• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

New Donker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
So let me get this straight.

The maga kid attempted to defuse the the person attempting to defuse the situation, by making eye contact with him and smirking instead of turning to his friends and saying let's get out of here. Gotcha.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
How is the complete story of this told without including the actions of the Black Hebrew Israelites? Isn't that another side to the story that wasn't originally reported?

Because the Black Israelites weren't the ones these boys decided to surround and heckle?

This would be a completely different story if the boys kept their ire trained on the Black Israelites. Still a gross story, but different. But these boys told on themselves by focusing on the closest and least intimidating brown person.

Westbahnhof

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austria
This is not true, Trump basically ensured he got every single evangical catholic vote by simply saying he is pro-life despite the fact that he hasn't done a single thing for these people. In fact in the book Fear he is quoted as saying that he doesn't really care about the issue and if anything he is pro-choice.

It's literally the reason why all these kids from a Catholic skill were wearing MAGA. They were apparently meeting at this point to catch a bus to a pro-life rally.
Evangelical Catholics? That seems to be an American thing, thanks for pointing them out. There's not even a German wikipedia entry on those people.
Makes sense that they would love Trump.
But more importantly, COME ON.
"This is not true"? It's not true that I'm surrounded by Catholics who despise Trump and his party? Of course it's true (I'm Austrian, just in case you missed my other post). Don't accuse me of lying, that pisses me off. I was just stating that from my experience, this is not behaviour that'd make me go "She a Catholic or something?", like the person I responded to.

Soda

Oct 26, 2017
Dunedin, New Zealand
Some members on Era deal in absolutes. Good people don't always make good decisions and they ought to remember that the next time they make a poor one and later tell themselves that they are not bad people.

That said not every story has two or more equally valid sides and JLC is definitely NOT the perennial spineless immoral filth, Boogie.
Another case of Era blindly hating a public figure (and Jamie Lee Curtis, of all people, who has a pretty strong record of being a very cool woman) because they said one thing they don't like (the one thing in this case being largely harmless, too).

Sometimes the people on this site show their true colors is pretty sad ways.

It honestly gets to a point that I don't want to be associated with the political discussion here.

It's one thing to say "Hey, JLC is in the wrong here, and here's why" and another to literally call her a "c***." Disagreeing and providing logical reasoning is very valid. Disagreeing and doing nothing more than memeing and posting insults is, wait for it, the same as t_d. Political discussion on ERA can sometimes (but not always) devolve into seriously being the prime example of "both sides" that most of ERA hates to see stated, but it is what it is - if your best counter to JLC's reasonable response is nothing more than the lowest-level of insults, well, you're as deep into the forest as the deepest of MAGA people in regards to being incapable of using logic and reason to better understand situations. Like it or not, there aren't always good guys and bad guys in every single political encounter, with shades of grey sometimes being the truth.

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
Wow these kids sound like monsters. Just standing around doing nothing like they own the fucking place.

Look, more of your friends just standing around

9999016686-l.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
This reminds me, I got banned on the old site a long time ago for posting this in response to someone asking if my Bronson avatar was a skinhead. And of course things being the way they are with moderation, I was never given a chance to explain it to them.

But it wasn't directed at a woman regardless so I'm curious how this goes.

Okay sorry for derail please move along.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
new details give a little bit of clarity to this case, but still very shitty from Jamie Curtis :^(
its very obvious whats happening no matter who started what
As someone said above, not as unanimous for Catholics, but besides that, I'm in a different, majority Catholic country.
I think its more that Trump speaks against latinos/immigrants than religion or even political alliances.he is known for despising Mexico and the wall , if not most catholics in other countries would think he is a joke at worst.

DarthWalden

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Evangelical Catholics? That seems to be an American thing, thanks for pointing them out. There's not even a German wikipedia entry on those people.
But more importantly, COME ON.
"This is not true"? It's not true that I'm surrounded by Catholics who despise Trump and his party? Of course it's true (I'm Austrian, just in case you missed my other post). Don't accuse me of lying, that pisses me off.

I'm not calling you a liar, but that's totally anecdotal evidence. I know a lot of Catholics here in Canada and they are all pretty much anti-trump but that is also anecdotal and not in a totally different region.

Having said that there is a huge number of bat shit crazy Evangelical Christians in the states and they are all Trump Crazy. When I say Trump Crazy that doesn't even begin to describe it, they view him as some sort of savior.

White evangelicals voted overwhelmingly for Donald Trump, exit polls show

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
It honestly gets to a point that I don't want to be associated with the political discussion here.

It's one thing to say "Hey, JLC is in the wrong here, and here's why" and another to literally call her a "c***." Disagreeing and providing logical reasoning is very valid. Disagreeing and doing nothing more than memeing and posting insults is, wait for it, the same as t_d. Political discussion on ERA can sometimes (but not always) devolve into seriously being the prime example of "both sides" that most of ERA hates to see stated, but it is what it is - if your best counter to JLC's reasonable response is nothing more than the lowest-level of insults, well, you're as deep into the forest as the deepest of MAGA people in regards to being incapable of using logic and reason to better understand situations. Like it or not, there aren't always good guys and bad guys in every single political encounter, with shades of grey sometimes being the truth.
Report the cunt post instead of framing your meta commentary about the forum as if we're all calling her a cunt.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
She's in Kanye territory now.

Meaning people on Era will still love her regardless.

Stitch

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Just standing around wearing white supremacist caps you mean
Weird, i didn't see any swastikas or stuff like that. Just hats with a presidential campaign slogan.
Oh right, I forgot that the current President is literally Hitler.

Look, more of your friends just standing around

A group of white teenage boys pour drinks and condiments on African American students sitting at a Woolworth's lunch counter in a non-violent demonstration.

Yeah right, that's exactly the same situation.

karmaforgotme

Oct 27, 2017
Knoxville, TN

In what world was her tweet even in the same universe as what Kanye has done over and over?

About the video, I will be honest I can't get past the MAGA hat. I think wearing a MAGA hat makes you wrong and you are a POS for wearing it. Still I'm not putting Jamie Lee Curtis in Kanye territory. Hell that asshole even wears a MAGA hat.

Uno Venova

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Another case of Era blindly hating a public figure (and Jamie Lee Curtis, of all people, who has a pretty strong record of being a very cool woman) because they said one thing they don't like (the one thing in this case being largely harmless, too).

Sometimes the people on this site show their true colors is pretty sad ways.
No more 'Oops', no more excuses, one wrong word, and ERA's deemed you an unredeemable piece of shit person.

I hope no one actually finds the political decorum here respectable as a whole.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not calling you a liar, but that's totally anecdotal evidence. I know a lot of Catholics here in Canada and they are all pretty much anti-trump but that is also anecdotal and not in a totally different region.

Having said that there is a huge number of bat shit crazy Evangelical Christians in the states and they are all Trump Crazy. When I say Trump Crazy that doesn't even begin to describe it, they view him as some sort of savior.

Dont be so sure of those canadian catholics

Catholics would vote trump on the abortion issue alone

While Im sure they detest a lot of things trump has done, hardline catholics absolutely stand by the pro life president

Westbahnhof

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austria

I wouldn't call it totally anecdotal, the majority of (majority Catholic) Austria was already worried about the guy before he got sworn in, according to polls, and afaik, it's gotten worse since then. It's the largest religion, isn't it? That's why I think it's too much of a generalisation.

But yeah, more importantly, my mind would jump to "evangelical protestant" before it'd go to "Catholic".

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Weird, i didn't see any swastikas or stuff like that. Just hats with a presidential campaign slogan.
Oh right, I forgot that the current President is literally Hitler.

Yeah right, that's exactly the same situation.
MAGA hats are the same as swastikas.
But you know what, fuck off.
No more 'Oops', no more excuses, one wrong word, and ERA's deemed you an unredeemable piece of shit person.

I hope no one actually finds the political decorum here respectable as a whole.
Once more Venova jumping to the defense of shitty people. What would they do without you one could wonder.

Mullet2000

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
"difuse the situation"

What fucking situation other than the one you kids created by going out to meet the protestors to begin with?

JK-Money

Attempt to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
man people need to pull a Terry Crews, instead of when he said "men need to hold other men accountable"

White People Need to Hold other White People Accountable

Fuck sakes people

Stitch

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
User Banned (permanent): downplaying racism, history of severe infractions
Whatever, this is Era so let's all agree that these kids are shitheads, Jamie Lee is a cunt and everyone who disagrees with Era needs to get doxxed, harassed and punched in the face.

higemaru

Nov 30, 2017
Watching the video hosted on the native american newssite, it's fairly clear that Phillips walked in on what was clearly about to be a straight up fight between some white high schoolers and Black Israelites who were egging them on for well, wearing MAGA hats and being privileged white kids. Phillips is honestly lucky he didn't get his shit kicked in, if those kids had been day drinking? Woof.

So yes, there is another side, because when I first saw the original video, I was under the impression that the kids interrupted a Native American procession, which is not what happened. What did happen however was even more indicative of the school's systemic issues with racism and I'll be honest, makes them look even worse lmao. But it is important to make sure you have your facts straight, and this story was reported inaccurately on many sites. Curtis trying to both sides the debate only obscures the conversations we should be having like, why the fuck did these dipshit white kids pick a fight with the black Hebrews

But no you reactionary dolts, she's not suddenly Jamie MAGA Curtis

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC

No. She said a very questionable thing that raises eyebrows. Kanye is wearing his ass on his head and been doing it for months and months on end proudly and gets mad at people asking, "why the hell you wearing your asshole on your forehead Kanye??" Thats a world apart and you have to go all in to be where Kanye is.

Protein

Oct 27, 2017
Nothing says diffusing a situation like having a shit-eating grin while wearing the equivalent to a Klan hood on. Don't mind the white kids in the background dancing "indigenously" to mock a Native American.

Snowy

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Because the Black Israelites weren't the ones these boys decided to surround and heckle?

This would be a completely different story if the boys kept their ire trained on the Black Israelites. Still a gross story, but different. But these boys told on themselves by focusing on the closest and least intimidating brown person.

I mean, they were disrespectful shitheads, but he literally walked right into their crowd and right up to the smirking kid. The racist whooping and tomahawk chopping is white frat boy nonsense that should be, and has been, rightfully condemned, but given the original, outrage-generating spin was that they'd spontaneously surrounded and actively tried to intimidate him, not that he'd intentionally walked into a configuration where they would be encircling him, there is at least some incumbency to point out the dishonesty of the original framing.