• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
The amount of focus that Trump is putting on the driver thing and the food on the wall shows where his priorities lie lol

Lifendz

Oct 27, 2017
I guess the sudden nature of the hearing prevented it from being prime time, but damn...this should've been prime time

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Real question: will anything come out of this? Will Trump face any kind of consequence? I have lost hope of this long ago, honestly. This is all incredibly damning stuff, like, this is Watergate x100, and yet... there were so many instances where he was so obviously guilty of criminal behaviour and nothing happened.

Oct 30, 2017
It's deflection -- the more people talk about him grabbing the wheel, the less they talk about his sedition.
"Can you believe Trump tried to grab the wheel from the Secret Service in order to commit more sedition?"

"I can't believe Trump threw his well-done steak drowned in ketchup at the wall while having a fit about not being able to commit more sedition."

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Real question: will anything come out of this? Will Trump face any kind of consequence? I have lost hope of this long ago, honestly. This is all incredibly damning stuff, like, this is Watergate x100, and yet... there were so many instances where he was so obviously guilty of criminal behaviour and nothing happened.
Well since he isn't president anymore and the DOJ is controlled by a democrat. There are way more things on the table.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
surely he's got villain confidence?

We can only hope.

Jg6VnUYr7SLC35yXF7zba2kte_sOtQ_88vAC1zYf_n8.jpg

MMBosstones86

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, clearly after the impeachment hearings the Dems have learned a thing or two about engaging the public. This feels more like a show about a series of hearings than a series of hearings. And I mean that as a positive.

And it's completely attributed to McCarthy fucking around and not putting any other GOP members on the committee to shit it up. It's been a script read from start to finish with complete focus.

syphonblue

Apr 29, 2022
And it's completely attributed to McCarthy fucking around and not putting any other GOP members on the committee to shit it up. It's been a script read from start to finish with complete focus.
McCarthy trying to put Jim Jordan and Matt Gaetz in the committee and being told no so he took his ball and went home instead will go down as one of the most epic self-inflicted blunders in the history of man

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
I know I've reached the cynical "nothing will come from this" stage, but uh today makes it pretty clear that Trump needs to get arrested.

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
My wife tells me it would make her so happy if it's a woman's testimony that takes down Trump.

Isilia

Mar 11, 2019
US: PA
The smoking gun caught fire. The man holding it is on fire. The house around him is on fire.

How much is enough game. I expect some serious back breaking defense in the next 24 hours.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
McCarthy trying to put Jim Jordan and Matt Gaetz in the committee and being told no so he took his ball and went home instead will go down as one of the most epic self-inflicted blunders in the history of man
Yep. And they can deride the republicans who are on it all they want. But they are showing very much they are capable and it's very very smart they have Chaney doing a lot of this.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
Yep. And they can deride the republicans who are on it all they want. But they are showing very much they are capable and it's very very smart they have Chaney doing a lot of this.

On top of the people talking being people who voted for Trump, worked under him, or would even vote for him again. These are conservatives being brought up.

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017

this hearing feels like the way the a bipartisan government should handle an event like this. instead of having people who were involved with the event be part of the committee and running interference in real time.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
"We got him this time" take 3098

Seriously, Trump has done so many obviously incriminating things already. I don't see how this is any different. Tomorrow he'll punch a baby to distract us from this and it will work.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
Even if arresting Trump isnt on the cards; I really do hope something will be put in motion that will at least forbid him to ever hold any kind of public office ever again.
Not only him, also the traitorous snakes like the lawmakers who voted against certifying Biden win.

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
Even if arresting Trump isnt on the cards; I really do hope something will be put in motion that will at least forbid him to ever hold any kind of public office ever again.

im sure he'll be able to run. but its getting harder for him to win, i think? he's lost the popular vote twice. he lost the election in 2020. and that was before the insurrection. i dont think this hearing and the insurrection itself have helped his future but, who knows? the power of inflation.

APOEERA

Oct 26, 2017
If somehow Trump runs and gets elected again, he will likely do more heinous shit and probably send Democrats to Gitmo just because. Or order the murder of reporters. It'll be worse and even darker.

He needs to be stopped and given federal charges. If he somehow doesn't recognize the authority of the DOJ and tries to flee the country, we're screwed from seeing actual justice occurring.

Mr. RPG

Oct 25, 2017

Neither of these things are happening.

You guys have completely lost it. Y'all seem clueless as to the purpose of these hearings.

Cerulean_skylark

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account.
Banned
Oct 31, 2017

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
They need to go after everyone. Put Trump in fucking chains. I don't care if it triggers his base. Let them go fucking nuts. Let them try their little insurrection again now that someone else is in charge and they won't be handled with kid gloves. Let Fox fume and cry for a civil war, then put them in fucking jail too.

Teh_Lurv

Oct 25, 2017
Pat Toobin made an excellent point on the CNN post-commentary. The Jan 6th committee needs to talk to Pat Ciplinoi NOW. If he confirms that he told Trump if he does X then he's violating criminal law, then it's game over for Trump.

machtia

Oct 29, 2017
This is Trump's full statement about not knowing her:

I hardly know who this person, Cassidy Hutchinson, is, other than I heard very negative things about her (a total phony and 'leaker'), and when she requested to go with certain others of the team to Florida after my having served a full term in office, I personally turned her request down
This is how they're going to discredit her. By claiming she perjured herself repeatedly because Trump wouldn't give her a job.

Hound

Jul 6, 2019
I'm getting more and more enraged every passing day that Trump and Meadows are not arrested. How inept is the DOJ? Or are they accomplices?

ShOcKwAvE

Oct 27, 2017
Carlsbad, CA
I wish I could believe that this changes anything, but we had many Russia-related hearings where witnesses testified against Trump. I remember Gordon Sondland explicitly confirming that there was a quid-pro-quo, and thinking that it would be the nail in the coffin.

Now for J6, until we actually start SEEING ARRESTS for crimes, I'm not assuming anything.