• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
Jallikattu got a lot of festival buzz but it only recently became available on Amazon Prime.

An escaped buffalo tramples the thin veneer of village civility to dust, as every petty squabble and animalistic urge is unleashed amid the mad pursuit of the animal. Jallikattu devolves into an allegorical hurricane of rabid masculinity, primal aggression, mud, blood, violence, and man vs man vs nature at its most frenzied‬. Imagine if 2001's bestial opening act was transplanted to an Indian village and unfolded with hundreds of extras. It all builds to one of the most gloriously climactic, visually-thematic, and visceral escalations I've seen in a while.

8cb9b4e2dbe64f6d435dd7d225439db9.jpg

OP
OP
More_Badass

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
This deserves to be mentioned among current stressful/chaotic/fuck-up whirlwind cinema like Climax and Uncut Gems.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm keeping an eye on this. I loved Climax and Uncut Gems.

Oct 25, 2017
I watched this earlier today and it was definitely worth the recommendation you gave it, More_Badass ! Thanks!

I think I'm going with 4 stars, as I was actually pretty impressed with this film, even if I didn't love it like Climax. Haven't seen Uncut Gems quite yet.

Sabretooth

Oct 27, 2017
India
I'll definitely be checking this out. I've barely any experience with South Indian films and I can never get over how much I must have missed as a result.