• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Fucking ghouliani, Trump, and his cronies were freaking out.....over a fucking ginger mint. Holy shit.

nny

Oct 25, 2017
To see good, decent people going through this type of abuse because of the actions of these pieces of shit who are yet to go through any consequence….argh

Piggus

Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
My parents this very weekend mentioned "the boxes of votes they pulled out from under the table" when I brought up Trump attempting to overturn a fair and legal election. Over eighteen months later they still believe this shit.

The common theme I've noticed about most people who believe this trash is they have no idea how votes are counted or how the process even works to begin with, and their bar for "evidence" is veerrrry low. So they see a van with people taking boxes out and use that as "proof" that they're unloading fake ballots. But they're so embedded in the conspiracy that they completely reject any explanation of it, even when the explanation is really simple.

The thing that drives me the most crazy though is how this was litigated in court more than 80 times, and they lost. Every. Single. Time. So to believe this, you have to also believe that there's some mythical evidence that wasn't already presented and dismissed as bullshit by dozens of courts, including the very Trumpy SC. The lack of any common sense or basis in reality from those who subscribe to this is amazing to me. And what is it that they often say to defend it? "It's just common sense that there was fraud."

* sighs deeply *

Username1198

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Space, Man
Uggghhhhhhgghhgghhh this is heartbreaking man. Fucking hell trump and his gang of ghouls need their comeuppance and thrown into jail. I don't see any other way.

THE210

Nov 30, 2017
I had to shut it off when they introduced her. As a black man the things that happened to her and her mother absolutely infuriates me. I wonder if stand your ground and castle doctrine laws would have protected her if she was a gun owner

Dr. Feel Good

Oct 25, 2017
The common theme I've noticed about most people who believe this trash is they have no idea how votes are counted or how the process even works to begin with, and their bar for "evidence" is veerrrry low. So they see a van with people taking boxes out and use that as "proof" that they're unloading fake ballots. But they're so embedded in the conspiracy that they completely reject any explanation of it, even when the explanation is really simple.

The thing that drives me the most crazy though is how this was litigated in court more than 80 times, and they lost. Every. Single. Time. So to believe this, you have to also believe that there's some mythical evidence that wasn't already presented and dismissed as bullshit by dozens of courts, including the very Trumpy SC. The lack of any common sense or basis in reality from those who subscribe to this is amazing to me. And what is it that they often say to defend it? "It's just common sense that there was fraud."

* sighs deeply *

When I said that to my uncle about them failing dozens of times in the courts I said if you don't find that valid then you believe that the entire system is corrupt, and without any type of proof that's pure conspiracy thinking. He said my problem is that I put any trust into systems designed by men and that I can only trust God.

I walked out of the room, you can't level set with these fucking nut jobs.

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
Fuckin hell. This is why I don't open the door for ANYBODY unless I'm expecting someone.

Mar 30, 2019
This poor woman, I can't believe the bullshit she endured. Here she is again recalling those memories AND opening herself up to additional lying attacks today. Brave woman indeed.

Trigger

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA
I can't imagine being so brainwashed that you're attacking the grandmother of a random worker. That's not what democracy or decency looks like.

Doorman

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
How shitty of a person must you be to be pizza-pranking the completely unrelated grandmother of someone who was just trying to do their fucking job as a normal person? Like at that point you clearly know what you're doing won't even accomplish anything to overturn the election, you're just being a dumbass because you know there'll be no consequence for it and it lets you bully a minority.

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
Who did Liz say they were trying to get to appear before the committee? Got distracted and wasn't paying attention.

Edit: Oh, apparently Trump's first impeachment lawyer.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
That's the South in a nutshell.

"It just didn't feel like xyz to ME." Therefore it can't be true.
We're the perfect example of why better education is so important.

You fail that and you get a bunch of morons that vote for republicans without any real brain power behind their decesion making besides tribalism.

No matter how bad Trump got, I knew a lot of people here that just brushed it all off.

Its like sports to them.

"Well, I got to vote for the home team. Thats our guy."

Piggus

Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
When I said that to my uncle about them failing dozens of times in the courts I said if you don't find that valid then you believe that the entire system is corrupt, and without any type of proof that's pure conspiracy thinking. He said my problem is that I put any trust into systems designed by men and that I can only trust God.

But God isn't the one who came up with this bulls... oh never mind. >_<

I don't envy anyone who has to deal with this in their family. I'm super lucky in that the few close family members who did vote for Trump the first time got sick of him pretty quickly and voted for Biden.

Oct 28, 2017
But God isn't the one who came up with this bulls... oh never mind. >_<

I don't envy anyone who has to deal with this in their family. I'm super lucky in that the few close family members who did vote for Trump the first time got sick of him pretty quickly and voted for Biden.
My step brother and his wife still believe Trump won and Biden is a pedo. His dad tried to call him on that bullshit and he just won't listen. I feel bad for my stepdad because he just can't talk to his son anymore because of Trump.

THE210

Nov 30, 2017
We're the perfect example of why better education is so important.

You fail that and you get a bunch of morons that vote for republicans without any real brain power behind their decesion making besides tribalism.

No matter how bad Trump got, I knew a lot of people here that just brushed it all off.

Its like sports to them.

"Well, I got to vote for the home team. Thats our guy."

I think it's mostly racism and bigotry that drive these people not ignorance. These people want to go back to a time where they could put minorities in their place like the good old days.

Teh_Lurv

Oct 25, 2017
One thing they didn't mention today, unless I missed it (I did have to mute from time to time for work): almost all these many thousands of threatening e-mails and phone calls have gone unpunished. I don't have a link, but I read a story detailing how few have been investigated, much less charged or prosecuted.

Vice news has done a couple of stories about election threats over e-mail and phone. Their last video had one of their reporters go as far to call some of those people back to ask for interviews:

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017

No, you can't. The simplest of logic completely destroys their stupid "God's will" argument. If God wanted Trump to win, then Trump would've won. Are they really saying that Democrats managed to defeat God? That God's will is that easily denied? It's so fucking stupid.

But they don't give a shit about logic. And, quite frankly, they don't give a shit about God, either. They care about Trump, or more specifically, their own personal investment in his loss. Trump sold them on his worldview of "winners" and "losers", and promised they were all winners. He can't accept being a loser, so neither can they.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
I think it's mostly racism and bigotry that drive these people not ignorance. These people want to go back to a time where they could put minorities in their place like the good old days.
I think it's a horrible blend. Southern evangelicalism is a kind of prosperity gospel. If you have faith and are doing good, that should basically be reflected in your socioeconomic status. Therefore, if you're struggling or poor, like many many rural minority families, you must not be Jesus-ing hard enough. And if you're white, it's because the godless liberals are preventing your ship from coming in. You're not poor, you're pre-rich. It bears no resemblance to what Christianity actually teaches but it's why all these politicians are able to toss around very basic Christian ideals and rural whites lap it up.

CorpseLight

Nov 3, 2018

* sighs deeply *
I heard the "Trump was winning at night, we went to sleep - and then Biden got a whole bunch of votes from somewhere while we were sleeping! That isnt normal! Who was counting those??" from a few family members and it just really is incredible how little they understand about how anything works.

Yes...they had election workers working all thru the night to count votes, and certain towns or cities lean one way or another politically so depending on when they got to counting them, it may be a 80/20 split for Biden.

I had to explain this like 5 times to my sister and she still shook her head.

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
Vice news has done a couple of stories about election threats over e-mail and phone. Their last video had one of their reporters go as far to call some of those people back to ask for interviews:

Thank you. The ones I read before were written articles, with more focus on police and FBI response (which was minimal). But this video sums all that up in one sentence: "Fulton County Police have not opened investigations into any of these incidents".

MrSaturn99

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I live in a giant bucket.

* sighs deeply *

And that's not even getting into how the FBI, DHS (that being Trump's *own officials*), DOJ and Georgia Republicans all magically failed to intercept an international fraud conspiracy by Biden, Soros, Italy, China, Venezuela, Dominion Voting Machines, and whoever the fuck else was supposedly involved. (Or they were in on it, I dunno; I don't speak stupid.)

Also, our intelligence agencies mean nothing in the face of the MyPillow guy -- an upstanding, stable paragon of virtue who coincidentally tells me what I want to hear and totally isn't a grifter.

Over six years into this farce, and these pathetic morons continue falling onto Trump's sword not just to convince themselves he's not the openly racist, narcissicist, fascist, outright fucking idiot he proudly parades around as, but because despite all the public evidence proving just that, despite the naked emperor proudly desecretating the White House, it's that they don't want to admit they were wrong.

(And that's, of course, supposing that they don't know better. I don't doubt stupidity played a huge role in how the Big Lie exploded, but let's not forget fascism was, and remains, a key appeal to Trumpism. I've seen it described as rubes being "in" on the con and I've gradually found that to be very apt.)

The4thJeazy

May 14, 2020
I'm catching up watching today's hearing with the Arizona house speaker. This shit is devastating. If nothing comes from this this country is fucking doomed.

ZeroRed

Oct 27, 2017
After all is said and done, if Giuliani isn't at least criminally charged with something, then you know shit is beyond repair in this country. The man had his hands in every cookie jar of these crimes. Suggesting, architecting, intimidating, pressuring, and stoking it at every moment. He really fucking needs to get some comeuppance or there's no justice.

Deleted member 4614

Oct 25, 2017
Threatening someone involved in certifying an election should put you behind bars, and disqualify you from voting or running for public office