• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
https://jalopnik.com/when-are-we-going-to-address-how-paul-walker-had-relati-1828227580

On Saturday, Nov. 30, 2013, Fast and Furious star Paul Walker died in a fiery Porsche Carrera GT crash with his friend, Roger Rodas, who was driving. It was sudden and heartbreaking, a death that was especially felt in the car community. Five years later, I Am Paul Walker premieres this weekend, a documentary that seeks to immortalize the actor's life and his accomplishments. The film does this, but also curiously ignores the major controversy surrounding his relationships with underage girls.

I'm very surprised this wasn't mentioned before. I guess he did die right before #metoo but it's still incredibly fucked up that a guy who could get with a million women would choose 16 year olds.

Edit: There wasn't this much debate about the definition of pedophilia when Roy Moore was chasing 16 year olds in his 30s. Whether it is illegal outside the US or whether he had a physical attraction to girls who look underage is not the important bit, Paul Walker specifically targeted women with half the life experience.

Last edited:

Certinfy

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Holy shit, so because he died everyone overlooked it?

What a fucking disgusting world.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Literally the first I've heard of it, but then I was never very interested in Walker. Pretty sleazy.

Hydrus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yea it's disappointing and creepy as hell. It's a shame cause he did a lot of charitable work and seemed like a good person.

D65

Oct 26, 2017
"While there's no proof that he had sexual relations with the women while they were underage.. ."

Says the article

zoukka

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
User banned (1 month): Downplaying the sexualization of minors. The distinction between pedophilia and ephebophilia is not one which we are interested in exploring here.
What he did was fucked up and illegal, but not really pedophilia unless I missed some additional information about him.

Pedophilia, or paedophilia, is a psychiatric disorder in which an adult or older adolescent experiences a primary or exclusive sexual attraction to prepubescent children.[1][2]Although girls typically begin the process of puberty at age 10 or 11, and boys at age 11 or 12,[3] criteria for pedophilia extend the cut-off point for prepubescence to age 13.

Kenstar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Earth
What he did was fucked up and illegal, but not really pedophilia unless I missed some additional information about him.

Pedophilia, or paedophilia, is a psychiatric disorder in which an adult or older adolescent experiences a primary or exclusive sexual attraction to prepubescent children.[1][2]Although girls typically begin the process of puberty at age 10 or 11, and boys at age 11 or 12,[3] criteria for pedophilia extend the cut-off point for prepubescence to age 13.
ruh roh

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Ew

oh boy

Snake Eater

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

he was 40 and she was 16

I could give a shit if it's not pedophilia by that definition, save the PR spin

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017

Let's not do this.

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
Sobre have anything to add because this is obviously pretty awful, only that I suspect that some from specific nationalities might not see that kind of malfeasance because 16 is their age of consent.

We really need to kill our heroes though. Goddamn.

Vashetti

Oct 27, 2017
Today I learnt the entirety of Britain is a pedophile if they have a relationship with a 16 year old.

spindashing

Oct 25, 2017
Queens, New York

Doesn't really change how messed up this is.

First I have heard of this.

HamCormier

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
While there's no proof that he had sexual relations with the women while they were underage, the romantic nature of his relationships should have drawn far more attention and discussion. It still should, to be honest. As it stands, the legacy that Walker leaves behind does include these worrying relationships. It's not something that should be forgotten—or worse, ignored.

Hmm!

Oct 27, 2017
Huh, yeah never heard of this. I don't know if I would label him straight up and down as a pedophile......but it's pretty sleazy. Also weirder still that he was dating these women for upwards of a decade plus.

dr.rocktopus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ugh what the fuck

I had no idea at all and I loved Walker in and out of the FF movies. Seemed like a real down to earth guy. A real car guy. This definitely colours things.

Last edited:

TheRealDennis

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Germany

A famous actor had a relationship with an underage girl and your first thought is: "I gotta educate people that it isn't pedophilia if the victim is older than 13."?

Fuck you.

ShortNasty

Dec 15, 2017
Gonna need to edit that title. Love the franchise, but his underage attraction shit made his death a "whatever" moment for me.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
I always hear people say "how the fuck did Roman Polanski get away with his shit, why did Hollywood protect him, etc" but now we basically see the same thing here. People making excuses or just not talking about it. Celebrity worship blinds us to things.

Gugi40

Mar 7, 2018
Canada
Wow I did not know this. It almost seems all his charitable work is done to counteract his disgusting sexual interest in the female youth or throw people off his scent.

Oct 27, 2017
Rick Springfield is another with the exact same M.O as Walker. He started "dating" both Linda Blair and his wife when they were underage and it's never mentioned.

Deleted member 3897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Really disgusting. I remember reading an article headline about him dating a "very young" woman many many years ago, but I just scrolled passed it. Didn't know she was that young. Creepy and disgusting.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Legit the first time I've heard of this. That's messed up. I wasn't some big Paul Walker fan, but I thought he was pretty cool. Disappointing to say the least.

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
User Banned (3 Days): Joke in poor taste.
Hitting the underage faster than an oncoming tree. Yikes.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Article says "There's no proof" so why have they written the article at all?

It is fucking creepy though, even if he didn't sleep with them.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
This is definitely the first time I've heard about this

Ab8zSbt.gif

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
People posted about this on GAF back in the day. It was mostly shrugged off weirdly. Maybe because he just died so it was a tragedy. Now it's been a while since he died and the MeToo movement has opened people eyes it seems.

Anas

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Thank you movie audience for pretending you liked Paul as an actor when he died so you can cry at the end of F7

This is the actor you cried for ..

Status
Not open for further replies.