• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

studyguy

Oct 26, 2017
Fair warning, the timeline of the story below is brutal.
https://www.middleeasteye.net/news/exclusive-khashoggi-829291552

It took seven minutes for Jamal Khashoggi to die, a Turkish source who has listened in full to an audio recording of the Saudi journalist's last moments told Middle East Eye.

Khashoggi was dragged from the Consul General's office at the Saudi consulate in Istanbul and onto the table of his study next door, the Turkish source said.

Horrendous screams were then heard by a witness downstairs, the source said.

"The consul himself was taken out of the room. There was no attempt to interrogate him. They had come to kill him," the source told MEE.

The screaming stopped when Khashoggi - who was last seen entering the Saudi consulate on 2 October - was injected with an as yet unknown substance.

Salah Muhammad al-Tubaigy, who has been identified as the head of forensic evidence in the Saudi general security department, was one of the 15-member squad who arrived in Ankara earlier that day on a private jet.

Tubaigy began to cut Khashoggi's body up on a table in the study while he was still alive, the Turkish source said.

The killing took seven minutes, the source said.

As he started to dismember the body, Tubaigy put on earphones and listened to music. He advised other members of the squad to do the same.

"When I do this job, I listen to music. You should do [that] too," Tubaigy was recorded as saying, the source told MEE.

A three-minute version of the audio tape has been given to Turkish newspaper Sabah, but they have yet to release it.

It should be noted that congress has likely HEARD the audio already, thus the fire that got lit under some of their asses.

If it leaked to the press then it's only a matter of time till it gets leaked to everyone.
This man was unequivocally butchered.

Freakzilla

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
User banned (3 days): drive-by posting and derailing a thread on a sensitive topic
I don't see how this would matter to the US in any way.

BowieZ

Nov 7, 2017
This sort of barbaric antidemocratic behavior from these autocracies like SA and Russia is the pinnacle of the danger to Western society that Trump has so systematically fostered.

November 9th is not just about holding Trump accountable: it's about saving the remnants of liberty that still exist around the entire world.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
Release the audio. Let the world know what exactly they did and what those that acquiesce to this behavior are turning a blind eye to.

This sort of barbaric antidemocratic behavior from these autocracies like SA and Russia is the pinnacle of the danger to Western society that Trump has so systematically fostered.

Really a good point.

Trump and his ilk: "Islamic autocracy is the biggest threat to Western civilization."

Me:

latest

Tapeworm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The only reason Trump isn't talking about it more is because it just makes him jealous he can't do it to journalists here.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
I don't see how this would matter to the US in any way.
Because an ally is brutally murdering legal residents, who also happened to be prolific journalists writing for a major newspaper? That doesn't seem like fucked up thing to you? I guess no one can blame US citizens after two years of Trump to be numb to this kind of shit, but to the rest of the world, yeah, this doesn't paint the Saudis, or the US, in the best light.

I hope the one thing to come out of this tragedy is that no one will claim that MBS is a great liberal reformer. He's a murderous dictator, whose only interest in reforming the kingdom is to have a functioning kingdom to rule. He'll kill and maim everyone he thinks is a hindrance to him.

OP
OP
studyguy

studyguy

Oct 26, 2017
Trump and the admin are essentially carrying water for the Saudi excuse despite the fact that Turkish sources already shared info with the US, if rumors are true and congress has heard the audio then so has Trump, at this point one has to wonder if he had heard the audio by the time he started talking about it this morning insisting MBS had no part.

lmao at the post above from the AP release. What a hellworld.

Deleted member 9145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

November 9th is not just about holding Trump accountable: it's about saving the remnants of liberty that still exist around the entire world.

There's plenty of countries that actually foster liberty around the world

November 9th is just whether or not US will be one of them

stew

Dec 2, 2017
I had to read it multiple times because I couldn't believe it... Fuck those guys and the governments that protect them.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Talk about horrific. I just can't even.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
What a bunch of savages. Fuck Trump for not standing up for him. Everyone who voted for him should be ashamed of themselves.

hEist

Oct 26, 2017
Jesus... just reading it was horrible. I don't want to hear, if it will leak.

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This makes my blood boil...

Fuck everybody involved in this mess. Especially those that knew about it but never warned the poor man.

OP
OP
studyguy

studyguy

Oct 26, 2017
At some point if the audio gets out to the public, we're basically going to have Kashoggi screaming his head off on tape for minutes at a time while being dismembered and possibly Turkey providing proof that they gave this to the US some time ago, bit difficult to feign ignorance at that point, but I'm sure they'll try.

Templeusox

Oct 25, 2017
How is Trump (and all Republicans for that matter) on the same wrong shit head side of every debate? I mean, by the law of averages, you would think they wouldn't all be horrible people even once in a Blue moon.