• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
8 years in the making, features:
- remastered soundtrack
- new ships and weapon systems
- two new levels
- tons of various improvements (balancing, UI, art, etc)

For those that never played it (been in plenty of bundles and sales), it's a really beginner-friendly shmup from 1 to 4 players, in a unique setting (steampunk in space), and with really nice pixel art and music. Really recommend it!

JamestownPlus_NewAnnounce_Action4.gif

store.steampowered.com

Jamestown+ on Steam

Set sail for 17th-century British Colonial Mars in Jamestown+: a cooperative shoot-em-up for 1-4 brave souls, designed to be exciting for players of all skill levels.

Jangowuzhere

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This is a good game.

Interested in how different the main game is though. Not sure if I wanna rebuy it.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
This is a good game.

Interested in how different the main game is though. Not sure if I wanna rebuy it.

Looked it up:

What do we mean by "+"?:
  • Two all-new, handcrafted levels set on Phobos & Deimos, the moons of Mars.
  • New ships: Brave the horrors of Mars with several powerful new ships and their unique loadouts, including Treason's powerful fusillades of homing missiles, Ghost's mighty close-range Excalibur and shadow double, and The Armada, three new configurable characters allow for 36 possible weapon loadouts, allowing players to craft their own playstyle.
  • Countless improvements large and small, including new background & enemy artwork, level layout adjustments, bullet pattern tweaks, and a completely scratch-built user interface.
  • The original soundtrack and sound effects have been carefully remastered for 5.1 surround sound, powered by the all-new Gorilla Audio engine.
Seems fairly substantial

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
For some reason, I thought the enhanced version had come out a long time ago. I remember the original version being a solid game so I might double-dip.

Deleted member 2620

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How is this game structured? Is there persistent upgrade stuff or can it be played like an arcade game?

Easy_D

Oct 28, 2017
Jamestown fucking ROCKS. Fantastic art, great shmup in general and the soundtrack is fucking outstanding. Well worth your money I'd say.

Edit: Just listen to this fucking title screen theme

Mobyduck

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
I remember playing this when it released. Didn't know they were making an enhanced version. It was already great, so I imagine it's even better now.

Jun 23, 2019
Holy shit I haven't played this game in years. Wish you got a discount on the Switch if you owned the PC version (yeah I know not feasible but still).

Emerald Hawk

Dec 12, 2017
New Jersey
Holy shit I haven't played this game in years. Wish you got a discount on the Switch if you owned the PC version (yeah I know not feasible but still).
I assume the discount is for previous steam owners only to buy the new steam version. I bought it from GamersGate 8 years ago; it would be cool if there was some way for me to prove that but I don't think there is.

Fun game, similar to DoDonPachi with the two different weapon types.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Man I played this so long ago. Great shooter

Allyougame

Oct 25, 2017
Jamestown+ is on sale for 50% off ($8.99 USD) on the Nintendo Switch until March 26th, so not much more than a day left. Hopefully giving a heads up to anyone interested.

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/jamestown-plus-switch/

I picked it up yesterday and it's delivered on every lofty expectation I've long had for the game, finally playing it now. What a delight so far, great job with the Switch port.

giallo

Oct 27, 2017
Seoul
So, I've been playing Jamestown, and wow. How did I not know about this game? It's like my dream shooter.