story that began 42 yeara ago.

Of course I will go watch it in the theater. It will make insane amounts of money. But expectations are very low for me. I really hope im wrong tho.

CommodoreKong

Oct 25, 2017
Same. JJ Abrams directing an ending for pretty much the first time in his career, written by the guy who wrote Batman v. Superman is...well I can't say I'm not curious, but a lot of that curiosity is of the morbid variety.
Yeah with that combo I'm not exactly optimistic about the quality of episode 9.

Oct 28, 2017
All of the female characters lose the will to live. Fade to black.

Women take a victory lap for equality . JJ is quoted as saying it rhymes like poetry.

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
This "Episode IX will be an end to all nine films"-stuff is the absolute dumbest thing that has come out of this sequel trilogy.