• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Priapus

Oct 27, 2017
The first two episodes are solid, and as someone else mentioned it's nice how he subverts expectations. Positives aside, I think it does play up the class "wacky Japan" angle a bit too much, which feels dated nowadays. Still, nice photography and easy watching.
I agree. It seems like they really wanted to ham up the awkwardeness. I enjoyed the series but it could have been better.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
Finished it and very much enjoyed it. James really is better off doing his own thing,
Yeah, it's more enjoyable when it's something you can see he likes. I loved 'The Reassembler' on the BBC that was basically him in a shed on his own putting old things back together i.e. toy trains or a lawnmower because he was enthusiastic about what he was doing.

ChrisR

Oct 26, 2017
Nothing, if I remember from my watching it. He was a bit overexuberant, but it played off ok against James May's natural straight man persona.
He made a film called "Scottsboro Girls" with a tagline of "The uncomfortable truth of the comfort girls' army"...

Really wish the production crew would have done a little more digging, no matter how well he did on screen.

mightynine

Oct 25, 2017
I'm finally getting around to watching this, and the UHD 4K video is jerky, for lack of a better term, on Apple TV. Don't have this problem on anything else - is this happening to anyone else?

Vommy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
James was great in these. Hopefully there is more to come.