• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
Need to keep in mind Google already has various VPs for various divisions of Google.

It will be a division of Google that she will be VP of.

Outrun

Oct 30, 2017
It is a nice opportunity to shape an endeavor from the ground up.

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah VP of Google is maybe a little miss leading, but I can see someone wanting to get out there and announce that before it's announced what their "VP" of. Good for her, but I still don't really know what her role was on the AC series and SC Blacklist. And her announcement of the EA Motive role was also never clear. Hell I still barely know what Motive dose.

Deleted member 4247

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
VP of everything.
Kevin_Butler.jpg

Man, I miss Kevin Butler. Best fake gaming executive ever. Except for possibly President Kaz.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm happy for her, but I still don't think Google is serious. It takes far, far too many people to start from the ground up these days in creating an Xbox or Sony like console. Back in the day, you could hire several hundred people and you had enough to create many studios worth of games. Several hundred people these days will barely get you even 1 AAA title.

Google would need to hire several thousand people or at least have some long term contracts with them at other 3rd parties to even get close to having a chance at competing with the likes of Sony or MS. And aside from Jade, where are all these hires or where are all these other studios going dark where they could possibly be creating games for Google? Most well known studios, we already know what they are working on or at least have an idea. So, I don't expect much from Google in whatever this ends up being.

Deleted member 36622

Banned
Dec 21, 2017
See? Google is not joking, they want to make things right, they've been working on this for a while, it's not even out of nowhere, it's more us that never wanted to believe. lol

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Congrats to Ms. Raymond. Hopefully they support her well at Google.

I remember I got sold on Assassins' Creed from some video I saw with her like... I think she was like presenting it or something? Man, that was like forever ago, lol!

Deleted member 1635

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's a hell of a get. Hope they come out with something really interesting, but I'm very skeptical of their commitment to gaming outside of a streaming service.

Hydrus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man, I hope Google goes all out with this jump in gaming. It want to see a shake up in the industry.

IronicSonic

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Great for Raymond. Crashing that glass ceiling! I hope this make more women can make a career like Raymond's in VG industry

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Wait and see, she gets a lot hype in the media but aside from AC it's just job moves I hear about. Google sticking with something, who knows.

Deleted member 1635

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man, I hope Google goes all out with this jump in gaming. It want to see a shake up in the industry.

It just doesn't seem like their style.

I can't think of an example where they went all out with a service or product right from the gate. They seem to like to start small and iterate while gauging popularity before ultimately determining to kill the product or really invest a lot into it.

bxsonic

Oct 30, 2017
So Google's just getting started? I thought they are announcing their console next week?

Deleted member 9857

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It just doesn't seem like their style.

I can't think of an example where they went all out with a service or product right from the gate. They seem to like to start small and iterate while gauging popularity before ultimately determining to kill the product or really invest a lot into it.

yep, I wouldn't be surprised if Google just kills it

they're not the types to stick with something like Microsoft did after the results of the Xbox Original or even if something was a success & then had the bomb the was the start of the PS3 gen (which Sony pushed through & fixed thankfully)

Nov 30, 2017
So just looked her credetuals. Looks like she was producer of a few assassin creed games. What else has she done that isnt on the wiki?

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
She's been hired into an executive role, not a creative role. I'm not sure what there is to really get jazzed about.

Amazon Game Studios has also burned through some big name talent without much of anything to show for it (Double Helix, Clint Hocking). I would wait and see if they actually announce some games.

Deleted member 1635

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
She's been hired into an executive role, not a creative role. I'm not sure what there is to really get jazzed about.

Amazon Game Studios has also burned through some big name talent without much of anything to show for it (Double Helix, Clint Hocking). I would wait and see if they actually announce some games.

Man, I had totally forgotten that Amazon Game Studios was a thing. Didn't folks like Garnett Lee (of 1UP fame) and John Smedley (EverQuest, Planetside, SOE) go over there, too?

KayonXaikyre

Oct 27, 2017
I had to google who they were. I don't really know if this means too much for me. Assassins Creed 1 and 2 was one of my fav games though, but how it was managed wasn't one of my favorite parts? The franchise didn't improve as it went on. I don't know how much she had to do with that, but this news is not something that hypes me up or anything. I'll just need to see what Googles going to do. If its another Playstation kinda box I don't really see the point unless we got some seriously good first party out of the deal. I just don't want another box hopping in and trying to throw money to divide exclusives even further unless they are legitmately making thier own good games lol.

More Butter

Banned
Jun 12, 2018
Congrats to her. I'm not terribly happy about it. I was hoping to see her head a new studio for MS or Sony or something. I really don't want to buy into a new platform.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man, I had totally forgotten that Amazon Game Studios was a thing. Didn't folks like Garnett Lee (of 1UP fame) and John Smedley (EverQuest, Planetside, SOE) go over there, too?
Garnett Lee is still at Amazon Game Studios.

They also hired Kim Swift (Portal designer).

Other than some mobile-ish games from Double Helix, nobody Amazon hires seems to have shipped a game. It's kind of a bummer, but at least they are getting a steady paycheck.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
User banned (1 week): sexism
I don't get the hype with Jade Raymond. Aside from being one of many managers on AC for a few years, the rest of her resume seems to be about job hopping upwards. She's good with politics and self-promotion, but where are the games? If this person was a guy, would anyone be talking about him?

Thizzles

Banned
Feb 9, 2019
I don't get the hype. Haven't even seen what they're working on. And has she done anything of note since leaving Ubisoft? I get she worked at EA, but did anything actually come out of her time there? Amazon was throwing money around a few years ago and nothing came of that.

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017

Jade Raymond is incredibly smart, but perhaps even more important, articulate. This is an amazing get for Google, and I look forward to what they have in store.