• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
I'm too tired to think of a witty title, but here we go.
The debate will air at 9pm ET on CNN, streaming (no cable login required) on CNN.com, CNN apps, DesMoinesRegister.com, and Democrats.org.

Who is debating?
  • Former Vice President Joe Biden
  • Former South Bend, Indiana, Mayor Pete Buttigieg
  • Minnesota Sen. Amy Klobuchar
  • Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders
  • Businessman Tom Steyer
  • Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren
This is the last debate before the Iowa caucuses (Feb. 3).

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
ahh, the final 6..

Predictions: Klobuchar will go on attack mode, no one will even acknowledge her.
Biden will sit back and smile and do Joe things
Buttigieg will bring up the Bernie v Warren stuff before anyone else
Warren will make a case for herself, and repeat that she and bernie are friends
Bernie will give his stump speech again, and ly dow
Steyer will reveal he's actually batman

the audience will interrupt about Yang being gone

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Time for CNN to verbally fellate Klobuchar all night and frame every democratic proposal in a right wing way.

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
All eyes gonna be on bernie vs warren but they better go after biden or he will walk out of this the clear victor

OP
OP
Wraith

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
He isn't accepting donations, so he has no way to meet half of the debate requirements (he did meet the polling requirement, apparently). Which sounds like a dumb way to run a campaign to me. But what do I know, I'm not a billionaire former mayor slash media mogul.

Deleted member 13645

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Does Steyer have bad policies? I don't know anything about him except that he's a billionaire, is super anti-Trump and focuses a lot on climate change.

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
Does Steyer have bad policies? I don't know anything about him except that he's a billionaire, is super anti-Trump and focuses a lot on climate change.
If he wasn't a billionaire he'd be a good candidate honestly.
It's just that no one takes him serious since he's a billionaire. Should've used his money to register voters and help down ballot races

Mr.Awesome

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
He isn't accepting donations, so he has no way to meet half of the debate requirements (he did meet the polling requirement, apparently). Which sounds like a dumb way to run a campaign to me. But what do I know, I'm not a billionaire former mayor slash media mogul.
Didnt trump have limited donations in his primary? How did repubs handle that? I think that's kid of a dumb criteria. Should just be polling.

BADMAN

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Starwars-Debatescrop.jpg

;)

less

Oct 25, 2017
Time to watch Biden give a GOAT sleepwalking performance which will cement his victory.

pigeon

Oct 25, 2017

A thing to understand about Bloomberg is that politicians campaigning for a federal office are entitled by law to the lowest ad rate for the class of ad time they are purchasing. So if Bloomberg intends to buy a lot of ad time for some reason it might be beneficial for him to mount a fake political campaign.

Oct 25, 2017
It's also on DesMoinesRegister.com and Democrats.org. And if it's just the cable thing, they said you don't need a provider login to stream the debate on cnn.com.

Hosted by CNN and The Des Moines Register.

Nah, I just don't like CNN after what they pulled with the 2016 election. CNN is basically just Fox News Lite at this point. Having Cooper doesn't change that, and I refuse to support that bullshit.

Oct 25, 2017
Ugh how is Klobuchar still in this? Never would thought from the beginning that she would outlast Harris, Booker, Gillibrand or even Castro yet here she is. Despise her.

BoboBrazil

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm debating if I even want to watch it, because of this.
She's probably going to get some of the highest talking time tonight. You should be fine as long as you ignore their pundits on tv afterwards though. Of course you will still have to listen to their right wing framing of questions during the debate.

GiantBreadbug

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
is this where I can talk about how Sanders is going to vaporize Warren over her cute little eleventh hour self-own or will that get the thread locked to deal with reports

just kidding, we all already know how it's going to go down

Oct 25, 2017
Re: the Bernie vs. Warren thing.

I think ultimately neither of them will give much air time to what is going on. I can see it being brought up by another candidate, or the moderators, but I think Bernie will disagree with the characterization of what Warren is saying he said, and reiterate that he has a history of fighting for equality and cap it off by saying that should Elizabeth be the nom. he will fight for her and that she would make a fine President. I think Warren will double down on what she thinks was said, but ultimately say that it's a disagreement among friends and not enemies, and then she'll offer more or less a similar epilogue. Neither of them will expound on the discussions, and neither of them will take any cheap shots. They will let the media play the game in an off-air context, though, and be throwing punches back and forth from now on.

Sei

Oct 28, 2017
LA
Klob talks the most again, Steyer and Pete get the easy republican talking points. Biden has a brain pause moment again. Sanders and Warren talk for 5 minutes on the most loaded questions possible.

The script.

BoboBrazil

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Might be a protest during the debate tonight. United We Dream is there and might have members inside. They are protesting Biden on immigration

Oct 28, 2017
is this where I can talk about how Sanders is going to vaporize Warren over her cute little eleventh hour self-own or will that get the thread locked to deal with reports

just kidding, we all already know how it's going to go down

He should have one prepared statement that pulls no punches and acknowledges how completely absurd it is and then he should drop it.

GiantBreadbug

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He should have one prepared statement that pulls no punches and acknowledges how completely absurd it is and then he should drop it.

Agreed, but I think the fact that this entire story is a media-manufactured slopfest tells us that the moderators are going to be looking for a pop, and that means one (both?) of them is going to have dig in their heels and defend themselves from accusations and implications of lies.

"The other one is lying but let's just leave this behind" seems like an unsatisfactory conclusion to what was obviously intended to be an Official Campaign Moment for Warren is what my gut tells me.

Azuran

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's still too many jobbers in this. Hoping half of the field is gone after Iowa so we can have some real debates for once.

LProtagonist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So close. At the very least get rid of Klobuchar and Steyer. Buttigieg being there is I guess fine, as 4 people is manageable, but I'd prefer seeing the top 3.

GiantBreadbug

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
the competition is about to be Klobbered when Amy gets the most speaking time but uses it to literally transform into a physical manifestation of the centrist rally twitter meme

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
sanders and warren aren't gonna play ball on questions getting them to fight, id bet

both are just gonna pivot to dunking on trump and healthcare

pigeon

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else getting s-teyer-ed of these? I hope healthcare can be discussed cogently tonight (by the candidates, of course).

personally I would like to spend the first ninety minutes of this debate discussing whether medicare for all would require raising taxes, because I am still very unclear on this question