• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I will never get over the irony of "I'm cancelled, let me tell you all about it on this high profile platform"

TheGummyBear

Jan 6, 2018
United Kingdom
Lol.

The guy was being such an obsessive transphobic asshole that he blew up his own marriage, and The Times is trying to portray it like we evil trans people were the ones that lit the fuse.

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
I recommend no one reads that article. I did it so you don't have to.

tl;dr lies lies unchallenged lies poor me I got cancelled for doing the right thing

Seriously don't read it.

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
just-die-already-elaine-benes.gif

Glinner the most divorced man in the UK, what a pathetic being.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Don't be a bigoted hateful asshole. People could try that and maybe some consequences wouldn't reach them if any do, maybe you just suck now, your time in the sun isn't guaranteed in media.

Yesterzine

Jan 5, 2022
My "I'm not a recreational sadist" T-Shirt is causing people to ask a lot of questions answered by my T-Shirt.

CupOfDoom

Dec 17, 2017
"Recreational sadist" is a pretty apt description for someone who keeps digging themselves further and further into a hole because they refuse to take moments reflection to consider that they might be wrong.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
It's almost amazing how Rowling proves time and time again that she's a worse person than even her parodies.

Pyramid Head

Oct 27, 2017
That quote is absolutely insane. Imagine everyone you have ever known, everyone you have ever worked with, your closest loved ones, all thinking you're a piece of shit and wanting nothing to do with you, and still thinking you're the one in the right. His brain is fucking warped to fuck.

TheGummyBear

Jan 6, 2018
United Kingdom
Every cast member on the IT Crowd must get their phones lit up daily

Remember when Graham Norton, after spending so long avoiding the subject, responded to a question about trans rights with "Why aren't you talking to trans people and their families about this rather than me?"

Without mentioning Glinner at all.

And then Glinner joined the transphobic dog pile against Norton because he took it as a personal slight?

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
That quote is absolutely insane. Imagine everyone you have ever known, everyone you have ever worked with, your closest loved ones, all thinking you're a piece of shit and wanting nothing to do with you, and still thinking you're the one in the right. His brain is fucking warped to fuck.

If you're a successful person in creative media, you have an ego to back it up
If royalties continue to roll in, clearly you're right

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
We can't keep calling people national treasures. At this point it can mean "they're nice in a harmless way", "they're Matt Berry", and "they're a raging bigot all day every day". We need a different term for people who are actually good, then you can use that for Matt Berry.

Let's face it, when the nation is Britain, a national treasure is probably an arsehole.

TheGummyBear

Jan 6, 2018
United Kingdom
We can't keep calling people national treasures. At this point it can mean "they're nice in a harmless way", "they're Matt Berry", and "they're a raging bigot all day every day". We need a different term for people who are actually good, then you can use that for Matt Berry.

Let's face it, when the nation is Britain, a national treasure is probably an arsehole.

Let's just chop the "national" off, because Matt Berry is just a treasure full stop.

crienne

Oct 25, 2017
Matt Berry is a national treasure.

matt-berry-laszlo-cravensworth.gif

I dunno. It's a bit soft of a response for that sort of title to be bestowed on him. Like, at least he's not defending the content or Linehan in anyway, but a true hero would've unequivocally condemned that episode unprompted (as I'm sure he's seen the modern discourse around it) or would've presented a much firmer stance after being asked.

Don't get me wrong, I love me some Matt Berry, but one "meh" response does not a full-on ally make.

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
I dunno. It's a bit soft of a response for that sort of title to be bestowed on him. Like, at least he's not defending the content or Linehan in anyway, but a true hero would've unequivocally condemned that episode unprompted (as I'm sure he's seen the modern discourse around it) or would've presented a much firmer stance after being asked.

Don't get me wrong, I love me some Matt Berry, but one "meh" response does not a full-on ally make.

True enough, I suppose my comment was more related to his acting and comedy work rather than his 'ally' ship, which as you rightly point out isn't really accomplished by a fairly meh response.

TheGummyBear

Jan 6, 2018
United Kingdom
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this the same guy that tried to pose as a caricature of a trans woman to troll a women's dating app?

He doesn't think he's being recreational in his cruelty?

Not just a women's dating app. To my recollection, admittedly I may be mistaken, the app was intended specifically for trans people.

It was a targeted attack on people who were consenting and willing to date trans people.

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK

View: https://youtu.be/UpGgwjf4iaE

Not just a women's dating app. To my recollection, admittedly I may be mistaken, the app was intended specifically for trans people.

It was a targeted attack on people who were consenting and willing to date trans people.

Your recollection is correct. He keeps calling it a "lesbian dating app" but Her is an LGBTQ+ dating app. They welcome trans people. This has been pointed out to Linehan many times but he continues calling it a "lesbian dating app". Because his target audience thinks only cis women can be lesbians*, so anyone else must be there to prey on those women.

*they don't say cis because that erases women!!

Last edited:

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this the same guy that tried to pose as a caricature of a trans woman to troll a women's dating app?

He doesn't think he's being recreational in his cruelty?
As with all bigotry, transphobia is corrosive. The true believers go through life through the lens of their hatred and it so severely warps their view that they can't think in any other way. When you've decided that the other doesn't deserve to exist, anything you do to them is justified in making the world "right".

He's no different than Rowling, just further along in his journey of hatred.

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
"My wife left me, this is trans people's fault"

View: https://twitter.com/MetroUK/status/1636049640897363969?s=20

The latest HP retcon

Jesus Christ

But also lol at the idea that HP had any sort of call to real world action in it

She's retconned HP so much that it's an absolute mess now. "Wizards shit themselves and magic it away, Dumbledore is gay after he died, and Death Eaters are basically trans people."

And this is the fictional world people praise?

meowdi gras

Feb 24, 2018
Guess Rowling must've leaned on a pal of hers at The Times that it was time to rehabilitate her poor friend and useful bigot Linehan.

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
Guess Rowling must've leaned on a pal of hers at The Times that it was time to rehabilitate her poor friend and useful bigot Linehan.

I think she probably hates him. Most of the TERF crowd hate him because he's so far gone. That article really glosses over how obsessed and unhinged he is. They want to be seen as sensible ladies talking common sense in a sensible way about obvious truths that are sensible and obvious, and then Linehan steams in, babbling about furries and groomers, and attacking quiz show contestants for having they/them pronouns.

edit: I know Rowling isn't shy about supporting literal Nazis, but Linehan is both a hateful person and an incompetent, gormless prat who constantly fucks up multiple times every single day in worse and worse ways. Nobody wants to stand shoulder to shoulder with that.

Last edited:

Amalthea

Dec 22, 2017
Pissie Parker, the woman who has a massively reductionist view on gender (à la women are for birthing) and dresses like it's 1952, teams up with Nazis? Color me shocked, shocked I say!

(Btw. Pissie was actually a typo but I just kept it.)

EDIT: Love/hate how the pigs protecting these swines look like they are a part of the Nazis. Propably because they (not so) secretly are.

Messofanego

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK

View: https://twitter.com/MetroUK/status/1636049640897363969?s=20

The latest HP retcon

Jesus Christ

But also lol at the idea that HP had any sort of call to real world action in it

She's pretty vague about how exactly her books are against gender identity, but she still believes she's the underdog of her stories and seeking fairness. So this was a clickbait-y article padded out with history about her and promoting this stupid new podcast that is about image rehab of a fascist. However, we know the transphobia was there in the books, along with internalised misogyny (female villains are masculine and ugly in her descriptions), fatphobia, and anti-activism. Harry Potter's ultimate goal is to be a cop. Hermione's activism against elf slavery was deemed to be wrong and that slavery is good actually.

Amalthea

Dec 22, 2017
Nazis finally have an opening into the mainstream thanks to transphobia. They won't go away and stop associating with you just because you think you're one of the "good transphobes" (there is no such thing).

The only way to distance from them is to take a hard look at your own hate and realize you're the one who is the problem and should stop being a transphobe.

Edit: But in the end you won't, in the end you'll be marching in a black shirt too, throwing one Hitler Salutes after another, because introspection and accepting mistakes is lost amongst the majority of people these days. Just like after WWI when the Germans couldn't accept that they lost the war and why they did so. Instead they rather sacrificed the lives of millions once more than to see their own shortcomings.
This is the absolute bottom of human civilistation and we're about to reach it again.

Last edited:

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
It feels impossible to process that literal fucking nazis are being defended. They've got their way in and no one fucking cares.

Vash

Oct 28, 2017
"Posie Parker", a friend of Rowling's, is fine with Nazis being next to them to call for the eradication of trans people. Saw this cartoon about it, based on actual pictures and videos, so thought I'd share it here too because it's the truth. Once Nazis have infiltrated your rally, and you don't do anything to kick them out, you're part of a Nazi rally.

This is how Nazis operate btw, they infiltrate any protest in order to try and get others to join them. Seen it happen in my country during various protests as well. Mostly the ones that are supposed to protest against government policies. Whether it is a protest for a good cause or not. People have to be more vigilant.

View: https://twitter.com/AssignedMale/status/1637208031053185024