January 2019 NPD (U.S. Hardware) Predictions - Closes Tuesday, February 12th

Oct 25, 2017
Seeing the crazy numbers Apex Legends is pulling, do we think the game could have a similar effect to what Fortnite did last year and actually sell many consoles or it is mostly selling to the same crowd who already owns PS4/Xbox?
Probably the latter but maybe it can provide a slight uptick. It would really be something if it could essentially be Fortnite 2.0 for 2019 though.

Oct 25, 2017
So, Apex sitting at 25M players now. Any of the insider folk seeing any type of uptick with the consoles? I imagine if there is going to be some sort of movement, it would become more noticeable as we go along in the month though.

Oct 28, 2017
Bronx, NY
[NSW] 250k
[PS4] 185k
[XB1] 120k

Nintendo will continue to ride high on Super Smash Bros. Ultimate and Pokemon Let's Go sales, with New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe doing really well. Playstation 4 and XBOX one gets Resident Evil 2 Remake and Kingdom Hearts III. While I don't expect either title to push systems, they will do really well, regardless.

Nov 2, 2017
So, Apex sitting at 25M players now. Any of the insider folk seeing any type of uptick with the consoles? I imagine if there is going to be some sort of movement, it would become more noticeable as we go along in the month though.
I don’t think it will have an effect on consoles, Fortnite already brought new people in and it will be hard for a game in the same genre to do it again.