• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Cybit

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, Canada and Europe are good for maybe a few pithy comments as they continue selling shit to the Saudis and buying their oil. I almost am sort of OK with Trump being blatant about the fact that we haven't ever nor will we ever give a shit. 9/11 should have dispelled that myth.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Jesus Christ if you're gonna assassinate someone at least put a bullet in their head and be done with it, sick Fucks. Not sure how the people who did it or ordered it can even sleep at night.

And yeah the absolutel worse I'm expecting from the US is a "strong" condemnation. It's up to other countries.

The Pharmercy

Oct 26, 2017
I want to hear the tapes. Not because I doubt it (was clear from minute 1 that Saudi Arabia killed the disident and journalist in the same sort as their beloved Putin or their hated MOSSAD deal with their targets), but because some of the details "revealed" from the press seems hyperbolic: they killed Him, they scarfed Him, probably they tortured Him but seems hard to believe that they cutted Him in pieces while being alive. That seems too much insane, and is not even practical. Plus the "quotes".

I think that the Turkey Intelligence has tapes, and probably didn't do anything due they are reluctantc to admit "hey we have so many embassies wired that can't check what happens in real time and we became aware few days after, but we can't admit it".

This thing as a whole is abhorrent and seems so fucking cold war era (minus the professionalism) that one could only wonder how can happen in the XXI century. Then I remember that Saudi Arabia isn't essentially "XXI century". But the roots are deeper, because this state sanctioned killing was mostly a heritage from western countries.

It's not totally unheard of (dismembering while alive). I mean you have cases where people get disembowled and have acid etc poured in while still alive and tldr: people are super duper evil/fucked up & cruel.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Might sound disturbing but I hope they release the audio.

Make his death feel as real and hard to ignore as possible.

Its a fucking travesty they shouldn't be able to turn away from.

Replicant

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN
The cowards didn't didn't even kill the man with dignity? They were cutting him up while he was alive. Horrific.

Also fuck Donald Trump and fuck our country for supporting these pricks.

Deleted member 2340

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This wasn't just a murder they wanted this poor man to suffer all because he dared criticize the Saudi government. Sickening. 7 minutes. Fucking pussies.

Oct 27, 2017
His Apple Watch was recording audio and it was cloud synced supposedly

This doesn't seem likely to me. An apple watch isn't some unknown article of clothing that cave dwelling thugs would miss as they go about quartering this poor man. These cretins are well paid and probably educated. I don't see them missing a recording device on a journalist's wrist

Either that of Turkey bugged the consulate.

Probably a combination of moles and bugging equipment, but Turkey won't want to give up their sources easily

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
Word is there is video as well so it seems pretty likely at this point turkey had the consulate bugged and the iCloud audio is just cover

Genesis

Oct 27, 2017
And don't forget his only crime was reporting the truth.
They chopped him up like butchers meat for it. This admin knows what happened in that consulate and they've most likely watched/heard the recordings.
Yet they continue to play dumb and their base will believe it because that's their team...
I'm disgusted.

Bonefish

Oct 28, 2017
He was a journalist who had become critical of the royal family.

It was pretty much a message/revenge hit, and I believe they felt emboldened to do it by Trump's shitty rhetoric towards the press.
Thats giving Trump too much credit. This kind of stuff has clearly been happening with countries like SA for a long time. They just finally got caught doing it. I don't think Trump's rhetoric has any influence on whether or not the leader of SA wants a guy killed or not.

oledome

Oct 25, 2017
fucking hell that is horrific; of course the UK gov will have some stern words before getting right back to billions of pounds of arms deals with them

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
Wow. So obviously someone else would have had access to his iCloud account?
His wife had his phone, sooo...

This doesn't seem likely to me. An apple watch isn't some unknown article of clothing that cave dwelling thugs would miss as they go about quartering this poor man. These cretins are well paid and probably educated. I don't see them missing a recording device on a journalist's wrist

Probably a combination of moles and bugging equipment, but Turkey won't want to give up their sources easily
Reports are they found it after the fact (during the dismembering, no doubt) and tried to stop/disable it, but it's obviously too late at that point.

Deleted member 2340

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't be surprised if the stuff they injected him wasn't a paralytic agent but instead some kind of pain magnifier...

I was thinking the same thing and even had to edit down my post because I didn't want to come off as insensitive considering a person died.

The person who dismembered the journalist knew what he was doing. He knew Khashoggi was going to be screaming in pain and I wouldn't doubt if he knew where and how to cut to keep this poor man alive for as long as possible.

It's hard to say what I want to say next because I would rather if Khashoggi didn't have to be murdered to begin with I just wish it was more humane or painlessly then being dismembered alive. If that makes sense.

dyst

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It is so sad that stuff like this happens all the time and usually under the guise of national security. Countries do this to their own citizens and many times to citizens of other countries. Kidnappings, camps, torture and killings. Imagine all the incidents we don't hear about. Each time it comes out, these countries just use a different excuse to justify it.

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
What the actual fuck. I don't understand how they possibly thought they could get away with this.

Oct 27, 2017
Reports are they found it after the fact (during the dismembering, no doubt) and tried to stop/disable it, but it's obviously too late at that point.

"Reports" are mainly Turkish sources. I highly doubt Erdogan wants to burn his sources until he has to. Keeping the 'how' of the recording as muddied as possible serves to lead Saudi intelligence in multiple directions. Maybe it's 15 assassins' fuckup; maybe it's a leak; maybe it's bugs. But it's hard to conduct a counter-intelligence assessment when the embassy is hot and your hit men's identities are all over Gulf news